Login

russian armor

The devs did it again... Buffed B4 into the heaven

PAGES (13)down
24 Jun 2021, 19:32 PM

Pick storm doctrine. Use smoke plane to get vision, then stuka dive bomb b-4. B-4 deleted.

I think its a bit overtuned, however, i'd only increase the vet requirements if they were to nerf it.
25 Jun 2021, 01:24 AM
25 Jun 2021, 05:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2021, 01:24 AMtheekvn

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198092064059
sure.

Thank you, that answers everything. Have a nice day.
26 Jun 2021, 00:16 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Here's a questions for the community as people argue about the B-4 203mm;

1. Would you prefer it to be tuned in its current iteration with stat adjustments. 3 shots with lower damage over a period of time.

or

2. Revert it back to what it was. 1 high damage shot.

Tuning the cooldown and the maybe reducing/removing the suppression would likely be priority on question 1.
26 Jun 2021, 00:27 AM

1. Would you prefer it to be tuned in its current iteration with stat adjustments. 3 shots with lower damage over a period of time.

or

Tuning the cooldown and the maybe reducing/removing the suppression would likely be priority on question 1.

Think the questions need rephrasing:
In your opinion should B-4 be a Ml-20 ver. 2
or
Should it have a different design/role?
26 Jun 2021, 00:28 AM

or

Imo first one over-all is better, because second option living as a meme unit, is kinda no go.

Speaking of option 1

What should be done in any case:
1) Suppresion as it is should go or be significatly lower AOE wise, since its just too impactufull for such caliber weapon.
2) Barrage cooldown should be on pair with LeFH and ML-20, meaning that shorter barrage of it should be taken into considiration and CD on ajusted accordingly.

Additional ways which could be looked at
1) Increasing its CP\Pop\Price because its just a different howi, with a different firing model, therefor there is no reason for it be mirror copy price-wise with other howis. Even if price remains the same, for sure it should come 1-2 CPs later then other howis.
2) Potentual tuning of its vet buffs\vet requirements. Due to larger AOE its significatly faster to vet up in some cases.
3) Increasing delay before each fire, so actually player will be able to manuver or at least retreat after first shot, without being nuked on retreat.
4) Lowering projectile speed itself
5) Actually leaving the suppresion at it is but reducing AOE
26 Jun 2021, 00:43 AM

or

Suppression should definitely go, unless you're using option 2.

The current B4 is about what the ML20 should have been (other than the cooldown being too short and the suppression). The ML20 should hit harder than the LEFH. Instead, it hits about the same or less and fires fewer shells.

I liked some things about the old B4 better, but randomly wiping full health mediums was extremely annoying when you're playing against it. I wouldn't mind seeing a 600 damage B4, with a direct fire that works and isn't terribly expensive. The problem with the old B4 was that it was roughly 1/3 as effective overall as the ML20, and the ML20 was slightly worse than the LEFH.
26 Jun 2021, 00:55 AM

Leave it but limit it to 1 only, or increase it's popcap significantly.
26 Jun 2021, 00:57 AM

Suppression's gotta go at bare minimum, makes even dodging it futile esp on smaller maps. If you try to stick around, the next one can land on your head. It's a lot like the problem the low angle panzerwerfer had with suppression. Others already have made good suggestions so I won't repeat what they've said. I'll also avoid saying more due to the cancerous triple premade+ B-4 spammer games I've had since the patch fouling my mood. >:(
26 Jun 2021, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2021, 00:55 AMReverb
Leave it but limit it to 1 only, or increase it's popcap significantly.
All arty should have limits - 1 or 2 per player. Limits should apply to Katy's, ML20, B4, WS, Panzerwerfers, LEFH, and Priests. UKF players should be encouraged to buy at least 5 land mattresses.
26 Jun 2021, 17:40 PM

or

I would rather it be turned into the Soviet version of the Pak 43 with the Vet 1 ability allowing it to fire a single high damage shot (with an ammo cost of course). This way it would be closer to the original design while also being useful.

26 Jun 2021, 17:49 PM

Remove suppression and increase barrage cool down by around 10 seconds?
26 Jun 2021, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2021, 00:43 AMGrumpy

The current B4 is about what the ML20 should have been (other than the cooldown being too short and the suppression). The ML20 should hit harder than the LEFH. Instead, it hits about the same or less and fires fewer shells.

I would have to agree with this. The B4 currently outshines and replaces the ML-20. Both the ML-20 and the LEFH shoot rubber rounds compared to something like the Priest. I would like to see a separation of STATIC artillery vs Mobile artillery in the sense of specialization.

So looking at mobile artillery for example, so Katyusha, Calliope, Panzerwerfer etc the main focus on those units is anti infantry/anti garrison leaving the B-4 as the only artillery piece that can damage vehicles.

I would like to see other static artillery pieces have a similar ability to damage vehicles such as the LEFH and ML-20. That doesn't mean 1 shot them like the B4, the B4 should be reserved in that role but that doesn't mean the ML-20 and LEFH should be left out in the dust vs vehicles either.

The easiest way to implement this for the ML-20/LEFH would be to add a modifier vs vehicles keeping the damage against existing targets the same while being more threatening to vehicles.

This would give people a reason to make these artillery pieces rather than just getting 2 Katyushas/Panzerwerfers and doing more reliable and consistent infantry damage with fewer risk of air strikes wiping it.
26 Jun 2021, 18:33 PM

or

Revert the entire buff and take it back to where it was, increase minimum range by 30m, increase its target size up to 50 from where it is now, halve its health and make the gun itself die when the crew dies.

There, fixed.
MMX
26 Jun 2021, 19:43 PM

Remove suppression and increase barrage cool down by around 10 seconds?

that'd be my vote as well.
26 Jun 2021, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2021, 19:43 PMMMX

that'd be my vote as well.

That would probably bring it down to the LEFH's level. I'd rather they took two shells/barrage away from the LEFH and add 20-25 seconds to the B4 cooldown as well as taking away suppression.
28 Jun 2021, 04:31 AM

can we remove suppression from b4? or add suppression to all arty.

i mean in real life, getting arty would slow you down. it is fine

but in game, the suppression in b4 is too meme with the range and damage it has.
28 Jun 2021, 05:42 AM

I'd like the B-4 to stay unique, so it doesn't flanderize into just another ML/20. I guess put it back to Meme cannon if suppression didn't cut it.

I'd prefer to balance around the suppression, having a tool to push back infantry pushes/soften to start pushes is really nice.

Otherwise, turn it into another Big AT gun. Just, don't make it just a bigger ML/20.
28 Jun 2021, 06:08 AM

I'd like the B-4 to stay unique, so it doesn't flanderize into just another ML/20. I guess put it back to Meme cannon if suppression didn't cut it.

I'd prefer to balance around the suppression, having a tool to push back infantry pushes/soften to start pushes is really nice.

Otherwise, turn it into another Big AT gun. Just, don't make it just a bigger ML/20.
The ML20 is really mediocre. I'd like it better if they made the current B4 into the new ML20 (but with a cooldown nerf and suppression removed) and then made the B4 back into a single high damage shot but buff the AOE and add suppression.
28 Jun 2021, 06:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2021, 04:31 AMmrgame2
can we remove suppression from b4? or add suppression to all arty.

i mean in real life, getting arty would slow you down. it is fine

but in game, the suppression in b4 is too meme with the range and damage it has.

Someone clearly didn't play during the Pak Howie/ISG suppression patch. lol

I think it would be fine to remove the suppression on B4 and call it a day. Right now the the suppression is just a cherry on top on what is otherwise fine damage. I don't think anyone thinks current damage on the 3 shells is bad by any means so the supression isn't really needed.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS