Login

russian armor

The devs did it again... Buffed B4 into the heaven

PAGES (13)down
20 Jun 2021, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2021, 20:57 PMGrumpy

This is your idea of a discussion?

So b4 is not op/should stay op, because LeFH used to be OP in teamgames for years? My dude, where's the logic? If there is one in your opinion, then I agree to disagree.

Also I want to play what I want, or as closely to meta as possible without being bored.

I'm pissed because the reworked B4 is effective beyond 4v4 and 3v3 and, as I've told you before, I hate picking OP crap or be forced to pick a counter to OP crap. Still remember how ISU was top tier in 2v2 and it forced axis to pick Elefants and Jagtigers. Remember picking airborne as SOV and being flamed for not picking ISU or just picking ISU because I wanted to win badly. "fun" times. And no, I don't care about 4v4 balance and have a lot of reasons why. And those reasons include arty spam and heavy tank destroyers.

This is my last reply, because this is going nowhere. I hope I made my position clear.
21 Jun 2021, 02:25 AM

new B4 OP ? no, it just Lefh vet 1 barrage with 3 shots, more damage. that all.
Is it reliable ?. Sort of, give Sov Counter attack, tank hunter a tool to ground control so players can atcually follow up (for the mother land, hoorah AT nade, IL-2 AT bomb drop etc..etc).
Problem is people's Harbit =)) . Seriously, cursed all of your old stupid playstyles.
21 Jun 2021, 07:48 AM

Its CD is really too fast.
The cost too low.
The commander around it too good. (PTRS cons, steahlt armor, stahlt AT gun, AT-callin, etc)
The counter options for axis too low and too expansive.

Give it longer CD, and axis more options to deal with it.
Not you cant build any thing outside from base sector without getting easily bombed into stone age
21 Jun 2021, 09:11 AM

If only anyone could've predicted that this B-4 change was really stupid...

If only someone could've warned us...
21 Jun 2021, 09:25 AM

If only anyone could've predicted that this B-4 change was really stupid...

If only someone could've warned us...

check youtube, they are some clip about B-4 change. Over all, it is fine. Problem come from Players playstyles
21 Jun 2021, 09:38 AM

It should not hit base sectors that's what it's needed. Being pinned down in the base is no fun.
21 Jun 2021, 10:17 AM

Its CD is really too fast.

Much longer then it was pre patch.
The cost too low.

All arty cost the same.
The commander around it too good. (PTRS cons, steahlt armor, stahlt AT gun, AT-callin, etc)

Irrelevant.
The counter options for axis too low and too expansive.

Incorrect.

Not you cant build any thing outside from base sector without getting easily bombed into stone age

Build LEFH and, brace for it, actually use it by targetting it properly instead of old "press button and forget about indirect fire for the rest of the game".
21 Jun 2021, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 10:17 AMKatitof

Build LEFH and, brace for it, actually use it by targetting it properly instead of old "press button and forget about indirect fire for the rest of the game".

Jeez, the poor guys, this is unacceptable! Just think, this is actual micro!
21 Jun 2021, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 10:26 AMredfox

Jeez, the poor guys, this is unacceptable! Just think, this is actual micro!

You may find that the overall lethality has gone up when they use it against your army directly instead of scatters off from targeting light arty, I know I have been using it so.

EDIT: Ran into a triple NSO premade running just B-4s and you could not advance one bit at all without losing squads. Weapons teams, armour, LEFH (vaporised), infantry all destroyed trying to close the distance. Got close once but they were just spamming them out. It's frankly cancerous. I just left rather than try to deal with such unpleasantness after the 6th unit destroyed.
21 Jun 2021, 12:48 PM

You may find that the overall lethality has gone up when they use it against your army directly instead of scatters off from targeting light arty, I know I have been using it so.

EDIT: Ran into a triple NSO premade running just B-4s and you could not advance one bit at all without losing squads. Weapons teams, armour, LEFH (vaporised), infantry all destroyed trying to close the distance. Got close once but they were just spamming them out. It's frankly cancerous. I just left rather than try to deal with such unpleasantness after the 6th unit destroyed.

