Login

russian armor

Could we just delete vet 1 ML-20 smoke barrage ?.

22 Jun 2021, 01:54 AM

Vet 1 smoke barrage from ML-20 just provide nothing for Soviet players. Pay Ammu for Smoke sceen that cover the same space per shell as 120mm Motar ?
Just why ? Did balance team actually use it in their test game against AI or players ?
How about change it to WP and 3-5 rounds per barrage or just scap it ?

22 Jun 2021, 02:13 AM

It is a bit expensive for what it does. Maybe cutting munis might help, or making smoke last longer. I like the concept, its just too expensive to use.
22 Jun 2021, 02:33 AM

It is a bit expensive for what it does. Maybe cutting munis might help, or making smoke last longer. I like the concept, its just too expensive to use.

Well, a concept " smoking from heavy arty " is waste of time. It was approved on Wargame when Smoke sceen is a key. Even in real life. smoke shell from 155/152mm battery is the most useless shell while WP shell also a better choice.
- IF smoke barrage had ping-point accuaracy, fast deloy with 20-30 ammu for 1-2 shells and yet let your firing HE barrage after 10s. IT would be worthy as tactical move.
22 Jun 2021, 02:40 AM

Yes, replace it with a 20 munition Precision strike, because that won't be terrible.......
22 Jun 2021, 03:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2021, 02:40 AMGrumpy
Yes, replace it with a 20 munition Precision strike, because that won't be terrible.......

how about give ML-20 better vet and leave them no ability ? How about 90-110 ammu Precision strike require vision , 100s cooldown to use ?
22 Jun 2021, 06:22 AM

I think the smoke is crazy useful. It means you have smoke even if you didn't go t2 which can be extremely strong with penals (satchels) it's a good ability
22 Jun 2021, 07:07 AM

Give it a zeroing barrage, the spirit of Precision Strike but no bullshit.
22 Jun 2021, 07:11 AM

Give it a zeroing barrage, the spirit of Precision Strike but no bullshit.

To strong vs okw buildings
22 Jun 2021, 16:15 PM

vet 1 for smoke on this units is so dumb. and pay munis? sucks i wont bother
1 Jul 2021, 00:54 AM

how about air burst
1 Jul 2021, 04:40 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/152_mm_howitzer-gun_M1937_(ML-20)#Ammunition

Give it direct fire heat shells, So it can be used as AT also.
1 Jul 2021, 05:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2021, 04:40 AMNaOCl
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/152_mm_howitzer-gun_M1937_(ML-20)#Ammunition

Give it direct fire heat shells, So it can be used as AT also.

53-BP-540, post-war HEAT shell.
1 Jul 2021, 14:48 PM

WP smoke will be great,I still not understand why balance team think smoke barrage need VET1 and cost ammo.
1 Jul 2021, 14:58 PM

WP smoke will be great,I still not understand why balance team think smoke barrage need VET1 and cost ammo.

Maybe because the buffer the ML20 and already in the same patch?

This is amusing, ML-20 get buffed and people still finds reasons to complain about the MOD team.

Maybe the MOD team should simply reverse the changes.
1 Jul 2021, 15:01 PM

What? Ppl complaining about a weak(?) vet 1 ability on a fixed arty piece? Where have I heard that before..... something haubitze.

I think the zero scatter smoke has its uses but if it didn't put the regular fire on some kind of CD, it'd be OP. Soviet late game has never struggled vs weapons team spam (usual smoke target) due to Katyusha.
1 Jul 2021, 17:25 PM

What? Ppl complaining about a weak(?) vet 1 ability on a fixed arty piece? Where have I heard that before..... something haubitze.

Lol really? I think we get it by now

I think the zero scatter smoke has its uses but if it didn't put the regular fire on some kind of CD, it'd be OP.

Uhh it doesn't put the regular fire on cooldown... If it did it would be absolutely useless. Using smoke would be an insane waste of the unit if that were the case

It's definitely useful, but for God's sake don't start saying it's OP. That irony is just too much
1 Jul 2021, 17:53 PM

Lol really? I think we get it by now

Uhh it doesn't put the regular fire on cooldown... If it did it would be absolutely useless. Using smoke would be an insane waste of the unit if that were the case

It's definitely useful, but for God's sake don't start saying it's OP. That irony is just too much

I have been misled by an earlier forum post it seems....grrrrrr. Did some testing with it but that was with zero CDs in cheatmod so didn't notice. Sounds a bit OP then tbh (you can stop laughing when it hurts to laugh :p). Very long range smoke dispenser and meanwhile Airburst is a meme ability that no one uses seriously. I suppose the cost balances it out but it actually has practical uses unlike Airburst. Don't even need to build Katys when you can smoke MGs pretty freely, regular fire in between.
1 Jul 2021, 18:07 PM

Very long range smoke dispenser and meanwhile Airburst is a meme ability that no one uses seriously. I suppose the cost balances it out but it actually has practical uses unlike Airburst.
Can we do this without whataboutism? The "long range" part works both ways. It takes the smoke longer to arrive, and unless the howy is already aimed directly at the spot, it will take a second to reface

It's not bad by any means. But OP? Lmao

Don't even need to build Katys when you can smoke MGs pretty freely, regular fire in between.

Does howitzer smoke prevent blobbing too? And smoking an MG < destroying it/wiping its vet
1 Jul 2021, 19:06 PM

Can we do this without whataboutism? The "long range" part works both ways. It takes the smoke longer to arrive, and unless the howy is already aimed directly at the spot, it will take a second to reface

It's not bad by any means. But OP? Lmao

I'm all for useful abilities/utility at vet 1. Ah yes, having done my homework, 30 muni on an independent CD of 120s. Not overpriced, esp in a commander that comes with recon and IL-2 bombing run so you will get to reliably keep vetted ML-20s. I said it was 'a bit OP'. Definitely disagree with the original poster, ESP after the old vet 1 became baseline.

Does howitzer smoke prevent blobbing too? And smoking an MG < destroying it/wiping its vet

Regular fire kills MGs! Which has its own CD. I was talking about MGs and not everyone blobs inf late game, you can always buy a Katy if the squad count is that obscene. Smoke also works against the infamous PaK walls and obv RW too. Chaos unfolding, take out a key high value target and run like hell. I'm honestly surprised it's not been used more by skilled players but I guess at the moment that's due to being overshadowed by the B-4 in its current state.
1 Jul 2021, 19:45 PM

I'm all for useful abilities/utility at vet 1. Ah yes, having done my homework, 30 muni on an independent CD of 120s. Not overpriced, esp in a commander that comes with recon and IL-2 bombing run so you will get to reliably keep vetted ML-20s.

How often do you think you'll be able to use it if you're using recon and IL2? Not sure what the point of that example was

Regular fire kills MGs! Which has its own CD. I was talking about MGs and not everyone blobs inf late game, you can always buy a Katy if the squad count is that obscene.

Yeah exactly, building a howitzer already meant you didn't need the Katy to fight MGs. If you have a howy already you are probably getting a katy to fight blobs not team weapons, that's my point

I also think it's more useful than OP does. But it has plenty of limitations to it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★