Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger feels very underwhelming compared to the B4

29 Jun 2021, 10:34 AM

As the devs buffed the B4 into the high heavens, the stumrtiger is getting left behind. not only the sturmtiger only gets to fire 1 shell, the firing animations is very slow and gives the opponent plenty of time to react.
i personally feel the sturmtiger is very underwhelming right now, deserves a little bit of love.
MMX
29 Jun 2021, 12:49 PM

it got a decent improvement in the latest patch with the overhaul of the projectile behavior. feels much more predictable and, thus, consistent right now. that might not sound much like a straight buff to the unit itself, but having the shell impact where you want almost every time instead of flipping a coin with each shot is incredibly strong.
29 Jun 2021, 13:06 PM

Sturmtiger seems alright right now actually. The thing people forget about it is that it doesn't need to fire to be effective, if you can ride up to a Machine Gun or At Gun or even just infantry in cover and just start aiming, the target needs to leave, or atleast move immediately or die which can open up ways to initiate an attack. Not to mention at vet 1 you gain the noob tube that chunks infantry for only 20 munitions. (The buff has also indirectly made this easier to acquire.)

Just making it have the ability to fire consistently has done wonders for it's usability since even if you caught your opponent sleeping there was a decent chance you just missed and had a useless 165 Fuel box for the next minute.
29 Jun 2021, 17:26 PM

The Sturmtiger and B-4 are completely different tools, the only similarity is big boom. The closest thing you can compare it to is the AVRE. Could also compare it to the Sturmpanzer too if you want to stretch a bit.
29 Jun 2021, 19:27 PM
29 Jun 2021, 19:39 PM

I manage to get it on vet 5 regulary...

CLEARLY I've been missing out :faint:
29 Jun 2021, 20:42 PM

CLEARLY I've been missing out :faint:

Most good players can vet up the Sturmtiger to 5. It's not a rare thing in 2v2 and 3v3. So yeah, you've been missing out. Heck, I rarely play sturmtiger, but even in those leisure games with OKW, where I don't really believe in unit preservation, I manage to vet it to 4 or 5. Easiest vs USF, hardest vs Brits for me.
29 Jun 2021, 23:18 PM

As the devs buffed the B4 into the high heavens, the stumrtiger is getting left behind. not only the sturmtiger only gets to fire 1 shell, the firing animations is very slow and gives the opponent plenty of time to react.
i personally feel the sturmtiger is very underwhelming right now, deserves a little bit of love.

Yes, the Sturmtiger should also shoot 3 shells, with about a 1.5 second unload between them, and at range 40, 50, and 60. This would enable OKW players to not feel left out. Also, the 20 munitions smoke should be made free. Other units get free smoke so this leads to feelings of inadequacy and exclusion of OKW-mains. #freeOKW
30 Jun 2021, 00:11 AM

Sturmtiger is a rape machine on wheels.
30 Jun 2021, 04:42 AM

with these tips u should enhance your play with this unit. first. dont send him in first looking for enemy. use a scout infantry first and while your sturmtiger cant be seen then shoot at max range so enemy cant see sturm shooting. then boom u get to suprise them with a bang. they wont move if they dont see u
30 Jun 2021, 08:43 AM

i dont see why it is not possible to get more than one sturmtiger by default, since u can spam b4, wich fire from save places 3 massive shells into their targets...

why sturmtiger cant shot above range 50? while b4 shoot on most maps into your base from other side of the map?

ok..heres the facts:

stumtiger cost 4 times of a B4, has super short range compared to b4 and cant be spammed.

yes it can move...but only need cause of super short range.

make it a setup unit which can fire above much more range and has to stay for 30sec on the same place after the shot. maybe a vet abilty
30 Jun 2021, 19:47 PM

i dont see why it is not possible to get more than one sturmtiger by default, since u can spam b4, wich fire from save places 3 massive shells into their targets...

why sturmtiger cant shot above range 50? while b4 shoot on most maps into your base from other side of the map?

ok..heres the facts:

stumtiger cost 4 times of a B4, has super short range compared to b4 and cant be spammed.

yes it can move...but only need cause of super short range.

make it a setup unit which can fire above much more range and has to stay for 30sec on the same place after the shot. maybe a vet abilty

no.
30 Jun 2021, 20:00 PM

The problem of the Sturmtiger is that used behind sightblockers it's very powerful, especially now that collisions aren't a thing.
But using it "normally" makes it very hard to score an hit against a good player. So it can't be buffed because in the former case it would be broken
30 Jun 2021, 20:17 PM

It is not by far. This thing can go in front, while getting hit by a TD and an AT gun simultaneously and unload with a successful retreat, as if it needs it, since it fires from a range of 40 (AVRE is 35). It also gets 45 sight range with vet and same range on its cannon.

In hectic situations it get a lot of wipes. Also it is in one of the best (if not the best right now considering ST adjust) OKW commanders.

Playing against it is mentally exhausting. That is like early game sniper, but it snipes whole squads.
1 Jul 2021, 08:12 AM

you need to babysit this think by mainly 60% of yur input to be effective. B4 is like..look i build something and click every 1minute one button and will be fine.
1 Jul 2021, 09:19 AM

you need to babysit this think by mainly 60% of yur input to be effective. B4 is like..look i build something and click every 1minute one button and will be fine.

Maybz in 1v1. In team games where u actually see this thing you have plenty of things to screen it
1 Jul 2021, 14:37 PM

So you want it to wipe squads without any input? It is 40 range, most units have a sight range of 35.
1 Jul 2021, 14:47 PM

Both B4 and ST should have a hard cap on the number of entities they can kill
MMX
1 Jul 2021, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2021, 14:47 PMVipper
Both B4 and ST should have a hard cap on the number of entities they can kill

if we're talking about a high double-digit number, sure why not? otherwise no.
1 Jul 2021, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2021, 15:01 PMMMX

if we're talking about a high double-digit number, sure why not? otherwise no.

That is per squad not total number...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS