Login

russian armor

my baby rage

14 Apr 2021, 17:02 PM

1. revert all MG formation changes. MGs should reward good placement, no machine gun should be able to just walk up and instantly set up infront of squads and suppress them unsupported. The concept of “meat shield” models is dumb, especially in MGs that instantly suppress such as .50 dhsk or MG42. at this point the game might as well be renamed company of machine guns 2, because fight now they don’t need any support to be effective, unlike previous patches where an isolated MG could be dealt with by shooting it if it wasn’t already set up. The only machine gun this change should’ve been applied to was the Maxim, because it didn’t have good suppression to begin with and you could just blob it down, and I’m ok with this MG keeping it.

2. Soviet airborne is being danced around currently, by far the worst issue in the game currently. I have absolutely no idea why this doctrine didn’t meet the same fat as the super-broken 5man gren doctrine of last patch. Keeping airborne in the previous state while removing why it was needed in the first place is unacceptable. the patch buffed this doctrine by nerfing vet 3 cons, making them more reliant on svts. The formation change made dshk invincible, and of course the ever potent IL2 rocket run (I don’t see it’s issue in team games, because the existence of the elefant, but in 1v1s this ability is BS) SVTs are 3 minute 7man cons, they SHOULD NOT HAVE SCALING POWER. Svts need to encourage a play style of strong power early game but being seen as a direct downgrade from 7man cons, but they are arguably better.

3. For the love of god nerf snipers, make them never gain sight with vet and lower their movement speed in combat so they can never be used unsupported. USF/OKW gets abused by sniper and don’t have a proper response that isn’t doctrinal, (okw has puma, but have fun going mech vs Soviet T1)

4. Remove sandbags from all mainlines. I’m pretty sure everyone would believe this to be a good change, however, volks/ conscripts(pre-7man) would need a buff to make up for the fact that they can’t make sandbags anymore. Maybe keep it on infantry sections because that’s kind of their only factional power.

BABYRAGE REEEE
14 Apr 2021, 17:10 PM

brw just to specify I mean move all sandbags to their respected factions engineers (except maybe ukf)
also on point 2. I meant that “but right now svts are seen as equal/better then 7man”
14 Apr 2021, 17:13 PM

I just want to know why the squad member behavior changed on MGs.

The 3 squad members not carrying the MG now move toward the target if you right click on it rather than giving it a setup command. I tested on an MG42, and the squad members can now get a full 20 distance ahead of the MG itself.
14 Apr 2021, 17:16 PM

3. For the love of god nerf snipers, make them never gain sight with vet and lower their movement speed in combat so they can never be used unsupported. USF/OKW gets abused by sniper and don’t have a proper response that isn’t doctrinal, (okw has puma, but have fun going mech vs Soviet T1)

I disagree that OKW does not have an answer to a sniper, you should try the kübelwagen. I manage to use it effectively vs snipers.
14 Apr 2021, 17:24 PM

I disagree that OKW does not have an answer to a sniper, you should try the kübelwagen. I manage to use it effectively vs snipers.

In what gamemode and at what rank
14 Apr 2021, 17:26 PM

I just want to know why the squad member behavior changed on MGs.

The 3 squad members not carrying the MG now move toward the target if you right click on it rather than giving it a setup command. I tested on an MG42, and the squad members can now get a full 20 distance ahead of the MG itself.

That behaviour is a bug as old as the game itself. All the new formation did was slightly enhance the issue by having them move further forward than before. Use attack move command instead to prevent it.
14 Apr 2021, 17:35 PM

Yeah good luck convincing them to lower sniper movement speed on the field. I've been trying for 1.5 year to convince them.
14 Apr 2021, 17:44 PM

Yeah good luck convincing them to lower sniper movement speed on the field. I've been trying for 1.5 year to convince them.

implying I expect anything.
14 Apr 2021, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2021, 17:24 PMAceHiro

In what gamemode and at what rank

3v3/4v4 top 300ish. Haven't played 2v2 actively in a long while, sadly cant tell you what I used to be ranked.
14 Apr 2021, 22:23 PM

That behaviour is a bug as old as the game itself. All the new formation did was slightly enhance the issue by having them move further forward than before. Use attack move command instead to prevent it.

They never went more than about 5 range ahead before. Now you can get it to 20 range ahead of the MG. Thats a massive difference in the way the unit plays. Right clicking on a unit now means its far easier to see it setting up, but gives it more self spotting, and makes it harder to wipe with explosives. None of which were intended changes as far as I know.

I don't pretend to understand the quirks of the CoH2 engine, but I'm curious why the models can't be set to self root at the beginning of the MG setting up rather than the end?
15 Apr 2021, 17:09 PM

I don't pretend to understand the quirks of the CoH2 engine, but I'm curious why the models can't be set to self root at the beginning of the MG setting up rather than the end?

Thank goodness I wasn't going crazy. I tell my MGs to help my squad out and fire at vehicle with AP rounds and they sprint out alerting the vehicle my MG is there. Or if I tell my MG to attack a squad the models run out and get gunned down instantly (because of the received accuracy of MG crews) leaving a sole gunner.

I feel like sandbags are busted but the game is sort of build around them so there doesn't seem to be an easy solution to that issue. Maybe making wire thicker and more pronounced would be a good solution because sometimes it blocks it off and other times it doesn't(for some reason?).

also I agree gut snipers. They just aren't fun.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS