Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
1 Dec 2013, 22:33 PM

There's a modifier for accuracy against moving but not damage. That wouldn't be possible.
1 Dec 2013, 22:38 PM

There's a modifier for accuracy against moving but not damage. That wouldn't be possible.

What he means by damage is elite armour on retreat from sniper fire, so a sniper would take 2 shots and that one .5 hp that normally remains.
1 Dec 2013, 23:15 PM

Right, but there's no way to have that at 100% while standing still but 50% while moving.

100% while standing/moving and 50% on Retreat would be possible, but that didn't sound like what we meant. I do support trying that option though.
2 Dec 2013, 01:21 AM

What would be a good idea to modify the 50/50 coin toss? Honestly, I don't think it rewards good positioning, and it promotes getting a second sniper to improve odds.
2 Dec 2013, 01:57 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Please keep the OP updated with change logs. Lots of people would like to keep up with changes but cant be bothered to go hunting for them somewhere in the thread.
2 Dec 2013, 08:47 AM

Permanently Banned
What would be a good idea to modify the 50/50 coin toss? Honestly, I don't think it rewards good positioning, and it promotes getting a second sniper to improve odds.

+1

Its already hard to countersnipe due to the ultra-fast recloack time, moreover the sniper would make a push-up before firing if his not in cover (now its not the case anymore, thanks to Kolaris).
Whats more frustrating, when you don't reveal your sniper for several minutes to hunt the other sniper only to get trolled by a miss.

2 Dec 2013, 08:52 AM

Permanently Banned

Oh, that sucks :(

Anyway, is it possible to give Heroic critical type when getting shot by a sniper? That would mean a sniper would die in 2 shots regardless if his standing still or moving/retreat. Heroic is like elite meaning that sniper never miss, but wait, that doesn't matter, there's a modifier for accuracy.
2 Dec 2013, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2013, 08:52 AMFritzX

Oh, that sucks :(

Anyway, is it possible to give Heroic critical type when getting shot by a sniper? That would mean a sniper would die in 2 shots regardless if his standing still or moving/retreat. Heroic is like elite meaning that sniper never miss, but wait, that doesn't matter, there's a modifier for accuracy.

That wouldn't work I think, because even if they COULD switch armors on the fly like that, giving a sniper heroic armor is only going to make it stronger all around, not more balanced. Its the equivalent of having twice the HP for countersnipe purposes.
2 Dec 2013, 14:28 PM

That wouldn't work I think, because even if they COULD switch armors on the fly like that, giving a sniper heroic armor is only going to make it stronger all around, not more balanced. Its the equivalent of having twice the HP for countersnipe purposes.

He Meant that the elite armour would only work in retreat.
2 Dec 2013, 15:57 PM

He Meant that the Heroic criticals would only work in retreat vs Enemy Snipers only.

Fixed.
Heroic Armor and Elite Armor is 2 different "Armor" types, plus there is Heroic and Infantry "Critical" types at default.

The best solution is to have 100% accuracy at every stage with 1 shot required to kill, with the exception being on Retreat. This can be coded. (Also Recon Run need to be adjusted to it and the WM Sniper would need some cheap healing mechanic to compensate the health loss during retreat).

2 Dec 2013, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2013, 15:57 PMKiraye

Fixed.
Heroic Armor and Elite Armor is 2 different "Armor" types, plus there is Heroic and Infantry "Critical" types at default.

The best solution is to have 100% accuracy at every stage with 1 shot required to kill, with the exception being on Retreat. This can be coded. (Also Recon Run need to be adjusted to it and the WM Sniper would need some cheap healing mechanic to compensate the health loss during retreat).

I think the WM sniper medic kit is good enough, for that, also thanks I keep confusing heroic with elite :P.
Also what do you think of Inspired Assault, I personally like it's use, exept it does pretty much do the exact same thing as zeal, exept a bit better and more dangerously.
2 Dec 2013, 17:40 PM

He Meant that the elite armour would only work in retreat.

My bad. I thought he meant while moving to dodge the shot. But I still think heroic armor would be too much.

I think the idea of increasing reload/cooldown is a good balance to countersnipes. Giving them more upkeep(I think Tommy raised it already) is a good balance to multiple snipers.

2 Dec 2013, 18:34 PM

Dayum we are going to need different topics.

1: Snipers with Heroic critical type on retreat; So everytime I drive my kamikaze jeep into his line to get my sniper to get a CS he just retreats and takes away all his risk?

Btw does Wehrmacht sniper have a sight radius of 40? opposed to the standard 35 for infantry? This one holds a lot of hidden power in attacking moving around. And the +5 sight range could be moved to veterancy level 1/2.

2: Crocs

*Ye that quote 'Ready aim time removed, projectile speed fixed' is something I used from a long time ago Kolaris posted aswell xD slightly more damage vs bunkers is a good idea. Won't make it do more damage vs elite armor, cause that might channel it too much into a niche OR be totally OP when a Wehrmacht player only has Pak + Vet Grenadiers.

*The 50 cal, well from a realistic perspective I don't like it. Dayum that gunners must have some superskin to not get burned from the heat. :p
But in gameplay it feels pretty good, and has great synergy with flames. The 50 cal softens up the health of the infantry and the flames critically strike them.
Another note on the 50 cal. I'd really like to see it 50 munitions just as on the M8 (it's the same gun I believe so why not). Mostly tactical wise, if you have around 150/200 munitions you are going to use them on that all important arty strike or AWM. In 2v2 you see it mostly that a lot of top tier players almost never get the upgrade.

* I think they did what they had to do in the game vs 12ocky (Oh wait that's me). They cracked a heavy T2 strat really nicely. I wouldn't buff them further though cause that would make them OP and Croc rush vs Fuel deprived Wehrmacht would be slightly too easy. Since now already the only REAL thing that counters the Croc is a tank.
I'd compare the Croc role with Ostwinds, where Ostwinds are pretty good at finishing off a game when you're ahead as Wehr when facing everything except tanks.

2 Dec 2013, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2013, 18:34 PM12ocky
Dayum we are going to need different topics.

1: Snipers with Heroic critical type on retreat; So everytime I drive my kamikaze jeep into his line to get my sniper to get a CS he just retreats and takes away all his risk?

Meh it's true, you'd run into pretty significant 5% issues with small arms trying to kill Snipers. You could remove the Sniper's 75% Received Accuracy Retreat bonus though, and the Heroic Critical type be their Retreat bonus.

It's a tough situation. The problems are obvious but the solutions aren't. I think all of the following are needed in some form:

- A Nerf for Sniper Spam
- A Buff for non-Sniper Sniper Counters
- 100% Countersnipe

Btw does Wehrmacht sniper have a sight radius of 40? opposed to the standard 35 for infantry? This one holds a lot of hidden power in attacking moving around. And the +5 sight range could be moved to veterancy level 1/2.

I think it's just one of those perks for facing larger squad sizes. Who attack moves with their Sniper (except against Brits)?

*Ye that quote 'Ready aim time removed, projectile speed fixed' is something I used from a long time ago Kolaris posted aswell xD slightly more damage vs bunkers is a good idea. Won't make it do more damage vs elite armor, cause that might channel it too much into a niche OR be totally OP when a Wehrmacht player only has Pak + Vet Grenadiers.

Heavy T2 is a huge niche though, especially in team games. And I think it has to be a niche unit, because the Sherman is supposed to be the generalist, reliable option. By definition anything that competes with the Sherman would have to be a niche unit.

* I think they did what they had to do in the game vs 12ocky (Oh wait that's me). They cracked a heavy T2 strat really nicely. I wouldn't buff them further though cause that would make them OP and Croc rush vs Fuel deprived Wehrmacht would be slightly too easy. Since now already the only REAL thing that counters the Croc is a tank.
I'd compare the Croc role with Ostwinds, where Ostwinds are pretty good at finishing off a game when you're ahead as Wehr when facing everything except tanks.

I'll have to watch that again but I feel they don't crack a last-ditch T2 defense any better than a Sherman, and a Sherman isn't an all-in gamble. Neither is the Ostwind for that matter.
2 Dec 2013, 19:47 PM

Btw I think that when the m18 is ordered to move it should cancel it's cloak, really annoying having to decloak your tanks, in critical moments.
2 Dec 2013, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2013, 18:34 PM12ocky

Meh it's true, you'd run into pretty significant 5% issues with small arms trying to kill Snipers. You could remove the Sniper's 75% Received Accuracy Retreat bonus though, and the Heroic Critical type be their Retreat bonus.

An easy fix: make a new Critical type based on infantry_critical type and only edit Sniper rifles with "Heroic critical" properties, which are basically non lethal critical triggers (unlike on infantry_type which kills them even if the Sniper rifle deals less damage than health the target has.) As a result, other weapons will have the same criticals chances as default.
2 Dec 2013, 20:19 PM

It's a good fix but I don't know about easy - you'd have to add that new critical type to every single weapon .rgd wouldn't you?
2 Dec 2013, 20:36 PM

It's a good fix but I don't know about easy - you'd have to add that new critical type to every single weapon .rgd wouldn't you?

There is an other method for it: Macro's. A script which can be loaded into Corsix. I found a handy one on RelicNews: It will copy a selected critical_type (in or case it will based on infantry_type critical), rename and insert it all entries in a folder (well in this case the "weapons" folder), so you won't have to edit all rgd's one by one.
3 Dec 2013, 04:13 AM

I think Basilone spotted a standard beta bug in his stream today. Not even sure if it can changed, but apparently if you delete a barracks in the process of being built, you don't get your fuel back.

IF the devs don't fix that, would it be possible to fix for Elitemod?
3 Dec 2013, 11:11 AM

I think Basilone spotted a standard beta bug in his stream today. Not even sure if it can changed, but apparently if you delete a barracks in the process of being built, you don't get your fuel back.

IF the devs don't fix that, would it be possible to fix for Elitemod?

It is a beta bug, not a bug on the current version, they will fix it, Tommy doesn't need to mess with anything.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS