Login

russian armor

supply truck ZIS 6 from Lend-Lease

19 Jun 2021, 12:34 PM

Explain to me how zis 6 works. Which is more profitable to buy, cash for 250 or zis 6 for 200 man power?
19 Jun 2021, 12:42 PM

Zis 6 truck since it doubles the fuel and muni of a normal point. It works like an kugelblitz or opel truck from Ost and 221 from okw. it costs 50 less and you can save it if the enemy pushes to kill it and also move it across the resource points(Muni/Fuel/Normal) according to your reuqirement.
19 Jun 2021, 12:51 PM

Zis truck only benefits the owning player tho, not the team.
Best used on muni or fuel points where you can't put a chache anyway.
Also, keeps a territory connected, even if it's cut from the base.
27 Aug 2022, 16:15 PM

I checked the resource generation in replay in a game where I deployed two zis trucks and I had worse manpower than my team but better fuel and ammo.
27 Aug 2022, 16:30 PM

I truly hate these units in team games. I can’t remember if keep capture point connected for the whole team or owner when they are cut off. Aside from that they only benefit the owner and take up pop cap. So it is negatively affecting your whole team unless your floating MP or part of an arranged team with a specific goal in mind.

Edit: For Soviets it doesn’t really make sense as most of their vehicles are cheap fuel wise anyways. I understand for OST T4 or OKW heavies but Soviets seem like a waste.
27 Aug 2022, 16:45 PM

I truly hate these units in team games. I can’t remember if keep capture point connected for the whole team or owner when they are cut off. Aside from that they only benefit the owner and take up pop cap. So it is negatively affecting your whole team unless your floating MP or part of an arranged team with a specific goal in mind.

Edit: For Soviets it doesn’t really make sense as most of their vehicles are cheap fuel wise anyways. I understand for OST T4 or OKW heavies but Soviets seem like a waste.

As far as I can remember trucks do not take up pop only 223 does.

As for soviet they come with 76mm and KV-8/KV-2 that are not that "cheap fuel wise".
27 Aug 2022, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2022, 16:45 PMVipper

As far as I can remember trucks do not take up pop only 223 does.

As for soviet they come with 76mm and KV-8/KV-2 that are not that "cheap fuel wise".

I believe you are right, for some reason I though it was 3 POP but I can't remember if I am confusing 221/223 with the others.

The 76MM is only 120, fuel same or similar to most other MEDs in the game. No one needs it for those units so why would they need it for the 76MM.

The KV-8 is 145 Fuel I believe, again not much more than a regular tank despite it having heavy armor. The expended MP is better served building a cache for the team so the entire team can get tanks out a bit faster.

The KV-2 is the same price Fuel wise as the other Heavies and locked behind CP. In most high level 1v1s once most of your army is built fuel usually isn't the limiting factor, MP is. In all game modes, if you go with a double AT gun stall fuel is not a concern in the slightest.

1 truck is not really a problem, its that most players who use them abuse them and make 3 or 4. I posted a game recently where both teams had players that abused the hell out of it and by late game both players were MP starved. At work, so I can't rewatch it to check if they take POP or not.

EDIT: To clarify my stance, I think for Soviets in particular with Cons the unit itself works great as MP usually isn't a problem even though fuel is really in short supply. In team games, I think it is a bit greedy as it doesn't help the whole team.

For OST/OKW, the MP can be a bit wasteful depending on how the game is going. Any wipes to Vetted Grens will cause massive MP bleed until they can get their Vet back(same with Obers). Therefore it will delay the expensive tank anyways as you are now MP starved instead of fuel starved.
27 Aug 2022, 17:36 PM

I checked the resource generation in replay in a game where I deployed two zis trucks and I had worse manpower than my team but better fuel and ammo.

and your teammates had the exact same army composition? Same army size, same units? Elite squads & tanks have higher manpower upkeep than same popcap worth of conscripts
27 Aug 2022, 19:44 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It works like regular cash on default points and double income from special fuel and ammo points, but only for it's owner. On top of that, it prevents territory from cutoff and hardcounter close the pocket ability for whole your team.
28 Aug 2022, 12:19 PM

better than caches for pure income, but only 1 player gets the income

caches are better in team mode, trucks are better for smaller modes and if you are focusing a tank rush
28 Aug 2022, 13:08 PM

I believe you are right, for some reason I though it was 3 POP but I can't remember if I am confusing 221/223 with the others.

The 76MM is only 120, fuel same or similar to most other MEDs in the game. No one needs it for those units so why would they need it for the 76MM.

The KV-8 is 145 Fuel I believe, again not much more than a regular tank despite it having heavy armor. The expended MP is better served building a cache for the team so the entire team can get tanks out a bit faster.

The KV-2 is the same price Fuel wise as the other Heavies and locked behind CP. In most high level 1v1s once most of your army is built fuel usually isn't the limiting factor, MP is. In all game modes, if you go with a double AT gun stall fuel is not a concern in the slightest.

I simply have to disagree with your analysis.

When it comes to soviet extra can be used for an early t-70 or an early T4 both of which can reduce MP drain.

When it comes to 76mm the unit becomes powerful when in numbers that can fight even enemy heavy armor so extra fuel is helpful.

KV-8 being an AI vehicle add a heavy toll on fuel so again extra fuel is useful.

KV-2 has a high fuel cost and depending of game mode extra fuel can allow the pretense of other vehicles.

1 truck is not really a problem, its that most players who use them abuse them and make 3 or 4. I posted a game recently where both teams had players that abused the hell out of it and by late game both players were MP starved. At work, so I can't rewatch it to check if they take POP or not.

EDIT: To clarify my stance, I think for Soviets in particular with Cons the unit itself works great as MP usually isn't a problem even though fuel is really in short supply. In team games, I think it is a bit greedy as it doesn't help the whole team.

For OST/OKW, the MP can be a bit wasteful depending on how the game is going. Any wipes to Vetted Grens will cause massive MP bleed until they can get their Vet back(same with Obers). Therefore it will delay the expensive tank anyways as you are now MP starved instead of fuel starved.

In 1vs1 is rather difficult to have more than one truck, in team-games it is more efficient to build cashes first before multiple tracks.

In sort Soviet supply truck can be helpful for the faction.
11 Sep 2022, 17:48 PM

and your teammates had the exact same army composition? Same army size, same units? Elite squads & tanks have higher manpower upkeep than same popcap worth of conscripts

Ok, I didn't know that, thanks.
14 Sep 2022, 16:11 PM

your army will be limited at the start, but trucks increase BOTH fuel and munitions (with lend lease you can easily find yourself with hundreds of muni and little ways of spending it). They are manpower efficient for the player specifically and they can be used on points with caches

it is greedy, but the player in question will have a lot of fuel income, allowing for him to easily rebuild tanks that he loses, the limiting factor usually being manpower.

I think that the way you play with both industry and lend lease (in team mode) is to shit out tanks (if you have a fuel point, i think you can reach around 45 fuel per minute pretty easily, allowing for you to make a t-34 tank every 2 minutes).

also IMO the 76mm is pretty trash, I do not think it seems really worth it, KV-8 is good but you only need 1 + loses relevance once more AT is deployed.
I'd say that the only downside of the truck is that neither doctrine has any muni sink ability, so you float muni a lot, unless you love mines
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★