Login

russian armor

Black Prince Poll

PAGES (13)down
22 Jul 2021, 09:25 AM

Not in Italy.

Neither was the BP in Italy. What is your point?

22 Jul 2021, 10:46 AM

Neither was the BP in Italy. What is your point?

Ik ik ... BP is a Tank of the Brits which were in Italy while the other stuff is from Russians which were not in Italy. But why would it be ok to be able to order a prototype tank from more than 4000 km far way because "Alt-History" but not ok to request a paradrop crate from Soviet planes that contains Soviet Weapons?

After all it would "add fun and variety" ... and the average player wouldn't be able to tell that it are soviet weapons anyways ; )

If they wanted to add a DLC where there's a soviet front in Italy, all the more power to them. It's no more alt history than all the other existing alt history (okay maybe a bit but regardless). I would expect them to accurately model and reasonably impliment any units that get sent to it.

For now, it's pretty clear they only have UK and US in mind.
22 Jul 2021, 12:00 PM

If they wanted to add a DLC where there's a soviet front in Italy, all the more power to them.

If this is how things would turn out then I honestly would consider not buying this game (at least not at full price) simply because I would feel scammed.

They asked the community what they want. The answer was Italy so they promised us Italy while claiming that they want to be historical accurate

If we get Russians and late-war super Heavies then it will be CoH2 all over again

22 Jul 2021, 12:12 PM

If this is how things would turn out then I honestly would consider not buying this game (at least not at full price) simply because I would feel scammed.

They asked the community what they want. The answer was Italy so they promised us Italy while claiming that they want to be historical accurate

If we get Russians and late-war super Heavies then it will be CoH2 all over again

Also keep in mind that so far there is no Italy faction confirmed which is (iirc) partially because "they had no good tanks" ...

I personally did not vote for Italy, as I do not want to buy the same factions for the third time. And many of my friends did not vote either. So this quote is just a handy cover for the failure of CoH2's single player campaign. Giving up on the Eastern Front is stupid. It's like giving up a huge, delicious piece of cake. The Eastern Front still has a ton of unused units and unreleased stories.
22 Jul 2021, 12:20 PM

I personally did not vote for Italy, as I do not want to buy the same factions for the third time. And many of my friends did not vote either. So this quote is just a handy cover for the failure of CoH2's single player campaign. Giving up on the Eastern Front is stupid. It's like giving up a huge, delicious piece of cake. The Eastern Front still has a ton of unused units and unreleased stories.

Well ... maybe we will indeed get eastern Front DLC but if we were to get one where it is 101% fantasy with Russians fighting in Italy with Prototype tanks in the Singleplayer then that would be a huge letdown.

I just hope that, if we get Eastern Front DLC that it will either be set in 1943 to very early 1944, so that it could work with the Italy Wehrmacht, or that they make two extra factions, one late (or very early) war Sov. and one late (or again very early) Axis, that would be seperated from the rest. Because if they would only implement a Sov. faction set in 1944/45 then that would guarantee that over time more and more late war stuff would be added and then, we would have CoH2 all over again

I myself would like a -decent- eastern front DLC but would still prefer getting an Asia expansion first.
Pip
22 Jul 2021, 12:34 PM

Not in Italy.

So what? It would take just one human decision to ship all of these things to
Italy from the USSR.
22 Jul 2021, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2021, 12:34 PMPip

So what? It would take just one human decision to ship all of these things to
Italy from the USSR.

There's no Russian army in the game at the moment

Maybe there will be. Would be amusing. Include new things for multiplatyer and let us have a new mini campaign, seems like ideal DLC content to me.
Pip
22 Jul 2021, 12:39 PM

There's no Russian army in the game at the moment

Maybe there will be. Would be amusing. Include new things for multiplatyer and let us have a new mini campaign, seems like ideal DLC content to me.

Russian army? Nah, just let the UKF have all of that Russian gear. Just one decision would have let them do it.
22 Jul 2021, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2021, 12:39 PMPip

Russian army? Nah, just let the UKF have all of that Russian gear. Just one decision would have let them do it.

Not a decision by the british, which is who you are playing as, and making the decisions for.
22 Jul 2021, 13:55 PM

Not a decision by the british, which is who you are playing as, and making the decisions for.

Maybe if Churchill asked Stalin nicely he would have given equipment to the UK. It could have happened the hardware was available and only needed to be shipped.
22 Jul 2021, 15:55 PM

From what it seems the Panther is going to be doctrinal since there were low numbers of it in Italy. (And I love that decision.)

Meanwhile that thing is facing tanks that was never deployed just because. (Utter bullshit.)

This game is seriously wasting potential to depict the frontline in Italy in a meaningful manner.
Pip
22 Jul 2021, 18:51 PM

Says who? The British could very well have bought the technical package for the T-34 and produced their own in this retarded fantasy timeline we're inventing here.

Pip
22 Jul 2021, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2021, 15:55 PMButcher
From what it seems the Panther is going to be doctrinal since there were low numbers of it in Italy. (And I love that decision.)

Meanwhile that thing is facing tanks that was never deployed just because. (Utter bullshit.)

This game is seriously wasting potential to depict the frontline in Italy in a meaningful manner.

I'm pretty happy that the Panther is a doctrinal unit, rather than a core aspect of the faction, honestly. Nondoc panthers caused a lot of problems in teamgames in CoH2, and it opens the faction up for more interestng units/design to be incorporated into their nondoctrinal arsenals.
22 Jul 2021, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2021, 18:51 PMPip

Says who? The British could very well have bought the technical package for the T-34 and produced their own in this retarded fantasy timeline we're inventing here.

Black prince is a vehicle that is in the UK Motor Pool.

The T-34 is not in the UK Motor Pool.

Pretty simply difference, boi.
Pip
22 Jul 2021, 19:17 PM

Black prince is a vehicle that is in the UK Motor Pool.

It is, in fact, not in the UK motor pool.

You cannot simply requisition unfinished prototypes for frontline use. That isnt how it works.
22 Jul 2021, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2021, 15:55 PMButcher

I sincerely hope it does not become doctrinal. Expensive sure, but doc is another restriction entirely. I can already see the meta quickly developing around one commander ugh.

BP is confirmed doctrinal from current game version for what it's worth.
22 Jul 2021, 20:15 PM

I sincerely hope it does not become doctrinal. Expensive sure, but doc is another restriction entirely. I can already see the meta quickly developing around one commander ugh.

BP is confirmed doctrinal from current game version for what it's worth.

Honestly: I can already see this causing problems.

Picked a commander that has no Nashorn or Panther? Good luck fighting BP with Panzer 4s while your tanks can get (at least until now) 2 shotted by their non-doc TDs

Try with DAK for extra fun ...
22 Jul 2021, 20:17 PM

Honestly: I can already see this causing problems.

Picked a commander that has no Nashorn or Panther? Good luck fighting BP with Panzer 4s while your tanks can get (at least until now) 2 shotted by their non-doc TDs

Try with DAK for extra fun ...

:faint::S:S:S

Well, hope they balance that out. This isn't Blitzkrieg. The 4 shot medium profile is proven to work fine.
22 Jul 2021, 20:22 PM

:faint::S:S:S

Well, hope they balance that out. This isn't Blitzkrieg. The 4 shot medium profile is proven to work fine.

I hope so too (I also hope that they replace BP with something that fits the setting) but considering that we also got snipers AND non-onehit-killable Rocket arty so far ...

but then again: Still more than one year left
24 Jul 2021, 09:22 AM

Honestly, I don't mind. There is very little I can say other than maybe it fits with the series. I mean, you have factions dedicated to the WunderWaffe or the most obscure collection of vehicles within the German military, the Pershing fighting alongside infantry in Normandy, and the Pre-Alpha having you go tank hunting a general who just so happens to be driving around in a Tiger.

I could go on about the historical accuracy of the franchise, but I don't see the point in that when the previous two titles are video game versions of Saving Private Ryan and Enemy at the Gates. The developers sure have a few snippets of history here and there, but it seems to be gameplay over accuracy.

Perhaps it might be someone who just saw the tank somewhere and somehow managed to sneak it onto the list of new units and vehicles they intend to add into the third installment? Maybe they thought it looked enough like a World War Two tank? Who knows?

Fortunately, it is a Pre-Alpha and like all Pre-Alphas, it could be switched out and dumped into their cut content bin. Now given that the preview is mainly on the campaign, it could be exclusive to just be campaign stuff.

The one I really want to touch on is the detachments, but that is for another place.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS