Login

russian armor

E8 is still trash

PAGES (9)down
6 Jul 2021, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2021, 16:35 PMVipper

AT satchel and Sprint a combination that should be avoided...

It's an easy fix, just make them share a cooldown. Like 20secs or so, that way that can be used in conjunction. Or just give rifleman the 3 Thompson upgrade.
9 Jul 2021, 15:59 PM

ez8 needs better acceleration and mobility period. And its pathing is terrible, especially if you try to use it in a pack spinning in circles is what its best at.
9 Jul 2021, 16:07 PM

At the moment there is no point on wasting fuel on anything unless its a Jackson/Calliope

Other modes also exist. 1v1 resolves more around cost efficiency per unit and less around raw power. That is why the 76mm was such a dominant pick there, while barely ever being used in larger modes. E8 and Rifle Co seem to be doing well in 1v1 since the patch with it being the third most picked commander and USF win ratio being 49% (top 200) to 55% (all games).
https://coh2stats.com/stats?range=week&statsSource=all&type=1v1&race=usf&timeStamp=1624838400
9 Jul 2021, 17:11 PM

Other modes also exist. 1v1 resolves more around cost efficiency per unit and less around raw power. That is why the 76mm was such a dominant pick there, while barely ever being used in larger modes. E8 and Rifle Co seem to be doing well in 1v1 since the patch with it being the third most picked commander and USF win ratio being 49% (top 200) to 55% (all games).
https://coh2stats.com/stats?range=week&statsSource=all&type=1v1&race=usf&timeStamp=1624838400

Not picked, just on the loadout. I had it on my loadout since the patch now but I never use it further than the tests I did on the first week.
Not that I disagree that the Ez8 can be useful on 1vs1.

Then your analysis of USF stat are... helpless.
9 Jul 2021, 17:50 PM

I like 1v1 and play it whenever possible, however one of the best things about COH 2 is the community where often times playing well and being polite will get people to friend you on steam after a great match. Often times I log on COH 2 and get bombarded with invites so im semi-forced into multiple game modes. Sure some commanders are slightly better or worse depending on the mode but not to the extreme that USF has.

The reality is that if something is good in one mode and not used in the other then either the commander design is poor or the faction design and should be adjusted so that it can be used fairly equal in every single mode.

The goal should be to make each faction stand on its own 2 feet without the need of Commanders. If a faction needs 1 or 2 commanders to carry it in 90% of the matches then the faction itself needs work.

This is exactly why OKW was given a machine gun several years ago because it didn't matter how great certain commanders were if you were forced to pick Fortifications/Luftwaffe every single game just to be able to get the MG-34.

Give every army the basic tools, (UKF non Doc Mortar as well) each tool doesn't have to be the same but it should be an option. I would gladly pay 150 fuel for an M8 Scott that could actually destroy team weapons like the Brumbar instead of tickling them and making them move. Using the M8 Scott is like playing Whack a Mole but COH 2 version where the MG-42/Paks just move to a different spot and never disappear.

If USF Core Army was fixed then I could look at the commanders and actually have some sort of freedom like Soviets/Whermacht since those 2 factions have a complete toolkit at their disposal.

Until that gets fixed the Easy 8 (or Rifle Company) would have to either be massively overpowered to be picked over the other options(which goes back to a faction being dependent on a commander to win due to poor faction design) or be destined to just sit in a loadout looking pretty.

9 Jul 2021, 17:59 PM

Gonna repeat my last question :) : does tank commander increase accuracy of hull and coaxial MGs?
9 Jul 2021, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2021, 17:11 PMEsxile

Not picked, just on the loadout. I had it on my loadout since the patch now but I never use it further than the tests I did on the first week.
Not that I disagree that the Ez8 can be useful on 1vs1.

Then your analysis of USF stat are... helpless.

Exactly, it is in my loadout picked a couple of times and just to lazy to take it out. I usually go airborne or one of the cali commanders due to them giving something useful.

Airborne: can skip tech but still get mg or AT along with ELITE infantry, Paths can screen and set beacon
Urban: Elite infantry, flame nades that dont need to be teched, Sherman upgrade
Tactical: LMG, LV without having to fully tech up LT/CPT, AI strafe which can do lots of damage

Rifle doesn't really let you do anything different or really give you anything you don't already have. Could at least give me a gimmick, Advanced infantry training gives 3 weapon slots to Rifles.:p

On a serious note why not just use the base Sherman and just buff it for E8, has toggle for AI/AT with better stats along with armor. No Radio net to not repeat 76 spam meta, keep focused gunnery so that it hits back against heavier targets.
9 Jul 2021, 18:38 PM

Gonna repeat my last question :) : does tank commander increase accuracy of hull and coaxial MGs?

To my knowledge (unless something was changed) Tank Commander upgrades usually just apply to hardpoint 1 (Main Gun on Tank).
9 Jul 2021, 21:01 PM

we're waiting on the Mod Tools to be updated before we can see EXACTLY what Tank Commander upgrades.
23 Nov 2021, 13:45 PM

E8's a good tank but the problem is the timing. It comes out when you probably want to go for a Jackson due to it being only slightly cheaper. I think it should be made more expensive, beef it up and give it the role of tank commander with extra abilities like recon (like the UKF tank commander ability) and maybe a barrage or mark target, then it becomes very useful to combine with Jacksons and infantry.
23 Nov 2021, 13:52 PM

There was a patch some time ago that gave it a huge HP Boost as it was a glass cannon before since it used to be like paper and die in like 2 hits.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the Jackson return to that if it meant USF got the Easy 8 as a stock unit to screen for the Jackson.

At the moment there is no point on wasting fuel on anything unless its a Jackson/Calliope

Lmfao imagine that; the Scott would be tankier than the M36 hahaha.
23 Nov 2021, 13:54 PM

The M10 wouldn't get this theoretical nerf right? Then it would actually be a flanking tank. Well... compared to the M36 at least lmao.
23 Nov 2021, 14:00 PM

Tried to use the E8 in a couple of 3v3s, useless. I'd remove the focused gunnery and improve the HP to 800 (hits to kill remain the same, anti-snare is better) and armour to 240 and increase the fuel/mp price a bit. Maybe also buff the hull MG just slightly.
I'd also swap the halftrack in the commander for the mortar halftrack.
However, with that said, I understand that E8 is much more viable in 1v1s, just like the 76mm, but for anything beyond that, pointless when Jackson exists. You go for an E8 against decent opponents, you'll lose.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight