Login

russian armor

T34 Camouflage: Bug or feature?

8 Jun 2021, 23:04 PM

I don't think one is supposed to be able to move a camouflaged T34 ... let alone at top speed. Surely this is a bug, right?

Video
8 Jun 2021, 23:32 PM

It doesn't *seem* right. Most vehicles with ambush camo (SOV ambush camo) are locked in place. However, I've never actually used the camo on t34s so I'm actually not sure. The slower speed makes it seem intentional but it would be inconsistent with other ambush camo (T70, SU-76)
9 Jun 2021, 00:46 AM

No it's a bug. I came across it a while ago when trying to meme with Dank Hunters. Didn't bring it up because didn't want to promote cheesing with it. I assume it got broken at some point and nobody noticed because nobody really uses the vehicle camo lol. It works properly in the Beta so I assume when the update goes live it'll be fixed.
9 Jun 2021, 05:13 AM

I thought it was public knowledge since Skippy featured it in his videos...

But yes, definitely a bug.
9 Jun 2021, 06:30 AM

I thought it was public knowledge since Skippy featured it in his videos...

We tried to keep it under wraps until we had a chance to fix it. Luckily all people who found out reported it personally or agreed to delete their public posts so it didn't become widespread knowledge.

Then Skippy decided to make an entire video about exploiting it. Great stuff.

At least it will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
Pip
9 Jun 2021, 11:30 AM

We tried to keep it under wraps until we had a chance to fix it. Luckily all people who found out reported it personally or agreed to delete their public posts so it didn't become widespread knowledge.

Then Skippy decided to make an entire video about exploiting it. Great stuff.

At least it will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

On the one hand, making a youtube video of major exploits for a game still under development can be a good thing, as it can prompt developers to actually fix the issue more quickly... Though for a game like this, being "developed" by a mod team with minimal code access, it's more likely to be a detriment, as you guys don't have the resources to pounce on every issue.

Given that you guys were already in the process of fixing it, all Skippy did was lower the quality of matches between his video and the eventual fix. Skippy was likely only doing it for ad revenue/content, and I'm doubtful he really cared about the ultimate impact. Bit of a poor track record from him recently.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★