Login

russian armor

Suggest to remove pre-made commanders

16 Apr 2021, 15:15 PM

USF - Cav Rifles - Sherman Dozers - Airdropped Combat Group - M57 Drop - Butterfly Bombs
(Could sub Airdropped Combat Group out for Riflemen Field Defenses for Mines probably since the Para's would overlap with Cav Rifles)

OKW - Heat Shells - Fallschirmjäger (or JLI) - Infiltration Tactics - Panzer Commander (or Rocket Barrage) - Sector Assault
(Honorable Mentions: Smoke Recon - Spec Ops Flares (removed) - Valiant Assault (Being Nerfed)

BRITS
- Assault - Commando Glider - Vehicle Crew Repair - Command Vehicle - Valentine
(Honestly I don't know here I don't play this faction with any regularity.)

OST - Panzer Tactician - Jaeger Command Squad - New G43's (or Ass Grens) - Supply Drop Zone (This wouldn't be broken in a real commander lmao) - Light Artillery Barrage

SOV - Guards or Shocks - DShK-38 - Baby AT Gun (If you're Penals) SVT (If you're Cons) - Allied Supply Drop (Probably good in a real doctrine?) - KV1 or T-34/85 or some form of off map Ram and Bam, Ptab maybe?
(Spy Network or Radio Intercept probably not bad options but just can't find the space for 'em)

This is a terrible idea by the way, but I thought it'd be fun to attempt to build some universally best doctrines.
16 Apr 2021, 19:44 PM

Wait, this used to be a thing? Bring back COH Online!

Is there a mod that lets this be a custom game thing?
16 Apr 2021, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2021, 19:44 PMSpoof

Well, in CoHo, balance wasn't a thing.
19 Apr 2021, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2021, 20:02 PMKatitof

Well, in CoHo, balance wasn't a thing.

They had the feature where you gained more ELO (or whatever it was) if you won a disadvantaged battle.
19 Apr 2021, 01:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 01:05 AMNaOCl

go download a mod

Are there even mods that can do this?
19 Apr 2021, 03:21 AM

Guard & Shock never in the same commander is to avoid easy tactic. Any Soviet players would slap those 2 in the same commander.

Supply drop on fuel to both Tiger & Fuel, or on ammo to all kind of Zeroing arty

Soviet could have the old Industry double fuel to KV2, IS2, ISU
19 Apr 2021, 03:36 AM

Guard & Shock never in the same commander is to avoid easy tactic. Any Soviet players would slap those 2 in the same commander.

Supply drop on fuel to both Tiger & Fuel, or on ammo to all kind of Zeroing arty

Soviet could have the old Industry double fuel to KV2, IS2, ISU

imo make the CP higher of sort like if you load with two 4cp abilities, the first is open at 4cp the other one become 6cp. 50% mark up
19 Apr 2021, 03:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2021, 19:44 PMSpoof

Is there a mod that lets this be a custom game thing?

coho was based off coh1? i thought the Commander tree was pretty good. coh2 premade commander trees always felt like dlc first, improvement later.

hence i suggest to put the customisation into players hands since relic have long discarded the dlc hopes
19 Apr 2021, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 00:05 AMSpoof

They had the feature where you gained more ELO (or whatever it was) if you won a disadvantaged battle.

So, they had a normal ELO system, the very same one every other game that uses ELO has then?
19 Apr 2021, 13:52 PM

But it is a horrible idea and it would be a balancing nightmare. Not sure if anyone else played Battle for Middle-Earth II before the expansion introduced scaling costs for custom heroes, but before that, the game was amazing... if you were playing the AI. There was too much potential for abuse. There has been a long series of patches to curb abuse in this game, PLEASE don't give people the tools to implement even more.
19 Apr 2021, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 03:36 AMmrgame2

imo make the CP higher of sort like if you load with two 4cp abilities, the first is open at 4cp the other one become 6cp. 50% mark up

It would be simple to Limit CP to 25. So if you have double Heavies, it would be 24 CP.
And requirement would be full slot to use a commander (Incase players just put Ele & Tiger and call it a commander)
19 Apr 2021, 14:10 PM

I hope you guys all realize that this is just beating a dead horse by now.

CoH2 is way past it's development phase with only Relic allowing a small community team to keep supporting it in a very limited scope.

Whatever is discussed here will not happen, for better or worse so I suggest cooling down with the emotions and panic, as well as elitism of some people I would say, towards the subject matter.
19 Apr 2021, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 06:53 AMKatitof

So, they had a normal ELO system, the very same one every other game that uses ELO has then?

Because the game wasn't balanced if you were at a disadvantage you would get bonus ELO if you won.
19 Apr 2021, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 15:01 PMSpoof

Because the game wasn't balanced if you were at a disadvantage you would get bonus ELO if you won.

That's not some kind of magical equalizer, that's how ELO actually works.

And the game can't tell how imbalanced units you are using are and if the game can tell it, so can the deves and fix it.

Please stop mental gymnastics to excuse P2win CoHo had.
20 Apr 2021, 01:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 19:52 PMKatitof

That's not some kind of magical equalizer, that's how ELO actually works.

And the game can't tell how imbalanced units you are using are and if the game can tell it, so can the deves and fix it.

Please stop mental gymnastics to excuse P2win CoHo had.

The devs didn't need to fix imbalance because they would give even more bonus ELO than what is already normal in most ranked-based games. The game would rate each player's units and decide who was more favored to win. Now do you understand? I'm not even asking for this to become the automatch standard anyway, I just want a mod that can work this way.
26 Apr 2021, 09:35 AM

And who the hell are you exactly to represent the community at large lol?

You mean to tell me you're some big shot that everyone knows and agrees with, especially all of the people that don't come here but still play the game?

Also those 3 commanders already contain 1 or 2 of those only strong abilities and as somebody else already said even if this system were to be implemented like in AoE3 there wouldn't be a big meta change either way, just more freedom for people to play around and experiment with and I doubt you'd be able to prove otherwise.

Lastly I haven't seen your name or face here in a very long time and you don't have a playercard either so I suggest you get off your high horse and eat a humble pie by going to find an actual job instead of trying to be a wannabe cave troll like some other people instead.

What a salty post. EMD.
26 Apr 2021, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2021, 09:35 AMNaOCl

What a salty post. EMD.

Says the one with elitism.
27 Apr 2021, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2021, 09:35 AMNaOCl

What a salty post. EMD.

This forum is dead to me, when they unbanned Katitoff and even now someone supporting him. :clap:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★