Login

russian armor

Will this game still receive support until COH3's release?

15 Jul 2021, 07:06 AM

Pretty much title. I understand CoH3 will probably make CoH2 obsolete, but I would hate to have the game's legacy tarnished by boring/broken Ostruppen spam and unrevised OKW and UKF issues.

Does the balance team still intend to make patches?
15 Jul 2021, 08:31 AM

That's a big question. I see many issues with coh3 at the moment, so I don't think I will switch at release either. I think there's some finetuning this game needs still
15 Jul 2021, 10:14 AM

The trailer wasnt good but like a lot of games, epsecially COH2 it will probably need a year AFTER release to be any good. Lets hope it doesn't get DoW 3'd before then.
15 Jul 2021, 10:35 AM

The trailer wasnt good but like a lot of games, epsecially COH2 it will probably need a year AFTER release to be any good. Lets hope it doesn't get DoW 3'd before then.

Contrary to DoW3 and what butthurt ignorants who don't know what pre-alpha means preach, CoH3 holds CoH spirit pretty well and there is a lot of improvement. So far I haven't encountered a single thing that I would hate/want to be changed that couldn't be blamed on pre-alpha rough state itself.
15 Jul 2021, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2021, 10:35 AMKatitof

Contrary to DoW3 and what butthurt ignorants who don't know what pre-alpha means preach, CoH3 holds CoH spirit pretty well and there is a lot of improvement. So far I haven't encountered a single thing that I would hate/want to be changed that couldn't be blamed on pre-alpha rough state itself.

15 Jul 2021, 12:54 PM

COH3's 2022 date seems...optimistic to me and that's a while off anyway so there's certainly time for more changes.

Assuming Relic doesn't end support for some reason - then I think once the novelty and hype of the pre-alpha wears off then it'll be back to business as usual. Feel free to correct me balance team members. This thread would really would like to hear from you.
15 Jul 2021, 13:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would hope that at least one more patch rolls out to maybe fix some issues that will surface with the current commander changes. But in the end, only Relic will decide.
Apparently there is some work going on on the mod tools, but there was no message about that yet.
19 Jul 2021, 08:16 AM

I would hope that at least one more patch rolls out to maybe fix some issues that will surface with the current commander changes. But in the end, only Relic will decide.
Apparently there is some work going on on the mod tools, but there was no message about that yet.

If both previous games just receive full mod support and an upgrade for CoH to 64bit with mod workshop instead of just maps I'll be happy at least.

The community has fixed most of the game's issues anyway in terms of bugs and even improving the AI in the Back to Basics mod.

Not sure about CoH2 but I'm guessing it will be the same there if Relic just enabled the functionality.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★