Rework in MG deployment

You think this is a good idea?
Option Distribution Votes
96%
4%
Total votes: 28
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Jun 2021, 05:57 AM

Can we have an option to disable auto MG deployment? as a high latency player i found it frustrating when the MG team leaves the building only to get auto setup and get gang banged by the shock troopers. Or we could have a temporary disabled auto deployment when the unit is getting out of the building.

Yeah we can micro this but when you are a high latency potato PC player you would be driven insane for doing this for an hour of game.
16 Jun 2021, 06:24 AM

I agree, imo all HMGs should have Hold Fire option. This would not only prevent them to auto deploy, but also to not fire when deployed as soon as they see the enemy. The point is that it would allow you to let enemies a bit closer, denying them the chance to crawl out of suppression.
16 Jun 2021, 06:57 AM

I agree. It was a good idea to put this idea here. Thank you

I have seen this happen numerous times to other players and I think this would be a quality of life improvement for the game
MMX
16 Jun 2021, 07:30 AM

this would probably be quite helpful indeed and make for a decent qol change.

i wouldn't be surprised, though, if the implementation turned out difficult or introduced a number of bugs, especially upon entering/leaving garrisons. iirc hold fire or target priorisation orders tend to get overridden for some units if you put them into a troop transport or house (e.g. püppchen). but if someone can figure out a way to make it work reliably, i'd say go for it!
16 Jun 2021, 12:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As someone who has put over 2k hours into the tools, here's my concerns.

It's easy to set a weapon to not auto setup, but not as an ability toggle; the flag isn't directly editable to my knowledge. My first thought in regards to how to accomplish this would be a literal weapon swap similar to Sherman shell swap, which may have unintended side effects like animation issues.
16 Jun 2021, 16:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Are you selecting the MG and right clicking or using the "get out of garrison" button ?
16 Jun 2021, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2021, 12:16 PMKasarov
As someone who has put over 2k hours into the tools, here's my concerns.

It's easy to set a weapon to not auto setup, but not as an ability toggle; the flag isn't directly editable to my knowledge. My first thought in regards to how to accomplish this would be a literal weapon swap similar to Sherman shell swap, which may have unintended side effects like animation issues.

Yeah because first this was mentioned to the bug fixing team and it was discussed that the HMG is working as intended for buildings. However I could see if the mods could actually make this change work it would be an appreciated change. What you just mentioned makes the situation with it sound a bit complicated to make work though

Are you selecting the MG and right clicking or using the "get out of garrison" button ?

I have certainly made that mistake in the past. Now I try to be very careful when maneuvering my HMGs in and out of garrisons
17 Jun 2021, 15:30 PM

well which one of those is the "correct" one to use?
17 Jun 2021, 15:34 PM

well which one of those is the "correct" one to use?

it is not a question or right or wrong but if give a move order to hmg it will not set upon exit until it get to the destination.

Although HMG are buggy currently and I am not sure if this will work 100%.
18 Jun 2021, 00:38 AM
Senior Caster Badge

There is away to avoid this problem you're having. When you select a garrison, press tab and right click somewhere outside the door. This will make the HMG team leave the building out of a specific window towards the location you specified without auto setting up.
19 Jun 2021, 08:21 AM

There is away to avoid this problem you're having. When you select a garrison, press tab and right click somewhere outside the door. This will make the HMG team leave the building out of a specific window towards the location you specified without auto setting up.
thankyou, you just made me save my mg team for every game im having
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS