Login

russian armor

Just back and blobbing is meta level 16 above

19 Jul 2021, 13:58 PM

Where is the balance in 1 v 1? Good thing we have COH3.
19 Jul 2021, 20:03 PM

Where is the balance in 1 v 1? Good thing we have COH3.

What faction are you playing as?
20 Jul 2021, 04:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2021, 20:03 PMSpoof

What faction are you playing as?

I don't think it matters now sire.

Whenever I play OKW, I see US 3 rifleman blob or Soviet's 3 Penals blob or Infantry Section 3 blob.

Whenever I play USF, I see 3-4 Volks blob.

They melt MG like a rear echelon, pioneer. LOL

Maybe it's just it for level 16 above rank.
20 Jul 2021, 09:39 AM

shoulda played the best-mg-in-game faction bro....
20 Jul 2021, 18:05 PM

Whenever I play OKW, I see US 3 rifleman blob or Soviet's 3 Penals blob or Infantry Section 3 blob.

Yeah, the combined Commander Patch and Winter Patch have killed all the fun out of 1v1s. Just play Wehr, it's the only faction that plays normally right now.
20 Jul 2021, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 18:05 PMSpoof

Yeah, the combined Commander Patch and Winter Patch have killed all the fun out of 1v1s. Just play Wehr, it's the only faction that plays normally right now.

what significant changes has happened that affected blobs or made blobbing easier?

Ive recently played a few games and have countered blobs quite easily
20 Jul 2021, 21:53 PM

Since you are in balance forum - I assume you are losing to your enemy blobbing his infantry? In that case, when playing as OKW what are you doing to counter it? Blobbing back? or sensible option like spreading out and capping, place mines and play hit and run style?

If your enemy is blobbing, they can't be everywhere at once. Saying otherwise rules out blobbing.
21 Jul 2021, 02:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 21:28 PMAlphrum

what significant changes has happened that affected blobs or made blobbing easier?

Ive recently played a few games and have countered blobs quite easily

Sov T1 buff and the Vickers K rework + raid sections. As an OKW main it's just not fun because there's not many good options to counter blobs late game (unlike Wehr which still has the Brummy and Pwerfer).

I should mention I haven't played a serious 1v1 since the Winter update dropped so I may be out of the loop.
21 Jul 2021, 02:41 AM

play hit and run style?

It's not quite that easy. OKW loses if they don't have momentum because their starting infantry gets worse comparatively to their opponents as time passes. The best advice is probably to push aggressively at the 6-8 minute powerspike when Volks unlock StGs, your HQ unlocks MG34s, and your light vehicles start to come out.
21 Jul 2021, 03:23 AM

Hasnt blobbing been meta since WFA? To me felt like ever since USA and OKW got added blobs become the norm
21 Jul 2021, 05:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 02:35 AMSpoof

Sov T1 buff and the Vickers K rework + raid sections. As an OKW main it's just not fun because there's not many good options to counter blobs late game (unlike Wehr which still has the Brummy and Pwerfer).

I should mention I haven't played a serious 1v1 since the Winter update dropped so I may be out of the loop.

Dude, you main as OKW.

OKW had the most powerful ctrl+1 A-move blob in the game.
Blob up 4 G43 Fusilier and two Rakentenwerfer behind, literally you can play it with one hand.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 02:41 AMSpoof

OKW loses if they don't have momentum because their starting infantry gets worse comparatively to their opponents as time passes.

WTF?
Ober? Fusiliers? Jagar Light? Sturmpio that literally a PG?

21 Jul 2021, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 05:54 AMPorygon

Dude, you main as OKW.

OKW had the most powerful ctrl+1 A-move blob in the game.
Blob up 4 G43 Fusilier and two Rakentenwerfer behind, literally you can play it with one hand.

Ah yes, getting 4 G43 Fusiliers and 2 Raks in a 1v1. It would be nice to be able to but if your opponent has half a brain he'll shut you down instantly.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 05:54 AMPorygon

WTF?
Ober? Fusiliers? Jagar Light? Sturmpio that literally a PG?

Except Obers come at 10+ minutes and Sturms (who are much worse than PGs) fall off hard literally minutes after the game begins. Fusiliers have the trade off of being weaker yet more expensive from the start which is not ideal in 1v1s. Jaegers I must admit are pretty flawless.
22 Jul 2021, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 02:41 AMSpoof

It's not quite that easy. OKW loses if they don't have momentum because their starting infantry gets worse comparatively to their opponents as time passes. The best advice is probably to push aggressively at the 6-8 minute powerspike when Volks unlock StGs, your HQ unlocks MG34s, and your light vehicles start to come out.

You cherry picked only part of what I said. I said;
1. Spread out and cap
2. Plant mines
3. Play hit and run, meaning only fight battles you can win or just chip away at his health and run.

If this is too hard, then the problem is with how you are playing.
22 Jul 2021, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 19:22 PMSpoof

Except Obers come at 10+ minutes and Sturms (who are much worse than PGs) fall off hard literally minutes after the game begins. Fusiliers have the trade off of being weaker yet more expensive from the start which is not ideal in 1v1s. Jaegers I must admit are pretty flawless.

Sturmpioneers are one of the best units in the game. If you aren't getting vet 3-4-5 for them as the game progresses then again, you are playing the game poorly. Sturmpioneers, are excellent at hiding behind shot blockers and cover and launching a surprise attack against at close range against unsuspecting enemy.
22 Jul 2021, 22:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 19:22 PMSpoof

Ah yes, getting 4 G43 Fusiliers and 2 Raks in a 1v1. It would be nice to be able to but if your opponent has half a brain he'll shut you down instantly.

Just go 2 volks/2 PF, got your early game performance plus snare for clown car. As a T1 player, PF is the hardest to counter due to G43 and their wipe potential when retreating. Shit is really annoying. Also its probably better to go battle groupe and rush a Flak track. T1 gets countered hard when used with G43 due to increased sight.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★