Login

russian armor

Adding fires to map objects?

27 May 2021, 01:16 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Howdy folks,

I came across a burning tree in one of the stamp's in Monolithic Bacon's "Bacon Box" (circa 2014; definitely a blast from the past for us in 2021!) and I'd love to know how to set other objects on fire.

Specifically, I'd like to link a fire and smoke marker to a car. It looks great in my map but once the combat gets going there is going to be a Kennedy-like eternal flame in some non-descript hedgerow in digital USSR.

I know there's a short article about setting buildings on fire via scar coding but I don't think that's what I'm looking for. I've checked the scar file on the map i'm working on and it looks normal to me.
27 May 2021, 03:25 AM

I think Mono explains how he does trees in this Tip of the Week video found on our forum here:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/15022/worldbuilder-totw-6-burning-trees
27 May 2021, 05:26 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Take a tree or anything similar to that, that has fx files tied to it properly, that you like. And assign that object the one you want to be on fire.

This used to be the workaround when they broke doing it properly and I'd have to assume it is still broken.
27 May 2021, 17:44 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2021, 03:25 AMRosbone
I think Mono explains how he does trees in this Tip of the Week video found on our forum here:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/15022/worldbuilder-totw-6-burning-trees

Thanks Rosbone!

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2021, 05:26 AMTric
Take a tree or anything similar to that, that has fx files tied to it properly, that you like. And assign that object the one you want to be on fire.

This used to be the workaround when they broke doing it properly and I'd have to assume it is still broken.

Thanks Tric; would this object be something that someone has already done or is there a folder somewhere in WB with a handful of objects that can have fx files linked to them?
28 May 2021, 18:06 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Thanks Rosbone!

Thanks Tric; would this object be something that someone has already done or is there a folder somewhere in WB with a handful of objects that can have fx files linked to them?

There is none in the WB natively. You should open a map that already exists and stamp an object like that to then import to other maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★