Login

russian armor

Question regarding Loot

29 Jun 2021, 16:02 PM

Is there some easy trick to get lots of it quickly? Recently saw lots of people (streamers included) having a high 5 digit amount of it and wondered wether there was some hidden cheat for loot. Once tried farming loot with AutoHotkey but was quickly hit with the ~2k limit / day.

Really sucks that it is basically impossible to get all commanders unless one pays Lelic loads of additional cash

29 Jun 2021, 16:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The streamers played shit tons of matches and there was some compensation when the loot system was introduced and replaced the old system. That's how they got these huge numbers.

But I agree, the loot system is very, very shitty. I think I had to play 130 hours per commander. And half of those commanders were random drops, so I could not even decide which one I want. Plus, obviously, you cannot spent your points on anything else than commanders, otherwise you will delay the next commander unlock.

All commanders are basically completely pay walled at this point. I cannot understand how in previous threads some players seriously claimed that you can unlock them by just playing the game and no one were forced to spend money for the full Coh2 experience.
29 Jun 2021, 17:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The streamers played shit tons of matches and there was some compensation when the loot system was introduced and replaced the old system. That's how they got these huge numbers.

But I agree, the loot system is very, very shitty. I think I had to play 130 hours per commander. And half of those commanders were random drops, so I could not even decide which one I want. Plus, obviously, you cannot spent your points on anything else than commanders, otherwise you will delay the next commander unlock.

All commanders are basically completely pay walled at this point. I cannot understand how in previous threads some players seriously claimed that you can unlock them by just playing the game and no one were forced to spend money for the full Coh2 experience.

Because most people here have either been playing since game release, had been playing before the big compensation OR when they introduced a limit cap on supply gained on custom games (people afk farmed them with scripts).

Many commanders which were given for free at some point, are not available in all versions of the game. Therefore things like humblebundle versions or simil don't have even the most basic commanders. So this makes it impossible for veteran players to relate with the experience of someone "new" towards the game.

Same thing happens in other genres of games, although it's more understandable if they are F2P.

29 Jun 2021, 18:04 PM

So this makes it impossible for veteran players to relate with the experience of someone "new" towards the game.

It is not just that imo.

Once saw a thread on Steam that talked about this issue and the comments were 90% "haha OP is poor. If you can't afford it just don't buy it"

For some reason there are lots of people that are ok with having to grind ~50 hours for one commander / character / etc. in a full price game ... as long as the company isn't EA

Really hope that CoH3 won't have this BS in it ... anyways thanks for clarification. What a shame that there is no hidden trick :/
29 Jun 2021, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't mind monetization as long as it doesn't involve gameplay elements, specially in a STRATEGY game. While not ideal, you have to take in mind that during the first years, commanders were EXCLUSIVELY paid only or through RANDOM drops.

So the current model is the best you can expect the game to be.

As far as grinding goes, keep farming the 2K supply while afk method (even if you are not automatizing it, you can play or do something else on a custom game and return to "finish it") and just play normally.

You don't need EVERY commander, specially with EFA, which have plenty of overlap.
29 Jun 2021, 20:07 PM

So the current model is the best you can expect the game to be.

I agree 100%. If you cant live without the commander, buy it. Or you can gradually get better at the game and get new commanders as you progress. Perfect system. One of the great ideas added for Coh2. One could argue how fast you get a commander.

Many gamers dont actually PLAY GAMES anymore. They just look for cheats and work-arounds to get all the STUFF you can get. Then they move on. It is the gathering of stuff that is the draw for them.

Coh2 is like a game of Chess. It is timeless. Its mechanics are almost perfect. It is not meant to be run through real fast to get neat stuff game.

And yes there are ways to get slightly faster loot money but it is not something allowed to talk about on this forum. And I can say 99.9% of users do not do these things. They play the game for years and git gud instead.

EDIT: Or gradually go insane like many of us have :foreveralone:
29 Jun 2021, 21:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because most people here have either been playing since game release, had been playing before the big compensation OR when they introduced a limit cap on supply gained on custom games (people afk farmed them with scripts).

Many commanders which were given for free at some point, are not available in all versions of the game. Therefore things like humblebundle versions or simil don't have even the most basic commanders. So this makes it impossible for veteran players to relate with the experience of someone "new" towards the game.

Same thing happens in other genres of games, although it's more understandable if they are F2P.

I didn't mean that they claimed it 5 years ago. This thread pops up every now and then, and even on the latest iteration of the loot system they were doing so. It might be that they unlocked all stuff before that and don't know the grind, but on the other hand it is not difficult to make a quick estimate of how long you need to play given the drop rate of supply, games for a reward and prices of commanders and considering that a normal game lasts anywhere between 30-60 minutes.

I also disagree that the current system is the best one. The commanders are heavily overpriced (unless making ~20 commanders requires the same amount of work as making a new AAA game). And they are supposed to be like that, because buying them with supply is not feasable. The base commanders are fairly limiting in play style, so the actual 'full' (not even meaning all commanders but a decent selection) game of CoH2 still costs quite a lot, especially for an 8 year old game. And the latest since Relic is not really involved into balancing anymore, the commanders cost them zero work and maximum profit. I don't mind paying for extra content if the content is worth it, but the discrepancy is huge here, even for a game I like as much as CoH2.
29 Jun 2021, 22:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I didn't mean that they claimed it 5 years ago. This thread pops up every now and then, and even on the latest iteration of the loot system they were doing so. It might be that they unlocked all stuff before that and don't know the grind, but on the other hand it is not difficult to make a quick estimate of how long you need to play given the drop rate of supply, games for a reward and prices of commanders and considering that a normal game lasts anywhere between 30-60 minutes.

I also disagree that the current system is the best one. The commanders are heavily overpriced (unless making ~20 commanders requires the same amount of work as making a new AAA game). And they are supposed to be like that, because buying them with supply is not feasable. The base commanders are fairly limiting in play style, so the actual 'full' (not even meaning all commanders but a decent selection) game of CoH2 still costs quite a lot, especially for an 8 year old game. And the latest since Relic is not really involved into balancing anymore, the commanders cost them zero work and maximum profit. I don't mind paying for extra content if the content is worth it, but the discrepancy is huge here, even for a game I like as much as CoH2.

Should check my 2nd post.

First part: you will be met with the argument that the game is way cheaper or even free in some cases and the commanders are there as monetization system.

Second part: "the best one this game will ever get". I agree on what i said, it's just that i don't expect anything to change and i just explained why things are the way they are.
While buying everything separately is overpriced, isn't there a version which cost a normal AAA price and gives all factions, commanders, campgain and coop DLCs available?
30 Jun 2021, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Should check my 2nd post.

First part: you will be met with the argument that the game is way cheaper or even free in some cases and the commanders are there as monetization system.

Second part: "the best one this game will ever get". I agree on what i said, it's just that i don't expect anything to change and i just explained why things are the way they are.
While buying everything separately is overpriced, isn't there a version which cost a normal AAA price and gives all factions, commanders, campgain and coop DLCs available?

The base game costs 20 Euros if not on sale on steam, not including any DLC. That's what Relic still deems their game to be worth. I personally find that quite expensive for the content and the age of this game. Then there is the "All out war edition" which only came across a couple of months ago (so it does not excuse the years before that). Afaik, it is not really available apart from third party key (re)sellers. I don't know about the current prices, last thing I saw some time ago was 10 or 15 Euros. This one is a good deal if you're buying it new. The issue with the base (=Steam) version is that the multiplayer experience is very limited since a lot of the replayability relies on commanders. If we assume you'd need about 3 additional commanders for each eastern and 2 for each DLC faction, that's 12 more commanders. Each commander costs about 2,50-3 Euros, which basically means Relic is asking for an additional >30 Euros. Even if you get the game including DLC factions for free or on sale for 5-10 Euros, that's a quite a price. And again, yes, All out war edition exists, but this pricing has existed even before that version and still exists today.

Regarding the second part: I apparently then misunderstood how you meant that sentence. I think the current system is shitty, that's all I wanted to get across.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★