Login

russian armor

The state of Sturmtiger

PAGES (17)down
4 Aug 2021, 20:06 PM

He is a good player, but I've just played with a pos 4 soviet player that blobbed 4 penals and 2 T3485s and lost all of them to one bombing run xD then quit. It's chaotic the skill difference in some factions

Was he called Artem_89? Sounds suspiciously familiar. 25 range ST would vaporise him if the game ever got that far. B-)
4 Aug 2021, 20:15 PM

Was he called Artem_89? Sounds suspiciously familiar. 25 range ST would vaporise him if the game ever got that far. B-)

Yeah xD
Man I saw the rank 4 and I was like O.O!?!!?!? Literally pinged the sh** out of the map to cover the positions and he/she would just blob penals into an MG arc or the best one. Frag bombs deleting 4 or 5 penals, one T34 85 and losing the other one to a Tiger and just leaving. I've seen beautiful plays from rank 300 people and shit ones game after game from top 10s in each faction. But to blob like that a high MP squad is just next level. So yeah, I might now have any respect for Sander the way he insults and screeches if he's losing (and getting cocky and also insulting you if he's winning against you), he is not a bad player, not at all. Still, doesn't mean he's any good in the balance department.
4 Aug 2021, 20:21 PM

Ahh yes top 10 rank in 3v3 SOV among other things = garbo.

Guess I should quit the OKW 3v3 ladder then, I still get lectured basic OKW concepts lectured to me every now and then lol.

Team games are a terrible gage of skill. Your often facing play-once-a-year noobs and you can also get carried by better players pretty easily.

I really wish team game heroes would stop acting like their opinion in this game matters.
4 Aug 2021, 20:24 PM

Yeah xD
Man I saw the rank 4 and I was like O.O!?!!?!? Literally pinged the sh** out of the map to cover the positions and he/she would just blob penals into an MG arc or the best one. Frag bombs deleting 4 or 5 penals, one T34 85 and losing the other one to a Tiger and just leaving. I've seen beautiful plays from rank 300 people and shit ones game after game from top 10s in each faction. But to blob like that a high MP squad is just next level. So yeah, I might now have any respect for Sander the way he insults and screeches if he's losing (and getting cocky and also insulting you if he's winning against you), he is not a bad player, not at all. Still, doesn't mean he's any good in the balance department.

Last post before we get deleted for Off-Topic: Artem_89's a one trick pony imho. Double clown car vs OKW and I've seen him use 5 in total after they keep getting destroyed. PTRS and Guards to crush LVs countering the clown cars. Then goes to T-34/85s to exploit the advantage of wiped squads. Has achieved the rank mainly through cheese. Definitely would be a prime target for a ST and your presumably competent OST opponents.
5 Aug 2021, 07:54 AM

Yet those counters cant prevent inf squads at guns etc from getting one shotted from the fow. Just because there are counters doesnt make the st fine. There have been many abilities nerfed/removed despite their being counters in the past.

Ram is a recent example and still op cuz it excist according to some, mines being locked at 2 models per squad to prevent full squad wipes with little to no effort (wich is what the ST and avre are) from long ago. And obviously the demo nerf wich needs no explenation.

Yesterday I charged with ST towards 2 USF AT guns and TD in 2v2, wiped one of AT guns and retreated. That match SOV guy went with Urban Doctrine and didn't even bothered recrewing his 2 45mm AT guns after they got one shotted, lmao. Enemy team was pretty civil, but they still were a bit salty in the chat about ST performance. And of course my OKW teammate mentioned AVRE xD

And the other day ST allowed me to go toe to toe with ~100 rank USF. This unit is stupid and need emergency patch. No idea what balance team is waiting for. Won't be surprised if they think that the unit is fine :/
5 Aug 2021, 16:57 PM

Team games are a terrible gage of skill. Your often facing play-once-a-year noobs and you can also get carried by better players pretty easily.

I really wish team game heroes would stop acting like their opinion in this game matters.

So if we dont matter then they dont mind we 22 33 44 all quit so u 11 can play the game alone?
5 Aug 2021, 19:44 PM

And of course my OKW teammate mentioned AVRE xD

And this is the problem with like half the playerbase. Anytime someone says something is OP, a bunch of people come whining about the closest thing on the opposing side they can think of

One of my teammates complained about ST in chat yesterday. The guy who was using it said "just get AVRE". Our team had 2 soviet players and 1 USF. Critical thinking skills 10/10

Like maybe the AVRE is dumb too? I wouldn't know, since I literally never see it or use it
5 Aug 2021, 20:16 PM

And this is the problem with like half the playerbase. Anytime someone says something is OP, a bunch of people come whining about the closest thing on the opposing side they can think of

One of my teammates complained about ST in chat yesterday. The guy who was using it said "just get AVRE". Our team had 2 soviet players and 1 USF. Critical thinking skills 10/10

Like maybe the AVRE is dumb too? I wouldn't know, since I literally never see it or use it

How would anybody know, if he has 10:1 ratio of games of his fav side vs the other side, when he thinks that anything that has the opposite side is automatically better then what your side has :/ Just take a look at he "Pathfinder" thread and see that there are people that seriously think JLI < Pathfinders. I guess that is just a "special minority", but it is kind of annoying.
5 Aug 2021, 21:18 PM

How would anybody know, if he has 10:1 ratio of games of his fav side vs the other side, when he thinks that anything that has the opposite side is automatically better then what your side has :/ Just take a look at he "Pathfinder" thread and see that there are people that seriously think JLI < Pathfinders. I guess that is just a "special minority", but it is kind of annoying.

if only they realized that the AVRE has a shooting radius of 35, so Pfusiliers and a lot of other infantry can always see it before it fires. They disrespect the AVRE and then lose a squad (or two) anyway

unrelated, but JLI is such a cancer squad because it simply deletes models for whatever reason
6 Aug 2021, 04:21 AM

Every teamgame now is 1-2 Sturmtiger. Meanwhile B-4 is less popular than first two week.
Well done,
6 Aug 2021, 07:54 AM

The Stuka zu Fuss is much the same, the criticism for the Sturmtiger's wipe potential applies to the Stuka even more.

