Rush for Fuel or Ammo?
Option Distribution Votes
95%
5%
0%
Total votes: 19
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Jun 2021, 03:55 AM

In coh1 and early coh2 days, everyone was rushing for fuel point and building fuel cache.

imo the plays now is for ammo, ya? no?
21 Jun 2021, 08:21 AM

Cap fuel points then all muni caches is my go to. Much to my allies irritation.

Nothing like being able to use near endless recon and shift queue an entire flank of mines.
21 Jun 2021, 11:32 AM

Well, fuel point first. But the first cashe is mostly ammo.
21 Jun 2021, 11:54 AM

Won't matter how many muni (and to a lesser extent VPs) you have if you're drowning in tanks. I see people make this mistake on Steppes all the time and usually the fuel advantage team eventually is just too much. Takes a series of miracles to beat an enemy when they have 2 or 3-1 armor advantage.
21 Jun 2021, 12:03 PM

If the muni point is free to cap, send weak combat units to cap it, and send your mainlines to fight around the fuel. That's for allies. So CE and RE cap all the way up to a muni point, while IS, Rifles and Cons go to fuel point. Care vs sturmpios/MG42s on lane-y maps. They can easily push you away.

As ostheer, usually you want your pio to spot (42 sight) as you set up the MG42 and then grens move in.

In 3v3s I've seen a lot of double sturmpios + kubel openings to great effect vs USF. Especially since Rifles are close to medium range as sturmpios, but sturmpios win if they can close in and lose max 1 model.
21 Jun 2021, 12:28 PM

all 3 are important , this poll is irrelevant
21 Jun 2021, 13:55 PM

Won't matter how many muni (and to a lesser extent VPs) you have if you're drowning in tanks. I see people make this mistake on Steppes all the time and usually the fuel advantage team eventually is just too much. Takes a series of miracles to beat an enemy when they have 2 or 3-1 armor advantage.

Miracles happen when you build mines......
21 Jun 2021, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 13:55 PMGrumpy

Miracles happen when you build mines......

Sweeper doesn't exist? In any case with enough tanks it doesn't matter how many mines you have after a point as you won't even keep the muni points or VPs or do anything except sit in your HQ. You kill 6 tanks thinking you've broken their back and there's another 8 waiting for you in a couple of minutes. And another 8 until you have no army left. Their inf force is still intact this whole time mind you.
21 Jun 2021, 17:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 12:28 PMafrrs
all 3 are important , this poll is irrelevant

Nah. VPs are not that important as an opening move. VPs are a resource that you only need 1 to win a game. Fuel/Ammo will give you eventually the VPs. This doesn't work the other way round.

Answering OP:

It depends on what you are gonna use your resources first. If you are planning on rushing a vehicle you might want to rush fuel first. On the other hand, if you want a performance boost through weapon upgrade or surprise someone with some mine/grenade, you might want munitions.

Say, you are playing Soviets, you might want first munition as you are generally more limited by mp in order to tech. Therefore you might want to be more cost effective as early as you can with your CE flamer.
21 Jun 2021, 18:03 PM

Playing a larger game mode like 4v4 requires munitions for recon and arty drops. Without these you will lose no matter how much fuel you have.

For 4v4 attack fuels. Dont get fuels? Make a fuel cache. After that munition caches are very helpful.
Pip
21 Jun 2021, 18:37 PM

I still think that stuff like this could be at least partially solved by implementing unit caps of some type. Being able to spam, like, eight panthers is the sort of thing that really ruins teamgames. (That and Arty saturation)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★