Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Dead Rail

16 Nov 2013, 21:28 PM

Copyright201X TMW | Heisenberg. It is not allowed to publish this item on Steam except for this Steam account.

Dead Rail is a small/medium map for 2-4 player.

//Update 4 final
*fixed lamps at night
*fixed tanks can no more use footbridge
*updated minimap
+added dynamic weather and time of day
-removed night version

//Update 3
*fixed midtown better gameplay
*fixed better water
*fixed better atmosphere
+added night version
+added loading screens for both day and night versions

//Update 2
*fixed midtown buildings too big
*fixed riparian gras clipping and bad splines
+added 2 landbridges for infantry
-removed 2 footbridges

//Update 1
*fixed minimap
*fixed team spawns
*fixed player spawn 1 not enough space
+added 2 vehicle bridges
-removed 2 footbridges

Get it on Steam Workshop and leave a rating if you've enjoyed playing it ;)

Big thx to:
OnkelSam
Srinidhalaya
Skajellafetty
ofield

Low-res screenshots:

16 Nov 2013, 23:08 PM

Wow real nice dude,congrats on your first succesful attempt
17 Nov 2013, 04:35 AM

Hi
I just played a quick skirmish on the map. I like the look of it, looks like you put in some good work. It was fun.

What I liked:
- few resource points, leads to infantry play, which I like.

What I think could be improved.
1 - Minimap sizing (but you already know that issue).
2 - I think the island will need more flanking options. A few mgs or bunkers could lock it down. Or tank traps at the bridges (a la Achelous River) using the new defensive docs. That will kill the fun quickly. Better to open it to vehicles, which would still be in the theme I think you're going for. The urban setting will still make it tough to navigate tanks and will favour infantry, but larger bridges will be tougher to lock down and could lead to less defensive play.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Take it for what you think it's worth.

Cheers, thanks again for putting in all that effort on the map.
17 Nov 2013, 11:04 AM

I will try it. will be back ;)
17 Nov 2013, 12:57 PM

Thx guys! I'm trying to fix the minimap as soon as possible and do some final balancing reworks.

//New update out!
Still thankful for any bug reports ;)
17 Nov 2013, 21:21 PM

I also experienced stucking of units on the bridge... some parts of map are nice, some are not. Work on it and put the bridge more far away from the main bases
17 Nov 2013, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2013, 21:21 PMLund066
I also experienced stucking of units on the bridge... some parts of map are nice, some are not. Work on it and put the bridge more far away from the main bases

Ye, troops get stuck when they retreat because there's just 1 footbridge left on each side. I will probably add some again.
But too many bridges will make the capturing of the middle town much too easy what I did not intend there.
17 Nov 2013, 22:54 PM

Permanently Banned
there is too much houses too in the middle. You cant see behind the houses becasue they are so fcking big :DDD.
18 Nov 2013, 15:31 PM

Update #2 out.. but it can still happen that the AI gets stuck on the infantry bridges 'cause it's just not shifty enough to handle both retreatment and incoming new troops on the bridge at the same time.^^
Well, a proper mortar bombardment can fix this quickly :P
19 Nov 2013, 12:32 PM

hmmmmm, unfortunately, still trouble with minimap. for my part, I have 3/4 of the map appearing. The part with the railroad is offview
19 Nov 2013, 14:59 PM

hmmmmm, unfortunately, still trouble with minimap. for my part, I have 3/4 of the map appearing. The part with the railroad is offview

Mh.. I must admit that the minimap is not 100% perfect but if you have the latest version of the map there should be no problems, I just checked it myself :/
If you mean that parts of the factory are black because it's out of the map that's true and planed.^^
Putting the whole factory into the playable area was just to much.
However, the minimap should work fine..
24 Nov 2013, 19:25 PM

I definitely like this map,points are placed very carefuly and there is not too much of them like in the other custom maps... but the place where i see the problem is "the island" there are just too may buildings which you may enter, almost every one of them, i would place just some visual unenterable buildings and only few of them i would make enterable, and in the middle of square i would completely delete all the buildings there and place there something like park or something with covers, that would be nice
26 Nov 2013, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 19:25 PMLund066
I definitely like this map,points are placed very carefuly and there is not too much of them like in the other custom maps... but the place where i see the problem is "the island" there are just too may buildings which you may enter, almost every one of them, i would place just some visual unenterable buildings and only few of them i would make enterable, and in the middle of square i would completely delete all the buildings there and place there something like park or something with covers, that would be nice

Well, yea I think there will be another update coming soon and I'll consider your suggestions ;)
27 Nov 2013, 20:14 PM

Final update 4 is out and available on Steam Workshop as soon as Steam took care of the map stealer.
Cheers!
14 Dec 2013, 18:28 PM

I advise everyone who has puplished his/her map here before on Steam Workshop to leave a note or copy right linked with your steam account, in case somebody uploaded your map on Workshop.
This makes it much easier for Steam to comply your copy right violation request.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS