Login

russian armor

Advanced Warfare Tactics

25 Apr 2021, 14:11 PM

also its somewhat silly to compare advanced warfare to armoured assault as they are designed to do completely diffirent things.
25 Apr 2021, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2021, 22:28 PMPip

Tangentially related: A cute feature for CoH3 might be infantry uniforms/vehicle configurations visually upgrading to newer patterns as a faction techs up.

You know what, that might be neat. Lost models reinforced would get the new uniform so it doesn't just instantly swap out on the field. I don't think it should be based on tech though. Instead I think it should be based on how long the match has been going on for.
25 Apr 2021, 17:00 PM

Actually I misremembered the commanders. Advanced Warfare is different enough with Radio Intercept to be useful in a way other commanders like Shock Army doesn't have imo. It's the in between of the new shock army with it's shocks and T34-85 and something like armored assault which has radio intercept and the T34-85.
As long the IL2 Strafing Run is a decent call in I think the commander has enough legs to stand on it isn't crucial to improve it (I think other commanders in other factions need work way more than anything in Soviets now).

It's certainly better than it was but without any of the high CP abilities (KV2, IS2, IL2 bombing run, etc), there isn't any reason to pick this over other commanders.

There is already a conscript-themed commander so removing the conscript abilities and replacing them with something like an ammo drop and another off-map would make the commander much more interesting and differentiate it more from the other 22 soviet commanders.
25 Apr 2021, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2021, 17:00 PMGrumpy

It's certainly better than it was but without any of the high CP abilities (KV2, IS2, IL2 bombing run, etc), there isn't any reason to pick this over other commanders.

There is already a conscript-themed commander so removing the conscript abilities and replacing them with something like an ammo drop and another off-map would make the commander much more interesting and differentiate it more from the other 22 soviet commanders.

I think conscript support tactics and advanced warfare are different enough to warrant no changes based on that. Just for comparison with other commanders:

Conscript Repair Tactics - Shares PPSH Cons and Infantry Repair
Different as it has a different premium tank and doesn't have radio intercept.

Armored Assault Tactics - Shares Radio Intercept and T34-85
Different because of no conscript upgrades and is much more focused towards late game.

Guard Rifle Combined Arms - Shares PPSH Cons and IL2 Strafing Run
Different as it has a different premium and no radio intercept.

Now I can't convince anyone if the niche Advanced Warfare has is a good one but I do hope that shows a little bit that Advanced Warfare has a decent reason to remain as is due to it having a unique enough combination of abilities. It's the only commander that combines radio intercept with a CQC unit on top of a T34-85. Others may different strengths but I would argue this commander has the most flexible abilities to use with the radio intercept which gives it a good niche to exist in.
25 Apr 2021, 20:13 PM

I think conscript support tactics and advanced warfare are different enough to warrant no changes based on that. Just for comparison with other commanders:

Conscript Repair Tactics - Shares PPSH Cons and Infantry Repair
Different as it has a different premium tank and doesn't have radio intercept.

Armored Assault Tactics - Shares Radio Intercept and T34-85
Different because of no conscript upgrades and is much more focused towards late game.

Guard Rifle Combined Arms - Shares PPSH Cons and IL2 Strafing Run
Different as it has a different premium and no radio intercept.

Now I can't convince anyone if the niche Advanced Warfare has is a good one but I do hope that shows a little bit that Advanced Warfare has a decent reason to remain as is due to it having a unique enough combination of abilities. It's the only commander that combines radio intercept with a CQC unit on top of a T34-85. Others may different strengths but I would argue this commander has the most flexible abilities to use with the radio intercept which gives it a good niche to exist in.

I think it will be a really good commander in 1v1's with the proposed changes. My suggestions were to make it better for larger games. It's sometimes hard to guess what the balance team is thinking but maybe they're trying to create another usable commander for 1v1's.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 17
Germany 16
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %