Login

russian armor

CoH3 Reveal - Possible stuff

13 Jul 2021, 19:13 PM
Donator 33

That was a lot of good stuff.

I still remember, though. How many good things Relic said during the final stages of development of CoH2, how little of that they lived up to and how they mistreated the community and sold mis-balanced "flavour of the week" commanders that everyone had to deal with if they didn't buy them.

But so far, it looks super good :-)
2 Aug 2021, 12:06 PM

fully support modding should be a thing from the beginning.

Absolutely 100 percent agree.
2 Aug 2021, 12:21 PM

lame..really wanted a modern coh3 ww3 or something cool ww2 gets boring after a while

You should try Call to Arms. It's set in the modern day "War on Terror" era with the US, Germany and basically the United Arab Emirates versus Russia, basically ISIS, and a balkan insurgent faction.

It's an entry into the Men of War series, so it's built on the Gem engine (with all the baggage that entails) and its playercount is a little low, but it's a fun game with modern equipment and an ok coop mode if you can get some friends to play with.
Pip
2 Aug 2021, 14:57 PM

I'm personally VERY glad that CoH3 is still set during WWII. I was dreading it potentially being set in the modern day.
2 Aug 2021, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2021, 14:57 PMPip
I'm personally VERY glad that CoH3 is still set during WWII. I was dreading it potentially being set in the modern day.

Agree - the "company of heroes" theme, inspired by Band of Brothers and being all about WWII, just doesn't suit post-WWII conflicts and I'm glad Relic knows keeping the theme for CoH titles is important.

Equally nice is the fact that - at least with factions so far - there's no more CoH2 silliness of Eastern Front armies fighting on Western Front maps and vice-versa in multiplayer.

If the eventual commander design also goes back to the superior CoH1 system of unique commanders with unique abilities - instead of CoH2's almost randomly generated and repeating ability sets that make commanders bland, boring and without distinctive playstyles - that would be the icing on the cake.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★