Login

russian armor

OKW Salvage

12 Apr 2021, 03:37 AM

This needs a rework, it currently completely destroys full health team weapons in a matter of seconds, it either needs a longer time to kill or better, only work on husks.

The amount of effort it can take sometimes to destroy team weapons for this ability to take all that away is a bit too strong.
12 Apr 2021, 03:49 AM

You can't be serious. You realize that the surrounding area has to be devoid of any units for salvaging to work right?
12 Apr 2021, 04:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 03:49 AMSpoof
You can't be serious. You realize that the surrounding area has to be devoid of any units for salvaging to work right?

You have to to void of fire for about 4 seconds, I've shot at squads salvaging before and not killed them as they finished the salvage. It's just as risky stealing it when you have 1 man retrating, at least with that you can try and steal it back.
12 Apr 2021, 04:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 04:13 AMLatch

You have to to void of fire for about 4 seconds, I've shot at squads salvaging before and not killed them as they finished the salvage. It's just as risky stealing it when you have 1 man retrating, at least with that you can try and steal it back.

One of us seems to have bad luck. I have had full health squads wiped by a single mortar shot while salvaging. I think salvaging takes a similar amount of time to finishing it off with an AT gun or a tank. Even if salvaging is quicker it's less dangerous than destroying the weapon with AT.
12 Apr 2021, 05:12 AM

Damage dealt by a pair of AT guns, even under fire, needs a rework, it currently completely destroys full health team weapons in a matter of seconds, it either needs a longer time to kill or better, only work on husks.

The amount of effort it can take sometimes to destroy team weapons for two AT guns to take all that away is a bit too strong.

:P
12 Apr 2021, 05:16 AM

Damage dealt by a pair of AT guns, even under fire, needs a rework, it currently completely destroys full health team weapons in a matter of seconds, it either needs a longer time to kill or better, only work on husks.

The amount of effort it can take sometimes to destroy team weapons for two AT guns to take all that away is a bit too strong.

:P

I kind of like the extra accuracy on team weapons right now since it punishes out of position ATGs. Especially if they're grouped together such as in a pak wall. Pak walls are definitely a lot less durable after the change.
12 Apr 2021, 16:24 PM

Eh. I'd sooner all factions have a reliable way of removing team weapons from service than nerfing salvage.
12 Apr 2021, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 03:37 AMLatch
This needs a rework, it currently completely destroys full health team weapons in a matter of seconds, it either needs a longer time to kill or better, only work on husks.

The amount of effort it can take sometimes to destroy team weapons for this ability to take all that away is a bit too strong.

Another axis is broken thread by you.
12 Apr 2021, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 03:37 AMLatch

And replace them with caches?
14 Apr 2021, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 18:21 PMKoRneY

Another axis is broken thread by you.

Followed by another usefull post by yourself, if you have that much of a hard on for me, you're barking up the wrong tree buddy.

And replace them with caches?

Do whatever you want, just remove salvage or have it like the UKF salvage engies where you can only do it on husks.
15 Apr 2021, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 04:54 AMSpoof
Even if salvaging is quicker it's less dangerous than destroying the weapon with AT.

Oops, meant to write more dangerous.
15 Apr 2021, 00:50 AM

yea tbh allies should be able to do it to. or if not allow axis to only do it on husks also. hes kinda right as much as everyone is giving him shit for the post. u get to break down a weapon fast and get resources out of it. sometimes u can be f inch from a crew weapon and ull keep missing it
Pip
15 Apr 2021, 01:31 AM

yea tbh allies should be able to do it to. or if not allow axis to only do it on husks also. hes kinda right as much as everyone is giving him shit for the post. u get to break down a weapon fast and get resources out of it. sometimes u can be f inch from a crew weapon and ull keep missing it

Remember to attack move the weapon, rather than attack grounding. Also: Salvage is fairly quick, but it requires that your squad be on top of the item to be salvaged, and it is EXTREMELY hazardous to perform. Squads can be killed in the blink of an eye due to the incredibly potent bonuses you're given against salvaging units.
15 Apr 2021, 01:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2021, 01:31 AMPip

Remember to attack move the weapon, rather than attack grounding. Also: Salvage is fairly quick, but it requires that your squad be on top of the item to be salvaged, and it is EXTREMELY hazardous to perform. Squads can be killed in the blink of an eye due to the incredibly potent bonuses you're given against salvaging units.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 04:54 AMSpoof

One of us seems to have bad luck. I have had full health squads wiped by a single mortar shot while salvaging. I think salvaging takes a similar amount of time to finishing it off with an AT gun or a tank. Even if salvaging is quicker it's less dangerous than destroying the weapon with AT.

If someone wants to know, unless it was changed, it's 3x damage and 2x accuracy received. Which theoretically you can mitigate if you are salvaging things that provide heavy cover like AT guns. Which should put the modifiers back into neutral accuracy and 1.5x dmg.

The mortar shell is deadly cause the unit is designed around doing chip damage, which when multiplied, just puts it way over the OHK range. Small arm fire is less likely to wipe units salvaging unless you get the drop on them way before they even start to salvage.
15 Apr 2021, 06:59 AM

If someone wants to know, unless it was changed, it's 3x damage and 2x accuracy received. Which theoretically you can mitigate if you are salvaging things that provide heavy cover like AT guns. Which should put the modifiers back into neutral accuracy and 1.5x dmg.

The mortar shell is deadly cause the unit is designed around doing chip damage, which when multiplied, just puts it way over the OHK range. Small arm fire is less likely to wipe units salvaging unless you get the drop on them way before they even start to salvage.

This is where my gripe comes with and I wondered why I wasn't wiping like people are mentioning. I have hat AT guns salvaged fully whilst a squad firing only drops a few models and they destroy the team weapon, no way to get it back, just gone, vanished (along with fuel from an mg....)
15 Apr 2021, 07:16 AM

Objectively the only time salvage is really a deal breaker is when either you lost your support weapon before the AT guns and if your support weapon was killed on retreat somewhere behind your lines.

If you lost support weapon somewhere on the front line, chances it will be destoyed by AT guns are just as big.

Other then that, yes it is strong, but hey OKW is not allowed to have caches.
15 Apr 2021, 18:02 PM

Objectively the only time salvage is really a deal breaker is when either you lost your support weapon before the AT guns and if your support weapon was killed on retreat somewhere behind your lines.

If you lost support weapon somewhere on the front line, chances it will be destoyed by AT guns are just as big.

Other then that, yes it is strong, but hey OKW is not allowed to have caches.

They don't have caches no, but saying that opens up a massive can of worms, ala:

- Non doc heavy
- T0 AT that can retreat

So on and so forth, id rather have salvage than caches I will tell you that for nothing.

Just watch this video:

(timestamped here: https://youtu.be/al8Y0sQKITU?t=17)
15 Apr 2021, 18:28 PM

I kinda agree with OP, i always though that salvage is a very cheesy way to deny your opponent to re-capture his team weapons if you dont want/cant pick them up.

Specially in 1v1 salvage is alot stronger than caches and if you pay attention to your squad it is 100% upside to have this ability available.

BUT okw really doesnt need nerfs atm
16 Apr 2021, 02:22 AM

Is it possible to remove the cover buff from AT guns when salvaging?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★