It should have been the Axis Katyusha from the start, its barrage being launched in waves, targeted with a circle. Similar to the way its current Incendiary Barrage is being launched, not the current apocalyptic shower of rockets in a perfect line.
6 Aug 2021, 08:11 AM

You can see it in 3v3 clearly too:
Month with current patch (Commander Update) https://coh2stats.com/stats?range=month&statsSource=all&type=3v3&race=wgerman&timeStamp=1625097600
Month with previous patch (Winter Balance) https://coh2stats.com/stats?range=month&statsSource=all&type=3v3&race=wgerman&timeStamp=1619827200

Elite Armored Doctrine went from number 3# commander to 1#.

And you can see it in the winrate too. Previously teams with OKW had winrate 53%, 55%, 50% now it's 57%, 58%, 57% respectively.
6 Aug 2021, 09:17 AM

i miss replays in these threads and the outlining of concrete cases of the issues
6 Aug 2021, 09:34 AM

Sniper rifle can insta-kill model with less than 75%(60) health.

Fun fact: Sniper rifle has higher than 100% accuracy at long range for some reason(IIRC 120 somerhing) and has 0.9 modifier over cover(compare to normal 0.5 modifier), so any shot fired from sniper rifle at long range is guaranteed to hit.

So yes... There is the reason. I honestly think JLI avoided rework simply because OKW is a bit underperforming(and WM overperforming so nobody would choose OKW un tournament) in 1v1 ATM.

It's not 100%, but 1.15 (1.61 with vet). AFAIK it multiplies by target's RA and after it you get chance of hit.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2021, 08:11 AMpagep
You can see it in 3v3 clearly too:
Month with current patch (Commander Update) https://coh2stats.com/stats?range=month&statsSource=all&type=3v3&race=wgerman&timeStamp=1625097600
Month with previous patch (Winter Balance) https://coh2stats.com/stats?range=month&statsSource=all&type=3v3&race=wgerman&timeStamp=1619827200

Elite Armored Doctrine went from number 3# commander to 1#.

And you can see it in the winrate too. Previously teams with OKW had winrate 53%, 55%, 50% now it's 57%, 58%, 57% respectively.

exactly. The unit became META after the patch and it is disturbing considering its way of dealing damage.
6 Aug 2021, 11:11 AM

It's not 100%, but 1.15 (1.61 with vet). AFAIK it multiplies by target's RA and after it you get chance of hit.

So lets say a unit has RA of .7 and vetted JLI shoot at it has 112% accuracy? That is crazy, even behind cover it would be 101%.

My biggest issue with Sturm is the moving while reloading, it allows player to be fairly aggressive with unit due to loss of drawbacks it once had. I haven't really played team games in a while due to toxic players but in 1v1 it does seem fairly easy to deal with once you know it is built.

Maybe give it heavy tank pricing so it is a lot harder to replace and field with other costly units.
6 Aug 2021, 13:41 PM

So lets say a unit has RA of .7 and vetted JLI shoot at it has 112% accuracy? That is crazy, even behind cover it would be 101%.

My biggest issue with Sturm is the moving while reloading, it allows player to be fairly aggressive with unit due to loss of drawbacks it once had. I haven't really played team games in a while due to toxic players but in 1v1 it does seem fairly easy to deal with once you know it is built.

Maybe give it heavy tank pricing so it is a lot harder to replace and field with other costly units.

All I'm saying that accuracy is not the same as chance to hit. And JLIs need vet 3 to get their accuracy boost.

ST is capable even in 1v1. There are several replays with very effective ST use, one of them is from Semifinal, where ST basically won the game for Kimbo.
6 Aug 2021, 15:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think a unit with that wipe capability should not be able to shoot from outside of the standard sight range.

What could also be done is to alter the survivability. At vet, the ST becomes one of the most durable units in the game, similar to the Churchill. With the big difference that all your ATGs are probably running if you see the ST approaching and that you barely can close in with infantry for a snare. Maybe removing the veterancy armor would go a long way to make ATGs more reliable at least on the first 1-2 shots that they can do before retreating, which could at least allow for a snare.

Third option: Damage decrease to 400 and buffing the AoE accordingly to stay the same against infantry. This will allow mediums and other 640 HP vehicles to be more aggressive towards the ST. Currently they have to fear being hit by the rocket and finished off by a snare or ATG. 400 damage would allow to take the rocket AND an additional ATG shot. This would also make it more unattractive for the ST to fire at vehicles and reinforce the role as an AI unit.
6 Aug 2021, 17:54 PM

i miss replays in these threads and the outlining of concrete cases of the issues

Literally the post directly above yours shows stats on commander choices. Elite armor became the #1 commander right after they buffed ST

The last thread also had replays

But tbh it's not that complicated. They made the rocket more reliable, and at the same time they completely removed a MASSIVE limitation that kept people from using it

The abandon mechanic it had needed to go, but they didn't replace it with anything. It's just too easy to use now, it's an incredibly low skill unit
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS