Login

russian armor

AVRE change why?

17 Jun 2021, 22:27 PM

Churchill AVRE
The following change will stop unwanted movement of the AVRE's turret when the unit is not on hold-fire.

AVRE's turret will no longer rotate to targets unless given an attack command. MGs will still engage targets within range when the unit is not on hold-fire.

-

I mean. If you're going to shoot and you don't want to have unwanted turret movement just go on hold fire.

If you need your MG shooting while your reloading, just turn hold fire off.

I liked having the AVRE before where it's able to continue tracking enemy once I clicked the enemy. MG start tracking then I can fire my cannon.
17 Jun 2021, 23:55 PM

I think the idea is to bring it in line with the Sturmpanther, whose turret only moves on command. Therefore making the AVRE more responsive.

If I remember correctly, the AVRE also uses a specific ability on the grid to shoot the petard mortar (correct me if I'm wrong).

After all, it would suck if the AVRE is aiming at some pioneers to the right of the AVRE, and there's some big blob all the way to the left, so the turret traverse prevents you from getting off a quick petard.
18 Jun 2021, 00:14 AM

I think the idea is to bring it in line with the Sturmpanther, whose turret only moves on command. (correct me if I'm wrong).

There is no sturmpanther, and the closest thing, a sturmtiger, is a casemate with no turret.
18 Jun 2021, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2021, 22:27 PMDakster
Churchill AVRE
The following change will stop unwanted movement of the AVRE's turret when the unit is not on hold-fire.

AVRE's turret will no longer rotate to targets unless given an attack command. MGs will still engage targets within range when the unit is not on hold-fire.

-

I mean. If you're going to shoot and you don't want to have unwanted turret movement just go on hold fire.

If you need your MG shooting while your reloading, just turn hold fire off.

I liked having the AVRE before where it's able to continue tracking enemy once I clicked the enemy. MG start tracking then I can fire my cannon.

It's a minor QOL improvement as it would often start tracking some unwanted target and then take forever to rotate back. The only way to get around that was to put it on hold fire but then the MG's wouldn't fire.
18 Jun 2021, 01:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2021, 00:14 AMKoRneY

There is no sturmpanther, and the closest thing, a sturmtiger, is a casemate with no turret.

You know exactly what I meant and don't pretend otherwise. But yes, you're right.
18 Jun 2021, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2021, 00:59 AMGrumpy

It's a minor QOL improvement as it would often start tracking some unwanted target and then take forever to rotate back. The only way to get around that was to put it on hold fire but then the MG's wouldn't fire.

Makes sense but honestly who cares about the Hull MG. Vary rarely is that going to be the difference between a wipe and not but hey I appreciate the balance team's continued QoL improvements.
18 Jun 2021, 03:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2021, 00:59 AMGrumpy

If I wanted to stop unwanted target. I would put hold fire on. I don't need both firemode to disable tracking.

The MG is really a who cares?
If you're just shooting up infantry while waiting to reload. Don't Hold Fire.

If you need to disable tracking, so that you can line up an AVRE shot. Why do you even care about the MG?
18 Jun 2021, 05:12 AM

Haven't tested yet, but does this change means that the AVRE can no longer fire the turret mg on the move, unless the target is directly in-front?
Imo a separate 'lock turret' ability would have been better in that case, next to hold fire.

I know you have to target enemies directly to make the Sturmpanther's mg to shoot and honestly I think this is bad design, no-one would ever waste microing capacity on targeting units one by one, especially since that stops the tank's movement. At the same time that mg could have had a few low hp model kills while going in and out to fire a rocket.
18 Jun 2021, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2021, 03:58 AMDakster

If I wanted to stop unwanted target. I would put hold fire on. I don't need both firemode to disable tracking.

The MG is really a who cares?
If you're just shooting up infantry while waiting to reload. Don't Hold Fire.

If you need to disable tracking, so that you can line up an AVRE shot. Why do you even care about the MG?

I just said why the balance team did it. I don't use the unit so don't really care about the change. You'd need one of them to reply.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★