Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
28 Nov 2013, 07:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2013, 03:22 AMKolaris
Would you believe that for part of the squad movement for attack orders the squad leader gets 50% received damage for 5 seconds?

I can't help but feel this is compensation for him jumping out of cover...

Still tweaking, going for a V3.

Hmm, do you really want to change a drastic (and surprising wtf :p) modifier like that though? It can potentially change a lot of core balance in volksgrenadiers vs rifle engagements. Ain't to sure how it works either.
28 Nov 2013, 07:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Does enabling the new COH beta have any effect on the mod? My guess is "no"
28 Nov 2013, 10:51 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

That's why I love COH, it's such a deep and complex game that after so many years there are still things to discover :D Well done Kolaris, I had no idea about this.

28 Nov 2013, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2013, 03:22 AMKolaris
Would you believe that for part of the squad movement for attack orders the squad leader gets 50% received damage for 5 seconds?

I can't help but feel this is compensation for him jumping out of cover...

Still tweaking, going for a V3.

Doesn't make much sense seeing as how, you don't get any advantage from using attack move.
28 Nov 2013, 17:19 PM

What happens if the squad leader is already dead? Does the "leadership" or bonus transfer to anothe runit? Sorry about the basic question but I am only beginning to read the RGA's and LUA's....

The bonus is assigned to the "core" squad element, which probably does get replaced if the squad leader is dead.

I'm not sure how to re-incorporate the bonus into the squad behavior I'm rewriting, it doesn't make any sense when the squad leader isn't leaping out of cover and getting focus fired.
28 Nov 2013, 18:27 PM

Thanks for the reply. It is certainly worth testing, who knows what side effects it has in battles.

Less than two weeks and two bonuses nobody discovered in 6 years come up o_O
28 Nov 2013, 21:49 PM

I've been wondering about small arms crits, after checking the patch notes for the balance mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/b-mod-102 , and I think it is a good idea in terms of making coh a bit more competetive, because from what I have seen from countless replays and games, is the quite common rifle crit on pioneers, where one of the pio soldiers looses half his hp from one shot, same goes for random crits on snipers.
28 Nov 2013, 22:03 PM

I've been wondering about small arms crits, after checking the patch notes for the balance mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/b-mod-102 , and I think it is a good idea in terms of making coh a bit more competetive, because from what I have seen from countless replays and games, is the quite common rifle crit on pioneers, where one of the pio soldiers looses half his hp from one shot, same goes for random crits on snipers.

That crosses the line from making things competitive to stripping out all the interesting randomness. That is not the objective of this mod.
28 Nov 2013, 22:10 PM

Autocover Tweaks V3

Lots of adjustments to attack order AI in this one. I'm really happy with how everything is working. I hope Tommy can add this into the mod proper once he gets a chance to try it out.

The autocover distance is actually more or less irrelevant to squads jumping out of cover. If people find it's too short and squads aren't getting into cover, I could increase it back up without breaking the big fixes.

"Idle" AI (Completed Move Orders)
Before:
- When encountering an enemy, AI tells the squad to move in until all squad members are within 95% weapon range
- After reaching 95% weapon range, squad will try to find cover
After:
- When encountering an enemy, AI tells the squad to find cover
- Squad will not move if already in cover
- Squad will not move if the target is out of weapon's range

"Attack" AI (Attack or Attack Move Orders)
Before:
- AI tells the squad to move into 100% weapon range
- After reaching 100% weapon's range, squad will try to find cover
- Over the next ~30 seconds, AI tells squad to move up to 60% weapon's range
- Finds cover as it goes
After:
- AI tells the squad to move into 100% weapon range
- After reaching 100% weapon's range, squad will try to find cover
- Squad will remain at 100% weapon range
- Squad will periodically check for new cover, but won't move out of cover

I left the stupid 50% received damage because as little sense as it makes, like 12ocky mentioned it has affected engagements for the past 6 years and changing it now isn't a good idea.

This new squad AI really fits with the idea of an "ELITE" mod - it let's you better control your squads, but at the same time you need to pay closer attention to them. You have to keep track of squads that are out of their ideal range and move them in manually.

The one outstanding issue is when you give an attack order on an enemy that's in the midst of your squad, like Mp44s or Pioneers. Instead of just dropping and shooting, they'll still hop around. This one is tied to the autocover search radius so I'm not sure what I can do about it though.
28 Nov 2013, 23:28 PM

A hold fire button would be nice on the US ATgun to prevent it from shooting at inf and revealing itself.
28 Nov 2013, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2013, 22:10 PMKolaris
Autocover Tweaks V3

Lots of adjustments to attack order AI in this one. I'm really happy with how everything is working. I hope Tommy can add this into the mod proper once he gets a chance to try it out.

Nice one.

I have a question regarding this squad AI: Is it possible that the AI behaves different, if the squad is in a particular cover type?
I wanted, that the squad gets close to each other when entering a trench.
28 Nov 2013, 23:52 PM

Nice. I'll try out that tweak....
29 Nov 2013, 06:17 AM

Encountered a bug yesterday in a game vs Tommy.

I issued a sticky bomb order on a puma. But the puma pushed the rifleman squad. I lost 35 munitions and had the sticky on cooldown. But the animation never completed neither did a sticky bomb explode. (sometimes it explodes instantly, when a man gets driven over by a tank or something, but this wasn't the case)

The Riflemen were sad panda's, knowing their socks were on cooldown.
They all died an agonizing dead with 20mm puma lead being shot between their ribs.
RIP

Other than that in a couple of games we played:
* Defensive doctrine dominated Airborne doctrine as always. Strafe seemed really lackluster even vs clustered units. For The Fatherland: So broken. The ease I fought off an all in flank of Tommy, with just a few squads is PUKE, DISGUSTING. And when the fight wasn't over for the long duration it has: I just popped it again. xD
* You can feel you have a little more manpower breathing room as Americans. (Would still change a few things though)
* Units from Tommy were still jumping around (I think he was using attack order) but hopefully fixed now with the masterful Kolaris insights.
* Quad proved to be useful (even though having not received a buff yet). Would give it a small buff in accuracy increment from 1.02 to 1.04: This would make it scale a bit better vs Gren Blob in late game when you are kiting with the quad.
* Snipers still play an important role in stale games; Mortars are too light to dislodge fortified positions
* Jeep does some more dps, but it seems fine; PAK wasn't able to hit it, a bit annoying.
* All Wehr wins, but as said before, mostly vs vive la straf doctrine

http://nl.twitch.tv/thefrontlinenetwork/b/483544634
29 Nov 2013, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 06:17 AM12ocky

Other than that in a couple of games we played:
* Defensive doctrine dominated Airborne doctrine as always. Strafe seemed really lackluster even vs clustered units. For The Fatherland: So broken. The ease I fought off an all in flank of Tommy, with just a few squads is PUKE, DISGUSTING. And when the fight wasn't over for the long duration it has: I just popped it again. xD
Indeed, perhaps needs a small nerf but I'd be hesitant in doing too much to it. FTFL and bunker reinforcement are really all def doc has going for it :P
* You can feel you have a little more manpower breathing room as Americans. (Would still change a few things though)
* Units from Tommy were still jumping around (I think he was using attack order) but hopefully fixed now with the masterful Kolaris insights.
* Quad proved to be useful (even though having not received a buff yet). Would give it a small buff in accuracy increment from 1.02 to 1.04: This would make it scale a bit better vs Gren Blob in late game when you are kiting with the quad.
* Snipers still play an important role in stale games; Mortars are too light to dislodge fortified positions
Agreed, snipers felt as dominant as ever. Neither of us tried countering the other with a jeep/bike but I think that's mainly because we knew we'd just hit a mine or run into too much support. Unsure of how to proceed here because I'm not happy with the way snipers still are.
* Jeep does some more dps, but it seems fine; PAK wasn't able to hit it, a bit annoying.
Jeep seems a bit over-buffed to me. We both managed to get it to vet 1 fairly easily, mine got 11 kills lol. Might nerf the damage down to somewhere between 5-5.5 but increase the damage modifier vs snipers so it maintains 6 damage against snipers.
* All Wehr wins, but as said before, mostly vs vive la straf doctrine
Honestly we didn't really help ourselves there :P But yeah, strafe indeed seemed quite lackluster in those games, but I deleted the strafe changes I made so afaik that's just vanilla strafe sucking in certain circumstances.

http://nl.twitch.tv/thefrontlinenetwork/b/483544634
29 Nov 2013, 15:58 PM

But despite the jeep getting some kills, I didn't find the damage to be broken. I'd like to test it more first before you jump back again. But i'm pretty sure an extra rifleman instead of the jeep would have done at least what the jeep did.
How many kills does it take to get to vet 2? xD 11 kills and still vet 1.

It already has favorable damage modifiers vs Snipers, there is no need to give it a higher difference and thus put the jeep in an even more one role unit.
29 Nov 2013, 17:07 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Awesome stuff! Good to see, fantastic work. Keep it up. :)
29 Nov 2013, 21:24 PM

changelog:

- Croc now has a 50 cal upgrade for 75mu""
- Hellcat coaxial mg accuracy vs snipers fixed from 6.5 to 0.65""
- Kolaris AI tweaks (see here)
29 Nov 2013, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 21:24 PMTommy

changelog:

Amazing.

I tried the Kolaris AI tweaks in skirmish (I had no one to tets them with), and I had a question:

-If I order my rifles to Attack Focus an enemy outside their range, they will properly move into range, seek cover if available and engage, but... If the enemy moves out of range, do I need to reorder them into range?

Otherwise, no dancing around. It was great.
29 Nov 2013, 22:27 PM

They should pursue and try to maintain 100% weapon range.

The AI routine is the same at its core, just with some variables tweaked.
29 Nov 2013, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 21:24 PMTommy

changelog:

You can take that fix out from the changelog, the coaxial gun(coaxial is one that is on the hull) doesn't even exist on the Hellcat.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak