Login

russian armor

Camouflages Are Not Working Properly

26 May 2021, 18:47 PM

As the title says. Here are what I have experienced in consequitive games.

> Fallschrimjager : Until vet 2, when in cover and in camouflage, the units randomly rotate and the rotation causes the camouflage to break momentarily.

> Commandos and Stormtroopers : Camouflage seems to not activate properly in green cover. The troops simply refuse to go to camouflage and they do not obey the hold fire command.

Are those only happening to me or is this some kind of new bug ?
26 May 2021, 18:58 PM

Yes, this happens since the 64bit patch. I have had the issue of snipers randomly not camouflaging despite no units being around (no wounded models from past infantry engagements nearby or recon abilities activated). Weird issue.
26 May 2021, 19:36 PM

this thing with the snipers is becouse of the cover change (so that wire stops sandbags).

As a result the cover area is noticable reduced, which is a thing i noticed instantly when trying to countersnipe.

Areas that were previous in cover suddenly arent, you basically need to hug the wall bigtime
1 Jun 2021, 02:58 AM

The ignoring hold fire command is an easy fix. You need to make sure the unit is fully reinforced before you give it a hold fire command or the models that come out after you turn on hold fire will disregard it (so reinforcing a 3 man storm trooper on hold fire => 4th man will ignore hold fire command because it was toggled before he reinforced). Not sure why that happens but it's repeatable (so is definitely the issue) and is a pretty easy fix as long as you remember to just put hold fire on after they're fully reinforced.
1 Jun 2021, 06:25 AM

Camo seems to work fine on storm and commandos, the only thing that appears to be inconsistent for me is how much time needs to pass after an engagement to regain camo. Sometimes it is near instant, sometimes I have to wait like half a minute (while sitting in cover, not engaging at all) to activate.
1 Jun 2021, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Camo seems to work fine on storm and commandos, the only thing that appears to be inconsistent for me is how much time needs to pass after an engagement to regain camo. Sometimes it is near instant, sometimes I have to wait like half a minute (while sitting in cover, not engaging at all) to activate.

Does it maybe help to walk out of cover and back in again?
I sometimes had the feeling this fixes it, however it might have been random chance since it takes a couple of seconds as well during which the game can "realize" the mistake and apply camo correctly.
1 Jun 2021, 10:57 AM

Does it maybe help to walk out of cover and back in again?
I sometimes had the feeling this fixes it, however it might have been random chance since it takes a couple of seconds as well during which the game can "realize" the mistake and apply camo correctly.

Ya, I tried that, didn't seem to help. My suspicion is that if you manage to wipe the squad that engaged your stormtroopers or commandos, then re-camoflaging is super fast, I mean immediately kicks in once the engagement crosshair from the unit's icon disappears, otherwise it takes couple of seconds afterwards.
1 Jun 2021, 12:15 PM

Especially the Fallschrimjager is incredibly annoying. Before Vet2, it is impossible to use the ambush bonus since whenever you release hold fire or right click on the enemy directly from the cover, unit will instantly rotate and break camo before striking. Also, camouflage constantly breaks momentarily for the unit while its models "chat" with each other.
1 Jun 2021, 13:31 PM

this thing with the snipers is becouse of the cover change (so that wire stops sandbags).

As a result the cover area is noticable reduced, which is a thing i noticed instantly when trying to countersnipe.

Areas that were previous in cover suddenly arent, you basically need to hug the wall bigtime

That's not really what I meant. I meant that even if you put a sniper in cover and the yellow or green shield appears sometimes the sniper doesn't seem to cloak. Or even more annoying it cloaks and then randomly loses cloak despite no order being given or recon being around (or enemy units or whatever). I think it is because even on hold fire the model can move a little (like turn around or do some other model animation) and then it destroys cloak.
1 Jun 2021, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2021, 12:15 PMJilet
Also, camouflage constantly breaks momentarily for the unit while its models "chat" with each other.

This is what I noticed aswell. They randomly break cloak sometimes because of model animations. It depends on how big the cover used for cloak is. It never happens in a large yellow cover crater for example.
2 Jun 2021, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2021, 12:15 PMJilet
Especially the Fallschrimjager is incredibly annoying. Before Vet2, it is impossible to use the ambush bonus since whenever you release hold fire or right click on the enemy directly from the cover, unit will instantly rotate and break camo before striking. Also, camouflage constantly breaks momentarily for the unit while its models "chat" with each other.

Same issue happens with support paras with the zook upgrade too. Not that it matter because they're terrible, but they must have the same camo as falls I guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS