Login

russian armor

Fans have been playing Company of Heroes 3 for years

13 Jul 2021, 23:22 PM
Senior Editor Badge

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/fans-have-been-playing-company-of-heroes-3-for-years/

.org guys anyone? :D

"We've had a 70-player council for three years now," executive producer David Littman tells me.

"And they've been playing the game for three years." He recalls that, during the very earliest days of the game, players were brought in almost straight away. During the first couple of days it was just Littman, then some team members joined him, and then ten of the top players from around the world—modders, map makers, competitive players—were invited to sit down with Relic. The studio used them to help come up with the foundations of what would become Company of Heroes 3, right down to the setting.
14 Jul 2021, 06:17 AM

Considering we basically got COH1 remastered I already know who it was that "sat down with Relic" lmao
14 Jul 2021, 06:37 AM

Considering we basically got COH1 remastered I already know who it was that "sat down with Relic" lmao

Who ? :)
14 Jul 2021, 06:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2021, 23:22 PMnigo
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/fans-have-been-playing-company-of-heroes-3-for-years/

"We've had a 70-player council for three years now," executive producer David Littman tells me.

"And they've been playing the game for three years." He recalls that, during the very earliest days of the game, players were brought in almost straight away. During the first couple of days it was just Littman, then some team members joined him, and then ten of the top players from around the world—modders, map makers, competitive players—were invited to sit down with Relic. The studio used them to help come up with the foundations of what would become Company of Heroes 3, right down to the setting.

Hi! I'm one of these guys.
14 Jul 2021, 09:45 AM

How is it CoH1 remastered? Love it when people spew this vague nonsense just because it sounds somewhat plausible to someone who hasn't bothered to actually check out the game himself.
14 Jul 2021, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 09:45 AMGiaA

How is it CoH1 remastered? Love it when people spew this vague nonsense just because it sounds somewhat plausible to someone who hasn't bothered to actually check out the game himself.

I don't know, the art style looks very much like COH1. The way flags are designed. Vehicles. Units. Territories etc.
14 Jul 2021, 10:17 AM

curious myself
i hope both CoH1/CoH2 player bases are well represented
though it does look similar to CoH1 from the art style point. i personally hope it'll be the same for gameplay.
14 Jul 2021, 10:19 AM

could the contrasty look down to incomplete hdr implementation? personally i am happy with the looks.
14 Jul 2021, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 09:45 AMGiaA

Have you played Coh1? It's plays Very much like it, far closer to. Coh1 than coh2
14 Jul 2021, 10:26 AM

CoH always looked and felt a bit better than CoH2 in how it played, at least to me that is.

There's something about that art style and more gritty feeling from the 2000s that really did it.

I mean the game still has around 2000 people playing it daily and it's like, 15 years old now. Not a lot of games can boast with that at that age which I think is proof in itself.

Of course many people are playing mods as well out of those 2k so again, modding and the community behind it are big parts of CoH.
14 Jul 2021, 10:30 AM

CoH always looked and felt a bit better than CoH2 in how it played, at least to me that is.

There's something about that art style and more gritty feeling from the 2000s that really did it.

I mean the game still has around 2000 people playing it daily and it's like, 15 years old now. Not a lot of games can boast with that at that age which I think is proof in itself.

Of course many people are playing mods as well out of those 2k so again, modding and the community behind it are big parts of CoH.

Because its 15 years old and still wipes its ass with Dota, LoL, Starcraft. It bugs me like hell that these games with Robot animations and child birthday effects are so much more popular than coh
14 Jul 2021, 10:36 AM

:wave:
14 Jul 2021, 10:37 AM

coh1 also looked better than coh2 for its time for me.

i think that's because there were more animations, more gritty artwork, better explosions and audio in coh1
14 Jul 2021, 11:46 AM

I don't know, the art style looks very much like COH1. The way flags are designed. Vehicles. Units. Territories etc.

Oh my god, you are saying the COD 1 looks a lot like COD 2, 3, etc., or Halo 1 looks a lot like Halo 2 and 3? Bioshock 1 and 2, Geras of War 1 to 5................................. i could go on.
Shocker
14 Jul 2021, 12:36 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Surprise, i am one of those :)
14 Jul 2021, 14:44 PM

So that's a lesson they took after DoW3 fiasco then, where they haven't told anyone at all.
14 Jul 2021, 15:16 PM

oh god, I can see it happening all over again, some "top" players heavily influencing balance like it happened with coh2...
Remember when Dane and Hans pretty much got everything they wanted out of relic?
And I was just really excited for all of this, but now I'm gonna be extra cautious.
14 Jul 2021, 15:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 15:16 PMzerocoh
oh god, I can see it happening all over again, some "top" players heavily influencing balance like it happened with coh2...

Yea that didn't happen. The first years of COH2 Relic didn't like what the top players had to say so we were pretty much ignored and silenced. That's why 90% of top players from COH1 did not move to COH2 for very long, the downgrade in mechanics and initial pay2win strategy was too much.

Relic didn't actually start listening until years after release when they realized they had F'd up. Even then the cycling of "experts" in their group was alarming. They'd bring in a new group for "private balancing" and if they didn't agree with the devs eventually they'd be phased out and a new group of "experts" brought in. Span this over years and hundreds of players. Most top players ran out of fucks to give for COH2 after enough of that.

Lets hope lessons were learned on both sides.
Pip
14 Jul 2021, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 15:16 PMzerocoh
Remember when Dane and Hans pretty much got everything they wanted out of relic?
And I was just really excited for all of this, but now I'm gonna be extra cautious.

Uh, Dane isnt exactly a "top player" anyway.

The actual "top players", i.e those that win tournaments, are indeed the people who should be listened to. They actually understand the game, and as Bud says: Lelic mis-stepped by NOT listening to good players for the longest time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★