Login

russian armor

okw is trash

21 Apr 2021, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 15:25 PMZyllen

best front line units

Very subjective. Best frontline units until about 5 minutes into the game.

no flexibility and their options are very limited in certain situations.

For the most part correct.
22 Apr 2021, 18:28 PM

gotta love this shit show of a forum... OP complains about something, 5 posts later the usual suspects manage to derail this thread into a circle jerk about who should be prom queen

vote CN and i promise you free choco :blush:

#IstandwithCN
22 Apr 2021, 18:35 PM

That concept has been thrown out of the window years ago. OKW right now is the faction with best front line units but no flexibility and their options are very limited in certain situations.

of all the things i would accuse okw of, lack of flexibility certainly wouldnt be one of them. I would bestow that upon USF or brits.
22 Apr 2021, 19:26 PM

Fair enough, but I'd argue that the best front-line units are inherently flexible, and basically create their own options.

You have mistaken flexibility for brute force. Once you understand that the okw options are very limited its very easy to dominate this faction because you know exactly what they are going to do.
22 Apr 2021, 19:28 PM

of all the things i would accuse okw of, lack of flexibility certainly wouldnt be one of them. I would bestow that upon USF or brits.

brits are inflexible but USF? WTF?
22 Apr 2021, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2021, 19:28 PMZyllen

brits are inflexible but USF? WTF?

You have one non doctrinal infantry unit, 1 AI upgrade and 1 AT upgrade to choose from. Rifles are just a killing unit, they have no utility really(obviously talking about non doctrinally).

The only officer that brings varity in utility is the major and that is really just a recon spam unit or the occasionally arty barrage OR you take it out of the game basically as a forward retreat option. The captain does bring some decent utility to the field with its supervise ability or the situational On Me! to get out of suppression.

You only have 1 medium tank to choose from or 1 tank destroyer. Sherman needs a doctrinal pick to add any type of utility, jackson brings no utility.

OKW has far more types of non doctrinal units to choose from. You want elite inf without a commander? you got it. You want a non doc heavy tank? you got it. You want a non doc rocket arty unit? you got it. you want sandbags and other utility on mainlines? you got it.

Furthermore OKW has waaaaay more of a viable doctrinal selection with fun meme but viable units or mainline alternatives etc etc.

OKW and USF are very similar but I'd give OKW the title of more flexible because of the infantry situation.

The only USF flexibility I can think of is swapping vehicle vet with vehicle crews.
22 Apr 2021, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2021, 19:26 PMZyllen

You have mistaken flexibility for brute force. Once you understand that the okw options are very limited its very easy to dominate this faction because you know exactly what they are going to do.

Really ? Because one might argue that brute force IS flexibility. After all, beating the shit out of everything pretty much resolves most conflicts. I'm open to suggestions though; how do you propose to dominate this faction in team games ?
22 Apr 2021, 21:10 PM

You have one non doctrinal infantry unit, 1 AI upgrade and 1 AT upgrade to choose from. Rifles are just a killing unit, they have no utility really(obviously talking about non doctrinally).

The only USF flexibility I can think of is swapping vehicle vet with vehicle crews.

To add onto this, at a critical junction they have to make a tech choice between LT and Captain. It's typically frowned upon to try to do both because major into tank is a big power spike.

So you choose between Strong light vehicles and an MG vs AT gun and indirect fire. No one questions if the tools are strong, but you are in fact locked out of going what you need for some time, maybe even the whole game. It's why Airborne is stronger then ever, the ability to "slightly" break that rule.
23 Apr 2021, 00:26 AM

Really ? Because one might argue that brute force IS flexibility. After all, beating the shit out of everything pretty much resolves most conflicts. I'm open to suggestions though; how do you propose to dominate this faction in team games ?

Really explain this to me then: why are the brits on the button of the charts despite being the best brute force faction. The soviets have the best way to shut the okw down. A simple at gun line with a kathusya in the back is enough to destroy 95 % of the okw tactics.
23 Apr 2021, 00:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2021, 00:26 AMZyllen

Really explain this to me then: why are the brits on the button of the charts despite being the best brute force faction. The soviets have the best way to shut the okw down. A simple at gun line with a kathusya in the back is enough to destroy 95 % of the okw tactics.

I have SERIOUS misgivings about the brits being the best brute force faction, so I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that. Aside from that, you're saying I have to play Soviets to win against OKW ? Besides all that, you're missing the point- OKW can field a pretty respectable blob before most countering units, like katyusha for example. That's what I've been saying; you don't have a chance to get to later units against the OKW blob, and if you do, they haven't been idle either and will handily destroy your armour, etc...
23 Apr 2021, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2021, 00:26 AMZyllen

Infantry spread out. Katyushas [multiple] with an AT wall [multiple] is pop heavy. You can easily flank the AT wall and can easily spread out infantry to negate damage.

"Walls" are only viable to OST on 3v3+ lane maps like Redshit express or Hamburger port. And an AT wall is super easily counterable by a stuka.
27 Apr 2021, 07:57 AM

>Most expensive healing options
>no stopgap at vehicle for tier 2
>Completely disappeared from the competitive scene
>Worst mainline infantry
Agreed, OKW is trash
27 Apr 2021, 08:08 AM

>Most expensive healing options

Cheapest if you go for BG strats, both stock combat infantries regenerates with vet.
>no stopgap at vehicle for tier 2

What's soviet stopgap AT vehicle when they go T1?
You have T0 ATG, no excuse here.
>Completely disappeared from the competitive scene

UKF would like to have a word.
>Worst mainline infantry

Best supporting infantry.
Agreed, OKW is trash

OKW players are trash.
27 Apr 2021, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2021, 08:08 AMKatitof

Cheapest if you go for BG strats, both stock combat infantries regenerates with vet.

That vet bonus comes too late, and no cheapest what? Ukf, soviets and usf are all cheaper

What's soviet stopgap AT vehicle when they go T1?

Su76 in Tier 3, or T70

UKF would like to have a word.

So you are confirming that OKW is as dead as UKF

Best supporting infantry.

Bullshit, volks are just trash compared to everything mainline

OKW players are trash.

Rich coming from a Soviet fanboy that doesn't even play the game
27 Apr 2021, 14:02 PM

#IstandwithCN

#metoo
27 Apr 2021, 14:10 PM

That vet bonus comes too late, and no cheapest what? Ukf, soviets and usf are all cheaper

Su76 in Tier 3, or T70

So you are confirming that OKW is as dead as UKF

Bullshit, volks are just trash compared to everything mainline

Rich coming from a Soviet fanboy that doesn't even play the game

T70 as AT vehicle AND OKW as dead as UKF? You went BIG.
27 Apr 2021, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2021, 14:10 PMGrumpy

T70 as AT vehicle AND OKW as dead as UKF? You went BIG.

That's enough soft at to counter every AI axis light vehicle, especially 221, so it's de facto an at option. UKF may have it worse but OKW is definetly the 2nd worst faction in live version.
27 Apr 2021, 17:31 PM

That's enough soft at to counter every AI axis light vehicle, especially 221, so it's de facto an at option. UKF may have it worse but OKW is definetly the 2nd worst faction in live version.

I think there is another problem here. You just suck at the game and don't really know how to utilize OKW strengths. Probably the type that lets sturmpios engage long range and rushes volks close range.
27 Apr 2021, 17:50 PM

I think there is another problem here. You just suck at the game and don't really know how to utilize OKW strengths. Probably the type that lets sturmpios engage long range and rushes volks close range.

Wild statement from someone so high on copium to go on violent outbursts of rage crying against "wehraboo balance team"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★