Login

russian armor

The most disappointing tank is the tiger

7 Apr 2021, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2021, 10:48 AMTygrys

If it was an actual Achilles then it would've been decent.

Both variants of the M10 in British service with the 76mm gun and 17 pounder were called Achilles so it is the actual one.

If you don't believe me you may feel free to look it up for yourself.
7 Apr 2021, 11:26 AM

Both variants of the M10 in British service with the 76mm gun and 17 pounder were called Achilles so it is the actual one.

If you don't believe me you may feel free to look it up for yourself.

I know that but do you honestly want me to believe that when you hear Achilles first thing you think of is the 3 inch M10? The only reason it's a Wolverine and not a 17pdr Achilles is relic's laziness to make a different turret.
7 Apr 2021, 12:50 PM

For me it would be ok to increase the number on field to 2, instead of only 1. Maybe increase cost for 2nd Tiger by 20-30%. Maybe then I would start playing these commanders again.

The needed pop will be more or less a balancing-factor.
7 Apr 2021, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2021, 11:26 AMTygrys

I know that but do you honestly want me to believe that when you hear Achilles first thing you think of is the 3 inch M10? The only reason it's a Wolverine and not a 17pdr Achilles is relic's laziness to make a different turret.

While a new turret with a bigger counterbalance would be nice is not really needed.

The problem is that we can't just simply replace the 76mm gun with that of the 17 pounder like on the Firefly since we can't edit or add in new models because as you said, Relic.
7 Apr 2021, 19:25 PM

No I can assure you this.

The most disappointing thank is the M10 'Achilles' from the UKF.

I don't even see the point of it existing.
Waste of a skill slot just like "Elite Vehicle Crews Upgrade"

Ironically if you look at its stats and compare them to similarly priced vehicles you'll see that the M10 is one of the most cost efficient units in the whole game.
7 Apr 2021, 19:29 PM

Ironically if you look at its stats and compare them to similarly priced vehicles you'll see that the M10 is one of the most cost efficient units in the whole game.

If so, I still would use wolverine with vehicle crew rather than Archiles with hatch welded.
7 Apr 2021, 19:40 PM

If so, I still would use wolverine with vehicle crew rather than Archiles with hatch welded.

If you want the ability to self-repair and capture points then I suggest you go for something like Vanguard.

Sadly as much as vehicle/tank crews are a new and unique, novel feature they're also very prone to being abused and exploited as well which is not as easily fixed in my opinion.
7 Apr 2021, 19:46 PM

Its worse than a panzer 4 nuff said.

It´s big, it can´t hit, it cant do shit.

You pay 640 manpower and 230 fuel and 21 popcap for something that is worse than a p4.

Puuuha

ive been mulling over the changes you proposed and while its clear you put all the thought you could muster into them, i just dont think it will make much difference on the way the tiger is used or its outcome. i feel like the balance team would waste as much time putting your carefully crafted solution into play as i feel i did reading your extensive list of proposed changes.
7 Apr 2021, 19:56 PM

ive been mulling over the changes you proposed and while its clear you put all the thought you could muster into them, i just dont think it will make much difference on the way the tiger is used or its outcome. i feel like the balance team would waste as much time putting your carefully crafted solution into play as i feel i did reading your extensive list of proposed changes.

Well, for changes to the Tiger specifically or Tiger doctrines they could do an S-mine launcher ability when it reaches vet 1 or 2 that would act similar to the Sturmtiger one or more like the Tiger Ace one from the old CoH.

Alternatively there could be a Command Tiger that would be unique in the sense that it comes with with a Commander that can be toggled on and off and also be shot of course to give buffs to infantry or vehicles/tanks around it but at the cost of it's accuracy and reload times (due to all of the extra radios and the commander focusing more on commanding your Army rather than the tank). That or function similarly to the OKW tank commander.

And then there's the King Tiger would also be another unique replacement for the Tiger in certain doctrines, voices could be used from the regular Tiger and it fits, I've even tested it myself here:

The only question is what the community team are willing to change, that's all. Otherwise there's plenty of options and I'd probably need a whole day to list them all.
7 Apr 2021, 20:06 PM

Well, for changes to the Tiger specifically or Tiger doctrines they could do an S-mine launcher ability when it reaches vet 1 or 2 that would act similar to the Sturmtiger one or more like the Tiger Ace one from the old CoH.

Alternatively there could be a Command Tiger that would be unique in the sense that it comes with with a Commander that can be toggled on and off and also be shot of course to give buffs to infantry or vehicles/tanks around it but at the cost of it's accuracy and reload times (due to all of the extra radios and the commander focusing more on commanding your Army rather than the tank). That or function similarly to the OKW tank commander.

And then there's the King Tiger would also be another unique replacement for the Tiger in certain doctrines, voices could be used from the regular Tiger and it fits, I've even tested it myself here:

The only question is what the community team are willing to change, that's all. Otherwise there's plenty of options and I'd probably need a whole day to list them all.

i like your ideas (and especially the fact that you HAVE some unlike the OP...)
i quite like the idea of the KT in theory, but it kinda feels like more homogenization between 2 already less distinct factions than at inception

a vet change from the neutered blitz could be nice on the tiger. your s-mine idea would be interesting, though i feel it gets so zoned out by TDs that a close quarters ability would be lost to obscurity....

i always thought something like tank fright or whatever the ability the brits from coh:of had would be nice on a tiger, but instead of just proximity, also the cannon and maybe even machine guns. it would allow its presence to help the surrounding army in a way the captures ostheer and also keeps the spirit of the feared tiger intact and unique.
7 Apr 2021, 20:20 PM

i like your ideas (and especially the fact that you HAVE some unlike the OP...)
i quite like the idea of the KT in theory, but it kinda feels like more homogenization between 2 already less distinct factions than at inception

a vet change from the neutered blitz could be nice on the tiger. your s-mine idea would be interesting, though i feel it gets so zoned out by TDs that a close quarters ability would be lost to obscurity....

i always thought something like tank fright or whatever the ability the brits from coh:of had would be nice on a tiger, but instead of just proximity, also the cannon and maybe even machine guns. it would allow its presence to help the surrounding army in a way the captures ostheer and also keeps the spirit of the feared tiger intact and unique.

There's plenty of things that can be picked up from the CoH Tiger Ace, more of which you can view here: https://companyofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Tiger_Tank_"205";

My s-mine launcher and your "tank shock" are both from there, as is the Tiger Ace self-repair ability and Panzer Tactician's smoke as well.

Other things are flank speed which is Blitzkrieg here, call in artillery barrage which is in the OKW Tank Commander, open and close commander hatch from where my "command mode" toggle ability is from, Load HE/AP rounds is already implemented in USF tanks.

Again as I already said plenty of options to look at, question is what people are willing to do exactly.
7 Apr 2021, 20:26 PM

There's plenty of things that can be picked up from the CoH Tiger Ace, more of which you can view here: https://companyofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Tiger_Tank_"205";

My s-mine launcher and your "tank shock" are both from there, as is the Tiger Ace self-repair ability and Panzer Tactician's smoke as well.

Other things are flank speed which is Blitzkrieg here, call in artillery barrage which is in the OKW Tank Commander, open and close commander hatch from where my "command mode" toggle ability is from, Load HE/AP rounds is already implemented in USF tanks.

Again as I already said plenty of options to look at, question is what people are willing to do exactly.

i agree there are many options, my initial post was more calling out the OP for providing none despite that. i welcome any discussions that may give the BT ideas and abhor threads started that dont even bother to try
8 Apr 2021, 00:57 AM

I feel like it's still pretty good especially with coming patch
8 Apr 2021, 17:01 PM

they nerf whats supposed to be good, and whats supposed to be bad they buff
9 Apr 2021, 08:15 AM

Tiger with smoke ability is actually pretty damn strong.
It make up for is lack of mobility.
On the other hand the okw tiger can't have smoke, can't have command panzer ability, so yes it doesnt feel like a good 630mp 230 fuel invesment.
Still a lot better than pershing ;D

pershing is great in 2v2, easily best all rounder call in. probably good in 1v1 too

it does suck in 4v4
9 Apr 2021, 12:47 PM

Tiger 1 can put reliable hurt into enemy infantry, because of its supreme scatter (p4 has a tendency to overshoot quite a bit). Has good ROF, more range, 60% more health and good frontal armor etc. Although it eats a lot of popcap tho and can be countered pretty easily. If you have enough micro it is definitely not worth over mediums. Although it could be said about any super heavy in the game, apart from maybe KV2 and KT.
9 Apr 2021, 13:48 PM

Tiger is the most terrible tank in game. But thats what they always do to good units - make supposed to be good units terrible and make trash units overpowered. Thats why all anti infantry tanks are worse at killing infantry than regular tanks - great example for that is the KV8 and Ostwind
Pip
9 Apr 2021, 15:00 PM

Tiger is the most terrible tank in game. But thats what they always do to good units - make supposed to be good units terrible and make trash units overpowered. Thats why all anti infantry tanks are worse at killing infantry than regular tanks - great example for that is the KV8 and Ostwind

Neither the KV-8 nor the Ostwind are bad at tackling infantry targets. The Ostwind chews infantry to pieces, and the KV-8 does fantastic HP damage to squads.
9 Apr 2021, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2021, 15:00 PMPip

Neither the KV-8 nor the Ostwind are bad at tackling infantry targets. The Ostwind chews infantry to pieces, and the KV-8 does fantastic HP damage to squads.

muted
Pip
9 Apr 2021, 15:34 PM

muted

Not certain why you consider disagreement some sort of mortal sin.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 6
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %