Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
18 Nov 2013, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 19:51 PMTommy

Whoops, my bad. No changes to the quad then this time guys, it's the same as before.

Well but there is a bug, that once you start upgrading then garrison, the M3 30 cal doesn't work.

Btw the Jeep 30 cal max reload is different from all other 30 cals don't know why, it's not a big thing (only half second)

Also yes, i'm pretty sure you can modify reinforce cost modifiers on veterancy, but i'm not sure i like the idea.

Dayum it seems u started a big hype Tommy.
We might need a whole new balance forum section XD XD
18 Nov 2013, 20:18 PM

Quick hotfix released, anyone who downloaded v1.1, redownload. Accidentally change sniper weapons.
18 Nov 2013, 20:23 PM

If the reinforce costs chained to vet doesn't work, you could chain it to Tech/Buildings.
As far as I know Volx cap is increased from 1 to 1,25 with teching Tier 3. So reinforce costs could be treated the same with T2/T3/T4 or in case of USA Supplyyard, T3/T4

What are the numbers of hp and damage between Krad, jeep and schwimmwagen now?

After your patch it seems like
HP Krad<Jeep<Schwimmwagen
Dmg Krad=Schwimmwagen<Jeep

But the interesting thing is the build time, the jeep should come a lot quicker, than the schwimmwagen?
18 Nov 2013, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 19:57 PM12ocky

Dayum it seems u started a big hype Tommy.
We might need a whole new balance forum section XD XD

And a replay section for coh since more of the bleh2 (coh2) players will return to play on the newly improved coh :)
18 Nov 2013, 20:28 PM

If the reinforce costs chained to vet doesn't work, you could chain it to Tech/Buildings.
As far as I know Volx cap is increased from 1 to 1,25 with teching Tier 3. So reinforce costs could be treated the same with T2/T3/T4 or in case of USA Supplyyard, T3/T4

What are the numbers of hp and damage between Krad, jeep and schwimmwagen now?

After your patch it seems like
HP Krad<Jeep<Schwimmwagen
Dmg Krad=Schwimmwagen<Jeep

But the interesting thing is the build time, the jeep should come a lot quicker, than the schwimmwagen?

Not focusing on PE bro .. not yet at least .. and if we do: u can simly change the target table. Easy. Make a whole new armor type if we have to for kettenkrad.

About the jeep damage, yes it's quite a relative increase, but the DPS it has is really low right now. The real threat is in the pushing squads out of cover. The upright damage is puny for a 220mp unit that's useless when a faust is available.

Why are you so obsessed in punishing veterancy? If veterancy is too strong simply nerf it. Like I could see the reinforce cost increase with vet as a feature, but I don't see the balance logic.

Also tomorrow I hope to find some opponents to play this mod, cause like it's really looking good, and i hope to see how T1 fights go.
18 Nov 2013, 20:42 PM

Sooner or later the vanilla changes are done and the OF work begins.
Then we have to redo a lot of work, because he haven't thought about it initally.

I'm not obsessed at punishing veterancy one bit. As if a 1 mp cots difference between a veterancy stage is much.
But a random 3mp change is a difference and it should be adequate.

Tommy initally thought about increasing Volx cost from 22 to 24mp.
Then we have 2 situations: Gamestart: Everything is fine.
Lategame: 50-80% Hp vet 0 Volx fights against vet 3 Rifle. Not adequate.

Now we have a Rifle Mp decrease from 27 to 24.
Gamestart: Everything fine.
Lategame: Vet3 Rifles with 4 Bars rapes anything, not adequate.
18 Nov 2013, 20:48 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Sooner or later the vanilla changes are done and the OF work begins.
Then we have to redo a lot of work, because he haven't thought about it initally.

I'm not obsessed at punishing veterancy one bit. As if a 1 mp cots difference between a veterancy stage is much.
But a random 3mp change is a difference and it should be adequate.

Tommy initally thought about increasing Volx cost from 22 to 24mp.
Then we have 2 situations: Gamestart: Everything is fine.
Lategame: 50-80% Hp vet 0 Volx fights against vet 3 Rifle. Not adequate.

Now we have a Rifle Mp decrease from 27 to 24.
Gamestart: Everything fine.
Lategame: Vet3 Rifles with 4 Bars rapes anything, not adequate.

These reinforcement costs are fine you shouldn't compare vet 3 rifles to volks really.
18 Nov 2013, 20:49 PM

i like what i am seeing
18 Nov 2013, 21:12 PM

I'm fine with all the 1.1 changes, but I would slow down a bit. It's really easy to decide something should change just by talking about it in a thread.

You want to focus in on the most important issues, and adding too many other changes can obscure the important ones and make them hard to playtest.

Obviously the #1 issue is Snipers and #2 is the Manpower war (Rifles vs Volks reinforce cost). I'd recommend actually getting some games in to see if these are the ideal fixes for those before getting too carried away buffing everything that's UP.
18 Nov 2013, 21:14 PM

Yeah agreed, I'm going to let this one sit for a while, the reason I rushed out 1.1 was because 1 was literally just bug fixes, which while nice, don't really affect the game. The game affecting stuff is now in play so I want to see how that works out.
18 Nov 2013, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 19:36 PMTommy

In an ideal world yes, mines do need changing. But I don't know how. They're just inherently flawed, too powerful. A fairly creative fix may be required, if any fix at all.
2 possibilities:

1) T3 vehicles are modified to take significantly less damage and crits vs mines

2) Both factions have access to 25 muni anti inf mines and 30-40 muni AT mines. Anti personnel mines work in the same way against infantry while only slightly denting vehicles (and possibly give light engine damage?). AT mines cannot be triggered by infantry (they do not 1 shot vehicles like Teller mines do but perform exactly mines in their current state against vehicles).

*Intended that any mine will 1 shot a Bike/Jeep in #1 and #2
18 Nov 2013, 21:36 PM

2 possibilities:

1) T3 vehicles are modified to take significantly less damage and crits vs mines

2) Both factions have access to 25 muni anti inf mines and 30-40 muni AT mines. Anti personnel mines work in the same way against infantry while only slightly denting vehicles (and possibly give light engine damage?). AT mines cannot be triggered by infantry (they do not 1 shot vehicles like Teller mines do but perform exactly mines in their current state against vehicles).

*Intended that any mine will 1 shot a Bike/Jeep in #1 and #2

Will have to fix the infantry company with this too
18 Nov 2013, 21:49 PM

I don't understand why this is getting made when Relic are paying Smoking Gun? to make new patches for steam COH1.
I can see it is a great idea to fix bugs like m10 missfire but leave the rest of the game alone don't change game mechanics such as snipers and flanking , even mines wtf?
snipers are not a problem neither is flanking the game is fine.

only real problems are staghound , m10 missfire , and a few other minor issues. we want 2v2 AT ladder back so we can see team list and a working auto match.
just don't touch what isn't broken. Not really happy about this don't think i will be trying it , wish you luck and lots of motivation though it is a MOD after all right?
I'll wait for the next patch for the current coh1 on steam which in theory should be around the corner this month we should hear some more news if not the patch itself.
I may appear negatively about this MOD , but that's because you will spend lots of time on it and not many people will stick with it once the next patch arrives for the current coh1.

I don't want to put you off doing it Tommy. by all means knock yourself out try and make it fantastic.
18 Nov 2013, 21:50 PM

Mines are too core to being a skilled CoH player to change that drastically imo.

So if nerfing it would lower the skillcap, try to buff its counter? That encourages interaction between players. Minesweepers have never been terribly viable, especially when weighed against having another Flamer.

Letting Engis/Pios upgrade with both Flamers and Minesweepers would be pretty drastic, but successful.

Or you could increase the Mine detection range. Or make detected mines permanently visible.

EDIT: If Smoking Gun was patching vCoH (and I thought their participation was already over at this point? They just released the server source code) it wouldn't be a balance patch. 0% chance.
18 Nov 2013, 21:51 PM

Is there a way to contact Smoking Gun?
18 Nov 2013, 21:55 PM

Smoking Gun , is the company making the patches for COH1 yes.
I am pretty sure they won't make any balance patches , but will fix most of the problems that have arose since the move from relic online too steam.
18 Nov 2013, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 21:50 PMKolaris
Mines are too core to being a skilled CoH player to change that drastically imo.

So if nerfing it would lower the skillcap, try to buff its counter? That encourages interaction between players. Minesweepers have never been terribly viable, especially when weighed against having another Flamer.

Letting Engis/Pios upgrade with both Flamers and Minesweepers would be pretty drastic, but successful.

Or you could increase the Mine detection range. Or make detected mines permanently visible.

EDIT: If Smoking Gun was patching vCoH (and I thought their participation was already over at this point? They just released the server source code) it wouldn't be a balance patch. 0% chance.

Yeah I'm thinking what it might be like to have sweepers and flamers available. But then, that's 85 munitions attached to the weakest infantry unit in the game, and it'd be much tougher on Wher than US (although arguably that'd make more sense).

Increasing the radius of sweepers might be a good solution though, as it would increase the efficiency of sweepers.

At any rate, gonna work on snipers first.
18 Nov 2013, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 21:59 PMTommy

Yeah I'm thinking what it might be like to have sweepers and flamers available. But then, that's 85 munitions attached to the weakest infantry unit in the game, and it'd be much tougher on Wher than US (although arguably that'd make more sense).

Increasing the radius of sweepers might be a good solution though, as it would increase the efficiency of sweepers.

At any rate, gonna work on snipers first.

Yeah I think working on snipers first is the best, and then slowly moving into other things.
18 Nov 2013, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 21:50 PMKolaris

Being conscious enough to lay mines at any given opportunity definitely sets the good apart from the not so good. But I don't think having a universal hard counter to everything minus tanks and detector units for 25 muni really promotes high level play. It certainly does take some skill to put mines in the right places or to bait someone over them, but half of the time it just happens to be a coincidence that he drove over the mine rather than being outplayed. One could argue that 25 munitions giving an almost guaranteed kill on a armored car is an equal detriment to the skill cap. My proposed change would either give the vehicle a better chance at survival or reduce the amount of times 25 munitions almost instantly wins the game.

I don't understand why this is getting made when Relic are paying Smoking Gun? to make new patches for steam COH1.

Ya they've done a bang up job so far. :S
19 Nov 2013, 01:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 18:33 PMTommy

1. Yeah I think that's a pretty safe change, probably cut it to 30 seconds from the current 60 seconds.

2. It would be a very difficult change. The issue itself is due to the size of the hitbox on the puma- it's small, and therefore shitty RR accuracy tends not to hit it (however small scatter on the RR's means they almost never miss anything bigger than a Stug). It'd probably need a new model.

It would also have some pretty huge balance implications, as pumas would no longer be a counter to AB.

Pumas would still be a decent counter to AB. Perhaps a softer one. For one thing they still can shoot the reinforcing AB out of the sky like pigeons.

They don't cost nearly as much as a RR AB squad (375 mp and 125 muni) and are still able to do serious damage to any infantry. And an unupgraded AB squad has 0 counters to a Puma.

I don't think the Puma was supposed to be the hard counter "anti-AB" unit. I think that happened more as a side effect of the RR-phase issue than because of design.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS