Login

russian armor

Replace m8 Scott with the calliope.

3 Jul 2021, 14:40 PM

Adjust Scott for a LV timing and swap it with the Pack Howitzer.

Rework Pack Howitzer into a good barrage only weapon.

Interesting...so you recommend placing the Scott in the captain tree? Where would the pack Howie go or would you keep it in there too?
3 Jul 2021, 14:54 PM

Give M8 scott 100 dmg shell on barrage, not bullshit 80 dmg.
3 Jul 2021, 15:59 PM

Adjust Scott for a LV timing and swap it with the Pack Howitzer.

Rework Pack Howitzer into a good barrage only weapon.

What about this,
Make the pak howi come from the HQ instead of the mortar after either mechanized upgrade or both officers and put the scott with captain. And remover the pack howi drop from recon commander.
3 Jul 2021, 17:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Interesting...so you recommend placing the Scott in the captain tree? Where would the pack Howie go or would you keep it in there too?

Pack Howie goes to major.

What about this,
Make the pak howi come from the HQ instead of the mortar after either mechanized upgrade or both officers and put the scott with captain. And remover the pack howi drop from recon commander.

The idea is to make the Pack Howie a stronger but barrage only weapon. A late game artillery equivalent to say the Land Mattress.
It's clear that the Priest/Calliope are gonna remain to be stronger alternatives, but right now, mortar/Pack/Scott are too similar in what they can accomplish aside from obvious mobility differences.
3 Jul 2021, 17:13 PM

lmao good one
5 Jul 2021, 19:12 PM

m8 scott sucks so bad i really hate this unit. its auto fire at an atgun will get u killed cuz the atgun can hit u bak. this is supposed to be usa answer to there missing arty? so usa get a mortar then u upgrade with pack then to a scott that sucks so bad. the smokes on scott are nice and barrage ability being all it has to attack things at range is horrible
5 Jul 2021, 22:53 PM

m8 scott sucks so bad i really hate this unit. its auto fire at an atgun will get u killed cuz the atgun can hit u bak. this is supposed to be usa answer to there missing arty? so usa get a mortar then u upgrade with pack then to a scott that sucks so bad. the smokes on scott are nice and barrage ability being all it has to attack things at range is horrible

It was decent before the balance team touched it and nerfed it into the ground. Waste of fuel to make one at the moment as you can save up and spend it on other more useful things.
6 Jul 2021, 00:47 AM

Use the barrage against AT guns. The fact that the Scott could outrage AT guns without micro was OP. it takes all of 2clicks to barrage. You can do it. I believe in you!
6 Jul 2021, 06:15 AM

Use the barrage against AT guns. The fact that the Scott could outrage AT guns without micro was OP. it takes all of 2clicks to barrage. You can do it. I believe in you!
oh yea great use the barrage. the atgun is moved! wow we made it move!
6 Jul 2021, 06:32 AM

oh yea great use the barrage. the atgun is moved! wow we made it move!

Yes. You may not know this, but this is a tactical RTS. If you make the enemy AT move you know what? It's not in position anymore! Congrats. You made an opening! If you want the game to play itself, perhaps balloons TD is more your speed. A game where there is no counterplay and your enemy mindlessly plays right into your defense everytime without fail!

In THIS game there is give and take. Counterplay. You do a thing that makes them HAVE to do a thing. Buying a unit that you just set behind sight blockers and bleed the enemy is a badly designed unit. Especially one as slippery as the Scott.

Do you get upset when you have to flank as well? Have to use smoke or off maps? Camo? Any other core elements of the game you feel are too much for you that we can discuss? I personally dislike the way I have to build units and tell them to take cover and cap points, perhaps between that and your issues we can get together and develop a patch that's actually just watching band of brothers. We get the epic visuals without actually having to do the tedious part of playing the game with a whole other player.
6 Jul 2021, 06:43 AM

Yes. You may not know this, but this is a tactical RTS. If you make the enemy AT move you know what? It's not in position anymore! Congrats. You made an opening! If you want the game to play itself, perhaps balloons TD is more your speed. A game where there is no counterplay and your enemy mindlessly plays right into your defense everytime without fail!

In THIS game there is give and take. Counterplay. You do a thing that makes them HAVE to do a thing. Buying a unit that you just set behind sight blockers and bleed the enemy is a badly designed unit. Especially one as slippery as the Scott.

Do you get upset when you have to flank as well? Have to use smoke or off maps? Camo? Any other core elements of the game you feel are too much for you that we can discuss? I personally dislike the way I have to build units and tell them to take cover and cap points, perhaps between that and your issues we can get together and develop a patch that's actually just watching band of brothers. We get the epic visuals without actually having to do the tedious part of playing the game with a whole other player.

Your post is completely out of logic, you could always move your pak if the scott auto-fire it.
6 Jul 2021, 07:09 AM

the thins is barrage fire from mortar/ISG, Howie, M8 scott... is temporary counter AT, MG, blob unlike rocket arty which deal a big chunk of burst damage. or WP barrage that actually very effectvie on counter MG, ATG or blob.
also barrage time kinda long so there are no way enemies let you throw full barrage on their position. That's forced you bought as least 2 Scott so that you can keep barrage non stop.
6 Jul 2021, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2021, 06:43 AMEsxile

Your post is completely out of logic, you could always move your pak if the scott auto-fire it.

AT which point it will again be rengaged. Balance is getting out what you put in. Units that inflict micro or bleed while requiring none are poorly designed. A barrage leaves the counter play of moving. Auto fire means you as the Scott owner need to do a grand total of being in range and the enemy has to keep an eye on everything lest it disappear.

This is why mortars were nerfed back when. This is why counter battery was nerfed. This is why the Scott was nerfed.
6 Jul 2021, 17:00 PM

AT which point it will again be rengaged. Balance is getting out what you put in. Units that inflict micro or bleed while requiring none are poorly designed. A barrage leaves the counter play of moving. Auto fire means you as the Scott owner need to do a grand total of being in range and the enemy has to keep an eye on everything lest it disappear.

This is why mortars were nerfed back when. This is why counter battery was nerfed. This is why the Scott was nerfed.

Doesn't make your reasoning more logic, there are still quantity of unit requiring low input delivering great output in the game having bigger impact than a scott. But anyway you said the word, the Scott has been nerfed while it shouldn't have. Auto-fire being problematic doesn't mean the scott had to be nerfed into a neither good at auto-fire neither good with its barrage unit.
6 Jul 2021, 17:17 PM

Scott looks even more ridicilus if you know how stuka zu fuss can be easliy pop out around cp4 and wipe all teamweapons meantime double Scott barrage have problems to kill one pak crew.
I can understand that coliope must stay doctrinal but comon right now usf have 3 mortars that's why people abuse caliope commanders
6 Jul 2021, 17:18 PM

Scott just needs additional utility so that it can actually sort of fill it's current holes (inability to punish blobs and inability to break down support weapon walls). It's reworked barrage that's super accurate with Vet simply isn't sufficient for a lot of scenarios. It just some kind of "heavy mortar barrage" worked in that's bigger scatter and bigger damage. Just balance it as necessary with munitions cost or cooldown time and you're good.
6 Jul 2021, 18:33 PM

lol your hilarious. i wish i could take u more seriously. so USA's scott/arty is made to move a unit for a second, while for expample pwerfer rains death shells all at same time which gives u no time to move. units instant die from pwerfer but usa's arty is just supposed to move u out of possistion for a second. interesting bro. and u talk about hiding behind shot blockers like strumtiger. pwerfer. brummbar. avre. pak43. and all these other units can hide behind them and are way more effective
6 Jul 2021, 18:55 PM

lol your hilarious. i wish i could take u more seriously. so USA's scott/arty is made to move a unit for a second, while for expample pwerfer rains death shells all at same time which gives u no time to move. units instant die from pwerfer but usa's arty is just supposed to move u out of possistion for a second. interesting bro. and u talk about hiding behind shot blockers like strumtiger. pwerfer. brummbar. avre. pak43. and all these other units can hide behind them and are way more effective

Yeah Panzerwerfer is only like 10 fuel more than the Scott but significantly more useful. The M8 Scott sucks donkey nuts in comparison. I would be willing to pay 150 Fuel if it meant I wasn't forced to use the same commander every game and actually have a useful unit that is barely better than the Whermact Mortar.
6 Jul 2021, 19:14 PM

Yeah Panzerwerfer is only like 10 fuel more than the Scott but significantly more useful. The M8 Scott sucks donkey nuts in comparison. I would be willing to pay 150 Fuel if it meant I wasn't forced to use the same commander every game and actually have a useful unit that is barely better than the Whermact Mortar.
the part where u said your willing to pay more..im with u hard. id pay 150f for a scott if it got the right buffs to make it useful for its cost
8 Jul 2021, 23:41 PM

Ah yes the age old comparisons of pak43 AT and rocket arty. I hadn't considered the way that completely different units with complete different jo s in completely different factions works! In that case you have me convinced! A no micro counter to infantry and team weapons IS OK.

You can want the pwerfer all you want just like Ostheer can want a 60 range TD all they want but guess what? Neither are getting them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS