Login

russian armor

PTRS Penals and Soviet vs Ostheer balance

23 Jun 2021, 07:43 AM

of couse it would be stupid, but it is a fact.
You back tech t2 - buy zis gun = delay T-70 ALOT.
23 Jun 2021, 12:03 PM

you wanna see how great penals are?

Look here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1064354797?t=1h15m20s

i made around 50k dmg with them.
they made the game...overall i had nearly 100k dmg done.
23 Jun 2021, 14:11 PM

That is one of the most stupidest things I'v heard.

I'm glad you agree. Now hopefully you understand why nobody does it.
24 Jun 2021, 11:13 AM

you wanna see how great penals are?

Look here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1064354797?t=1h15m20s

i made around 50k dmg with them.
they made the game...overall i had nearly 100k dmg done.

4v4 with 1000+ ranks. No sh** you'll do a lot of dmg. Unit preservation is not a thing in that mode. You didn't really do anything special
24 Jun 2021, 17:32 PM

4v4 noob blobbers complaining about ptrs being too strong and happily ignoring what happens when 4 t34s slam their mg42, or conversely, when 3 stukas hit their mortar pit...

Lol who cares about context right?!

People scraping the bottom of the effluent barrel in this thread. Trolls as usual.
1 Jul 2021, 04:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2021, 08:51 AMKatitof

When was last time you've destroyed a tank using ONLY mines or AT nades?

All the time? 2 Riegels on top of each other deals with any medium I have seen.
Pip
1 Jul 2021, 16:28 PM

What kind of clown rank games you play for that to be a thing or actually work?

Why wouldn't it work? Even at high levels/ranks vehicles still trip mines occasionally, especially USF vehicles if they lose their RE early on.

Whether or not it's reliable enough for the cost/risk involved is another question.
1 Jul 2021, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2021, 16:28 PMPip

Why wouldn't it work? Even at high levels/ranks vehicles still trip mines occasionally, especially USF vehicles if they lose their RE early on.

Whether or not it's reliable enough for the cost/risk involved is another question.

Because.... people don't just a-move vehicle and leave it be, they'll react and retreat instantly, instead of trying to crawl forward couple of meters to roll over another mine, plus sweepers are a thing.

But then again, its some clown rank where it works for you, but I wouldn't consider something effective with assumption that opponent is literally braindead.
15 Jul 2021, 09:25 AM

penal already lost their AI power when you got PTRS upgareded.
penal with ptrs vet 3 vs gren with mg42 vet 3.
penal will lose 100%
Pip
15 Jul 2021, 14:31 PM

Because.... people don't just a-move vehicle and leave it be, they'll react and retreat instantly, instead of trying to crawl forward couple of meters to roll over another mine, plus sweepers are a thing.

But then again, its some clown rank where it works for you, but I wouldn't consider something effective with assumption that opponent is literally braindead.

People are going to react instantaneously to having hit a mine, and instantaneously begin to reverse without ever moving forward a couple more meters? They're ALWAYS going to have the vehicle selected, and not be moving infantry simultaneously to support it when it hits the mine?

They're going to do this while also contending with the inherent input lag of CoH2?

They're going to reliably do this every single time they hit a mine, without fail?

Rather optimistic.
15 Jul 2021, 16:48 PM

Only thing for russians I would like to change is make them tech up like Ostheer have to do, that way they can't instant do clown cars. One of the things that soviets always needed to be readjusted is the ability to have from the beginning both building options for their engineer, they don't need this advantage.
15 Jul 2021, 20:42 PM

Even if ptrs penals are on par with DPS compared to other AT infantry, it still lacks burst damage that shrecks and zooks have. Even with more consistent damage vs light vehicles (they are quite accurate), they still are not threatening. They can be very useful during dives, because of satchel, but that's all.

Personally I use PTRS only with Guards. Penals is too good of a combat unit to give it such weapon as PTRS for reasons listed above. If they had zooks or shreks, that would have been another story.
15 Jul 2021, 21:00 PM

it was a dumb/ ally biased idea to give ptrs penals no aim time.
they dont even need 0,2 sec to after running to shot over 45 range (more than other at handheld) and will hit mostly everytime
15 Jul 2021, 22:21 PM

it was a dumb/ ally biased idea to give ptrs penals no aim time.
they dont even need 0,2 sec to after running to shot over 45 range (more than other at handheld) and will hit mostly everytime

I don't think ptrs penals overshoot. At least have not seen a single overshot with a penal squad, while could with Guards, but it was definitely not 'hit mostly everytime' type of situation. And the amount of damage and penetration ptrs has at far range is hardly enough to be a problem. Zooks and shreks weren't a problem, then why ptrs' are?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS