Login

russian armor

The current state of infantry - DPS and Utility

7 Apr 2021, 19:48 PM

And nothing will change, because sight range is still 35 and the only blobs HMGs don't stop are the ones that were not spotted from max range when HMG was not in green cover with gunner himself being targeted first, which is not the case with current formations.

Are formations working properly or does it have something to do with cover properties? I noticed when cover is involved or near cover they seem to abandon the whole "infantry in front" formation.
7 Apr 2021, 19:50 PM

Are formations working properly or does it have something to do with cover properties? I noticed when cover is involved or near cover they seem to abandon the whole "infantry in front" formation.

Setup weapon slightly behind the cover, crew will take it and gun will stay behind.
7 Apr 2021, 20:00 PM

I like EFA ideal of trading innate combat ability for utility in infantry.IE Cons have more utility but less combat power than Penals (In theory) and Grens have high utility but need good support weapon management to truly shine in combat. Problem with WFA and UKF is that I feel like those factions are make or break on their mainlines which fill both roles as a strong base combatant while also providing utility.

As for the bolster question I would totally be interested in seeing bolster take up a weapon slot. However I have a feeling that trying to balance 4ish different states of IS (base 4 man, base 5 man, double bren 4 man, single bren 5 man) might be a nightmare.
11 Apr 2021, 08:01 AM

In regards to punishing blobs and MGs specifically, i think it has been overlooked for quite a long time that MGs don't get RA with vet. As well as the fact that light cover created by small explosives exist and that provides so much RA and suppression protection almost passively.

With or without RA, MGs get insta gibbed later on in a match which makes Veterancy and building them rather pointless. ALL MGs should get some form of damage reduction either through vet or tech or made more mobile (instant retreat like normal infantry) even if it means nerfing the suppression across the board because if a Blob charged an MG head on, The MG will die and can't even retreat. Either way they need some form of help so they can last later on and not be a liability since you end up giving the enemy a free MG as well due to being unable to retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★