Yeah Automatch at the moment is all Soviets spamming B4's. Literally COH 2 version of aids.
21 Jun 2021, 13:10 PM

how about prepare and pick Counter Cmdrs like Allied has to do all the time?
21 Jun 2021, 13:15 PM

how about prepare and pick Counter Cmdrs like Allied has to do all the time?

Apparently LEFH counters B-4 according to many :rofl:
21 Jun 2021, 13:53 PM

I think some certain Commander have lefh and counter tools in offer. Some others have recon+bomb
21 Jun 2021, 14:34 PM
Patrion 14

I think some certain Commander have lefh and counter tools in offer. Some others have recon+bomb

Again, it takes 4-5 minutes (assuming ZERO grenades, mines, etc) of munitions income to counter ONE B4 which can be built every ~2 minutes

And it's only a net loss for Soviets, excluding area denial, if the B4 never hits anything. And even then, it dominates the Axis' attention and demands the total use of all of their munitions resources, meaning nothing is available for grenades or mines and so on.

Also, while normally I would ignore Katitof and advise everyone to do the same, here I'll simply note that balance decisions have routinely been made since the game's release in terms of not putting too many powerful abilities all on the same commander. For obvious reasons.
21 Jun 2021, 15:04 PM

Again, it takes 4-5 minutes (assuming ZERO grenades, mines, etc) of munitions income to counter ONE B4 which can be built every ~2 minutes

And it's only a net loss for Soviets, excluding area denial, if the B4 never hits anything. And even then, it dominates the Axis' attention and demands the total use of all of their munitions resources, meaning nothing is available for grenades or mines and so on.

Isn't it the same for alies when they want to take out a Lefh. Like, the cheapest reliable combo is recon+tot is something like 250muni.

To be clear, im not comment on the power of the B4, but point is the ability to counter it is available in the same manner (if not easier) as alies when come to counter lefh.
21 Jun 2021, 15:08 PM

Also, while normally I would ignore Katitof and advise everyone to do the same, here I'll simply note that balance decisions have routinely been made since the game's release in terms of not putting too many powerful abilities all on the same commander. For obvious reasons.

Same for allies to counter LeFH. 200+ munitions regularly because ML20/mobile arty won't really counter the LeFH. Might kill the crew at most. So in essence, you're stuck with offmap + recon.
If the enemy is spamming B4s and winning, that means you are not mobile enough and/or you blob a lot so the first shell of B4 is deadly.
Enough whining.
21 Jun 2021, 15:21 PM

Rofl this a allies patch.
You try to counter b4 with lefh and b4 owns your lefh.
AHAHAHAHAHA
21 Jun 2021, 15:26 PM

Ostheer CAS shits on b4, but wait who uses close air support lol
21 Jun 2021, 15:39 PM

Wouldn't be that bad if they left in Counter Barrage but they removed Counter Barrage while making the B4 1 shot your LEFH.

The purpose of this patch is to create an as large amount of middle ground (good/viable) commanders as possible to increase commander diversity. Not to create more top meta commanders.

Meanwhile literally every single match is Soviet B4 cancer. Previous patch had more commander diversity than this patch.

Also from a design perspective they should be trying to make each Commander possibly Meta material. If something is considered meta they should bring up other commanders to match that same level of strength. Instead they half ass some commanders to make them "middle ground" intentionally causing commander imbalance and forcing different meta like how they forced the current B4 Meta or the OKW Jaeger Light Infantry meta some time ago.

21 Jun 2021, 15:49 PM

The purpose of this patch is to create an as large amount of middle ground (good/viable) commanders as possible to increase commander diversity. Not to create more top meta commanders.

This definitely worked for me. I am suddenly swimming in commanders I can use. Is it Reserve Tactics, allowing for a complete army with Sov T1 including team weapons? Is it Shock Army with T34/85 and Shocks? Is it Tank hunter with B4 and AT bombs for big team games? Sov Industry with Recon and Repair station? It's just beautiful and I'm very happy.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight