Login

russian armor

The most disappointing tank is the tiger

9 Apr 2021, 18:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2021, 15:34 PMPip

Not certain why you consider disagreement some sort of mortal sin.

People fear having their point of views challenged.

If i want one thing out of any "rework" or new balance pass on heavies, is to remove the extended range at vet2 and give them strengths/buffs in other areas as needed.
Pip
9 Apr 2021, 19:03 PM

If i want one thing out of any "rework" or new balance pass on heavies, is to remove the extended range at vet2 and give them strengths/buffs in other areas as needed.

Is with the intention of standardising Heavy range at 40, 45, or keeping them at their current state of either being 40/45 and simply not improving from there at veterancy?

I'm assuming it's all these vehicles making it to 50 range that's your issue? If so, that's understandable. I expect there would be room to make Heavies a little less underwhelming if this was changed.
9 Apr 2021, 19:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2021, 19:03 PMPip

Is with the intention of standardising Heavy range at 40, 45, or keeping them at their current state of either being 40/45 and simply not improving from there at veterancy?

I'm assuming it's all these vehicles making it to 50 range that's your issue? If so, that's understandable. I expect there would be room to make Heavies a little less underwhelming if this was changed.

Because i feel it's day and night when the Tiger and IS2 manage to get vet2. It also makes their counters less effective, specially for OH vs IS2 when their stock vehicle options are either the Stug/Panther, both units with the same range.
Improve/make them good at what they already are. Not reduce the effectiveness of their counters.

This is one of the things i disliked since 2013. Maybe some day. In the same way i thought that one of the only things that PG needed to be relevant was changing their vet1 to RA. A man can dream.
Pip
9 Apr 2021, 19:21 PM

Because i feel it's day and night when the Tiger and IS2 manage to get vet2. It also makes their counters less effective, specially for OH vs IS2 when their stock vehicle options are either the Stug/Panther, both units with the same range.
Improve/make them good at what they already are. Not reduce the effectiveness of their counters.

This is one of the things i disliked since 2013. Maybe some day. In the same way i thought that one of the only things that PG needed to be relevant was changing their vet1 to RA. A man can dream.

This is fair, and If I'm honest I think I'm inclined to agree. The specific OST comparison is interesting, and it isnt something I'd previously considered.

Got any specific ideas in mind, or is this more a case of "General sentiment"?

What even is the role that "Heavy" tanks are even meant to fill, anyway? I've never been 100% sure. "Premium premium medium"?
9 Apr 2021, 19:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2021, 19:21 PMPip

This is fair, and If I'm honest I think I'm inclined to agree. The specific OST comparison is interesting, and it isnt something I'd previously considered.

Got any specific ideas in mind, or is this more a case of "General sentiment"?

What even is the role that "Heavy" tanks are even meant to fill, anyway? I've never been 100% sure. "Premium premium medium"?

In case of vet2, that's more a design/general sentiment for quite a long time.

As far as what they actually need atm outside of that dunno. It can be approach from multiple directions.

As far as what constitutes a heavy, i think the easiest way to put it, is a vehicle which will not be burst down in single reload cycle from 2 160dmg sources + having decent firepower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak