Login

russian armor

Why free medic is harder to get for some faction?

1 Aug 2021, 23:07 PM

The option to choose between medic squad and repair squad in mechanized/battlegroup would solve this problem. But i guess that goes against the idea of the faction and the tech system.
3 Aug 2021, 10:22 AM

I cant understand balancing.
They give other faction passive healing for half track. it was unique ability for osteer
and when I say something for OKW, this is OP and it's unqiue for them!
3 Aug 2021, 13:31 PM

I cant understand balancing.
They give other faction passive healing for half track. it was unique ability for osteer
and when I say something for OKW, this is OP and it's unqiue for them!

Ost didnt have it before as well. They got it dispite the ost halftrack saw good use while the m5 doesnt, and none of the ost healing is base locked unlike soviets have as only faction. Now reinforce and medic bunker can be put in a single bunker as well now. So why the ost halftrack got it is strange to me.
The m5/soviets are most suited or deserving for a passive heal abilitie.
4 Aug 2021, 12:51 PM

Doesn't the NKVD Commissar feature a medic in his retinue?

The "Distribute Medical Supplies" ability is like the Infantry Section medical kit if memory serves.
4 Aug 2021, 12:57 PM

So this will only be an issue if you don't tech as OKW?

As that's how I see it.

4 Aug 2021, 18:08 PM

3 aoe is good only if you have more than one troop in base. Otherwise its only work for one infantry.

tech is not medic, im not saying AT is not medic!

medic is core element. There is 5 factions, and 4 of them can get medic in all tech path.

OKW need back tech for medic, I understand OKW has other things, but its better to give them medic even if something need removed from OKW.

They. Are. Designed. With. That. In. mind.
They are capable of operation even if they lose trucks (or don't build them)

A major part of the game is decisions, one of the ones okw makes is when to get their medics.. They do not lack medics, they simply need to chose to get them and should they delay it there are plenty of options in place to offset that choice, some commanders like firestorm allow you to even bypass they tech entirely if you so please.

Choices are what make the game interesting and okw economic trade offs are no different.
It IS stark contrast to say the brits whom for some reason the balance team felt the need to waste valuable time to add multiple new healing options despite already having the easiest to access, cheapest and most effecient form, but that's beside the point at hand. Okw HAS healing options, self heal needs to be unturned on volks and things will be a lot more organic. Plus it'll help volks. Win win
6 Aug 2021, 07:31 AM

So why the ost halftrack got it is strange to me.

The Halftrack had healing before the bunker could have multiple upgrades.

OKW:
Battlegroup: 70 MP 15 fuel for truck + 150 MP 10 fuel for convert + 50 MP 10 fuel for upgrade
= 270 MP + 35 fuel

Sturmpioneer supply: 45 ammo 3 usage

You forgot feuersturm doctrines ambulance truck, which also gets nearby infantry a performance boost (iirc). Also; vet. 4 volksgren have auto healing, which no other mainline infantry has.
6 Aug 2021, 11:52 AM

Yes indeed but my point is that none of the more flexible (then soviet) stock healing options ost had prior to the halftrack is or has been base locked.
That and that soviets where more in need of such healing in the halftrack.
8 Aug 2021, 08:04 AM

They. Are. Designed. With. That. In. mind.
They are capable of operation even if they lose trucks (or don't build them)

A major part of the game is decisions, one of the ones okw makes is when to get their medics.. They do not lack medics, they simply need to chose to get them and should they delay it there are plenty of options in place to offset that choice, some commanders like firestorm allow you to even bypass they tech entirely if you so please.

Choices are what make the game interesting and okw economic trade offs are no different.
It IS stark contrast to say the brits whom for some reason the balance team felt the need to waste valuable time to add multiple new healing options despite already having the easiest to access, cheapest and most effecient form, but that's beside the point at hand. Okw HAS healing options, self heal needs to be unturned on volks and things will be a lot more organic. Plus it'll help volks. Win win

As you say its not base on medic.
But you should get medic in either strategy. medic is not part of strategy. its core element of the game.

You need to do macro and blob your unit for medic, and in mid game you need spend lot of fuel for only medic. so its not ok. I say again, I know with tier 2, you can get MG and support gun.
I saying about medic, not other unit. if they add option to get only medic ( no unit - maybe ugrade to get it ) its be more balanced.

You forgot feuersturm doctrines ambulance truck, which also gets nearby infantry a performance boost (iirc). Also; vet. 4 volksgren have auto healing, which no other mainline infantry has.

I listed all without commander, if i want to put commander i should consider half track for brit or usf

8 Aug 2021, 08:22 AM

While I understand the frustration that price-wise, certain factions seem to have it a lot easier than most, I am not convinced that there is an imbalance as your interpretation lacks consideration of the medic's availability.

The OKW medics may come at the requirement of a tech path, but in exchange, it is placed wherever the T1 is placed, which means it can be placed somewhere outside of their base. Unlike other medics like the USF ambulance or UKF Medic squad, this tech building is a whole lot more resilient to damage, which means removing this healing and reinforcing factor in the game will be a lot more difficult for the opposing player. Sure, the argument can be made that smart players will simply whittle it down quickly with artillery or rush it with significant force, but it doesn't change the fact the medics, once placed, takes far more effort to remove. This advantage of resilience is somewhat lost when placed at base, as most 1v1 matches tend to be, but I believe that is a player's choice and not the fault of the balance itself.

I'll return to the original point now and just summarily go over the other medic options that were conveniently not detailed in their applications in matches. Soviet healing is at a far lower cost, yes, but it is a healing factor that cannot be carried along anywhere. For 200 manpower, it's a stationary improvement. UKF medics are by far the only one with a real argument to make, as they come from essential teching and cost even less manpower (with the cost of a few popcaps) with the added bonus of being mobile. That said, the medics are a soft answer to the recent price hikes of UKF healing upgrades to squads, so if changes were made, I think it has to factor in the faction's economy first. As for the USF, the ambulance, while mobile, is extremely fragile and can be downed with little effort. The risk of having a forward ambulance destroyed is a lot more likely than a truck base.

With those points out of the way, I'd like to also add the point that I disagree with the previous posts you've made about the nature of medic availability. Medics, far as I can tell, are not essential as you make it. They can make a great deal of difference in a match over time, yes, but ultimately they are side-techs in every single case. Optional. While it's typically more costly to have no medics, reinforcing is still the main means of bringing a squad back to strength.
8 Aug 2021, 21:04 PM

I'll return to the original point now and just summarily go over the other medic options that were conveniently not detailed in their applications in matches. Soviet healing is at a far lower cost, yes, but it is a healing factor that cannot be carried along anywhere. For 200 manpower, it's a stationary improvement. UKF medics are by far the only one with a real argument to make, as they come from essential teching and cost even less manpower (with the cost of a few popcaps) with the added bonus of being mobile. That said, the medics are a soft answer to the recent price hikes of UKF healing upgrades to squads, so if changes were made, I think it has to factor in the faction's economy first. As for the USF, the ambulance, while mobile, is extremely fragile and can be downed with little effort. The risk of having a forward ambulance destroyed is a lot more likely than a truck base.

Not that i complain much about the current medic situation, but its kinda funny how UKF, a faction which had a, (free) aoe medkits on every Section you want to and b, a med bunker which only costs 50mp more than the cheap Ost medic bunker, gets a cheaper Ambulance (than USF) for absolutly no reason lol.
8 Aug 2021, 22:27 PM

Not that i complain much about the current medic situation, but its kinda funny how UKF, a faction which had a, (free) aoe medkits on every Section you want to and b, a med bunker which only costs 50mp more than the cheap Ost medic bunker, gets a cheaper Ambulance (than USF) for absolutly no reason lol.

Damn right UKF is freaking OP.

Wait.. what?
8 Aug 2021, 22:50 PM

Damn right UKF is freaking OP.

Wait.. what?

Nice straw man dude. Nothing in my comment indicates anything about the current (UKF) balance. I just stated my amusement about the latest addition of the UKF medic while the faction has 2 decent (imo better) ways of healing.

Idk why people have to stir everything up and use every chance to promote their view of things. But if you want to write some nonsense to feel better, just go ahead i guess.
9 Aug 2021, 00:19 AM

Nice straw man dude. Nothing in my comment indicates anything about the current (UKF) balance. I just stated my amusement about the latest addition of the UKF medic while the faction has 2 decent (imo better) ways of healing.

Idk why people have to stir everything up and use every chance to promote their view of things. But if you want to write some nonsense to feel better, just go ahead i guess.

IS medic kit has been kept nerfed in all aspect. Timing / cost / upgrade duration.

And because balance team has failed to balance UKF with IS, they have introduced several unit to replace IS.

raid section, assualt section, tank hunter. And because of "balance issue" they cannot upgrade medic kit.

So if it wasn't medic, UKF needs to build sapper + forward assemblt + 60muni upgrade to have medic.

And even with the medic they are the worst faction in all mode. So unless balance team is planning to (which I doubt) fix current balance issue of UKF, whining about medic in UKF won't do any good. Is this longer version of explanation helps?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 20
Germany 400

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment