Login

russian armor

120 mortar Vet 1 ability

1 Jul 2021, 18:21 PM

I've been messing around with the new 120 vet 1 barrage ability, and while its hilarious using it, I've also noticed that it sticks to vehicles that are unlucky enough to be hit by it like an AT satchel. Is this intended? because I don't think its mentioned in the patch notes, at least to the best of my knowledge. Though I could just be illiterate.
1 Jul 2021, 18:33 PM

If that's true, thats hilarious. Gonna test that later.
1 Jul 2021, 18:55 PM

I've been messing around with the new 120 vet 1 barrage ability, and while its hilarious using it, I've also noticed that it sticks to vehicles that are unlucky enough to be hit by it like an AT satchel. Is this intended? because I don't think its mentioned in the patch notes, at least to the best of my knowledge. Though I could just be illiterate.

It is not intended post in bugs.
1 Jul 2021, 19:20 PM

Interesting new Soviet tech, definitely worth having a giggle over B-)
MMX
2 Jul 2021, 02:15 AM

the delayed fuse rounds of the usf mortar ht have been sticky as well since as far back as i can remember. presumably this fancy adhesive mortar round technology was part of the lend-lease program?
in any case, i assume this is working as intended and is definitely not a bug.
2 Jul 2021, 03:05 AM

I too think its intended. As MMX said the USF mortar delay fuse charge stuck to vehicles since forever. Its just a copy of the same ability with added whistling effects.
2 Jul 2021, 04:29 AM
Donator 22

Sounds like vehicles being repaired have now become a prime target. Funny shit.
2 Jul 2021, 04:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2021, 02:15 AMMMX
the delayed fuse rounds of the usf mortar ht have been sticky as well since as far back as i can remember. presumably this fancy adhesive mortar round technology was part of the lend-lease program?
in any case, i assume this is working as intended and is definitely not a bug.

Yeah pretty much this. Idk if they intended for the 120mm mortar to stick too, but if they didn't then they just forgot to disable that when they copied the ability over from the USF version. It's been that way for as long it's been in the game

At most it's an oversight but I don't see it being a problem. It's useful on the m21 but hardly oppressive
2 Jul 2021, 08:00 AM

Yeah pretty much this. Idk if they intended for the 120mm mortar to stick too, but if they didn't then they just forgot to disable that when they copied the ability over from the USF version. It's been that way for as long it's been in the game

At most it's an oversight but I don't see it being a problem. It's useful on the m21 but hardly oppressive

It should probably be on both of them or none of them. Having it on one and not the other makes it inconsistent, especially since both abilities are uncommonly used. You might see a mortar land on your vehicle one game and think that's how it works, and then 20 games later it happens again but it doens't stick- it'll be confusing.
2 Jul 2021, 08:38 AM

Sounds like vehicles being repaired have now become a prime target. Funny shit.

or softening up a heavy chilling on a point, or getting some cheesy damage on the mortar halftracks your opponent got to counter your 120mm mortars
2 Jul 2021, 08:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think this should be removed. It will just cause some weird RNG moments of the shell sticking to the tank and maybe generate a lot of frustration if that is what in the end kills it. If there is also no historic justification for sticky mortar shells, they should be removed.
2 Jul 2021, 09:05 AM

Do satchel shells from USF mortar HT stick as well?
2 Jul 2021, 10:10 AM

It will just cause some weird RNG moments of the shell sticking to the tank and maybe generate a lot of frustration if that is what in the end kills it.

Pretty sure there's a long list of those we can address. Id rather lose a tank to that then any of the loiters, and this is a LOT more rare

Do satchel shells from USF mortar HT stick as well?

Yes they do, always have. Used to use the ability religiously on the old 2v2 map Trois Ponts. Was easy to hit tanks with them on that map cause there was limited room to maneuver

Never had much success sticking them to tanks anywhere but there
2 Jul 2021, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pretty sure there's a long list of those we can address. Id rather lose a tank to that then any of the loiters, and this is a LOT more rare

I agree. But at least with the loiters it makes sense logically that they track and attack vehicles. And while it is completely random how and if they target/deal damage, a mortar shell sticking to a vehicle is not logical.

If it is an easy fix, it should be removed. If there is suspicion that the fix itself could cause other bugs, then leave it in. It will be a rare occasion as you say and even more rarely contribute to the killing blow. But when it does it would be quite shitty.
MMX
2 Jul 2021, 12:32 PM

I think this should be removed. It will just cause some weird RNG moments of the shell sticking to the tank and maybe generate a lot of frustration if that is what in the end kills it. If there is also no historic justification for sticky mortar shells, they should be removed.

i don't know. from a realism standpoint sticky mortar rounds surely do require suspension of disbelief to some extent, but gameplay-wise i don't see anything wrong with it. i mean, the alternative to sticky shells would be to either make the rounds explode on contact (in the end leading to the same outcome) or let them magically phase through the tank onto the ground, which would be even more unrealistic imho.

and honestly, if rng decides a mortar round hits my tank and deals enough damage to kill it, i don't really care if it blows up instantly or 3 seconds later.
2 Jul 2021, 12:57 PM

After the at gun used as mortar... the mortar is used as at gun:rofl:
2 Jul 2021, 15:27 PM

these are supposed to stick to tanks
2 Jul 2021, 17:07 PM

pretty much this is why I don't a problem here.
2 Jul 2021, 17:14 PM

Since these abilities have 1000 penetration imo it should not be "sticky".

(I do not remember if the critical have been removed or not but that would make it even worse)
5 Jul 2021, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2021, 17:14 PMVipper
Since these abilities have 1000 penetration imo it should not be "sticky".

(I do not remember if the critical have been removed or not but that would make it even worse)

correct me if im wrong bro and be serious and honest u only say that it should not be sticky becuz u wont use this unit vs people. u wont play this command or that army. u might but never as much as your favorite axis. u love axis so much u will defend every thread that pushes anything good for allies. nd if its against axis u try to say it needs buffs... cmon now bro
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★