Login

russian armor

COH2stats.com match and player statistics 2.0

PAGES (13)down
6 May 2021, 22:11 PM

I think UKF play rates in general are bolstered because they are actually a LOT of fun to play.

I disagree with this. The faction is just incomplete and still to this day broken (I do NOT mean OP by that). I neither have fun getting slaughtered by Infantry Sections early game nor when getting my Infantry Sections get absolutely laughed at by a 222 or Luchs. The faction relies on weird gimmicky units like UC, Churchill, Infantry Sections to be alive just because they are not given enough tools to do actual fun and expectable stuff.

That's why, as long as UKF doesn't get a complete overhaul -for me at least- it will remain not liked either if I am playing it or facing it.
6 May 2021, 22:17 PM

Also, USF having 11k games played in April, whereas OKW has 21k is... :(
Sure there are 2 axis factions and 3 allies, but it's 3v3, not 1v1. And as long as there is at least one USF player in the game, then it's added to this list. 11k Only.... really sad

Of course OKW has more played matched in these statistics. The total number of matches listed is a limited set of 39.988 and not the total amount of matches in the entire game. This is only about 8% of total matches according to the site itself. Obviously OKW and OST will have more matches than the Allied factions, because the 40k matches are split up over two rather than three factions. Because they are only a (top) slice of the statistics of all matches, these absolute numbers say nothing about their popularity.

The only thing that does is the distribution of matches between each respective side, which is about 50/50 for Axis and 30/40/30 for Allies, which can be used as an indication of faction popularity only within one side. The Allied ratio is hardly surprising because the Soviets are simply the easiest and most complete Allied faction to play, with all necessary basic tools available stock.
6 May 2021, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2021, 22:11 PMJilet

Snip

UKF has a bucket of incredibly unique and interesting tools, even though most of them have been diluted or nerfed.

Base Arty is a lot of fun and with Anvil its a LOT of shells even if they don't do very much and can't be used vs MGs anymore. Engi snares is a great concept, even if engies kinda suck too much. Good Allied tanks feels really nice, even if overly pop intensive. The emplacements feel fantastic, even if easily hard countered. The AO is a GREAT concept, a unique officer with unique stuff, even if undertuned. The Valentine + Sexton combo is just super satisfying. Oogah Boogah commandos feel actually sneaky and punchy, I actually do proper stealth raids with them.

Feedback from results makes actions feel good. Its a base reality. And when UKF works, it's AMAZING. UKF just doesn't work often due to all the weaknesses and gapping design holes.
6 May 2021, 23:48 PM

Of course OKW has more played matched in these statistics. The total number of matches listed is a limited set of 39.988 and not the total amount of matches in the entire game. This is only about 8% of total matches according to the site itself. Obviously OKW and OST will have more matches than the Allied factions, because the 40k matches are split up over two rather than three factions. Because they are only a (top) slice of the statistics of all matches, these absolute numbers say nothing about their popularity.

The only thing that does is the distribution of matches between each respective side, which is about 50/50 for Axis and 30/40/30 for Allies, which can be used as an indication of faction popularity only within one side. The Allied ratio is hardly surprising because the Soviets are simply the easiest and most complete Allied faction to play, with all necessary basic tools available stock.

I'm not talking about popularity, just the absolute lowest number of USF in teamgames. Of course you're right but that was not my point mate.
7 May 2021, 00:08 AM

Base Arty is a lot of fun and with Anvil its a LOT of shells even if they don't do very much and can't be used vs MGs anymore.

Agreed.

Engi snares is a great concept, even if engies kinda suck too much. Good Allied tanks feels really nice, even if overly pop intensive.

Kind of agreed.
They still have the second best engineer in the game and they are debatable best late game with anvil. Also, I'm perfectly fine with Comet, its phosphorus shells etc but not the ultimate gimmick tank that is Churchill.

The emplacements feel fantastic, even if easily hard countered. The AO is a GREAT concept, a unique officer with unique stuff, even if undertuned.

The emplacements are a horrible concept will remain that way for any strategy game.Also, assault officer is definitely not "undertuned".

For the arty, I agree.

EDIT: Realised that we are derailing the thread so maybe we speak about those later on some different thread about UKF.
19 May 2021, 17:44 PM

Hi guys

New feature has been just released. Team composition win-rate matrix.
The feature is not in the state where I would like it to be but the main thing has been done for couple of days now and I don't think I will have time to make it as I imagined anytime soon.

https://coh2stats.com/stats/week/1620604800/3v3/wermacht?statsSource=all

I tried to stressed this more on the site add more warnings that the results might not be precise and it even more applies with this feature, because:
  • It combines arranged teams and random teams. We don't have a way to distinguish between these types of matches.
  • Some combinations has very LOW amount of games, so the win-rate can't be taken seriously in those cases!!

But I think this is extremely interesting. Did you know that in 3v3, 4v4 the teams full of Wehrmacht players have low win-rate? But it could be caused by the fact that these combinations are more common in "random" teams vs more balanced combinations are often arranged teams. o_O

But there is no excuse in 1v1, 2v2*

This feature is available only for the data from May+.
19 May 2021, 17:58 PM

THAT'S way cool. Quick takeaways, USF is incredible at 3v3, UKF is... bad, and somehow a balanced mixed comp is the best in 4v4 for both Allies and Axis. Its pretty significant.

Jesus, 2v2 looks problematic. All matchups with UKF are 45% or less, more UKF more bad. Soviets look pretty close, if still weak. The exception is double USF, which seems to hard counter homogenous axis teams.

The 1v1 stats look amazingly balanced, with UKF in front. Has some top UKF mains gone crazy lately? Normally UKF is 45% or less 1v1.
19 May 2021, 18:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In case someone else was initially confused as I, it's W for Ostheer (Wehrmacht) and O for OKW.

Slightly confusing when OKW is listed as WGerman.
19 May 2021, 18:11 PM

In case someone else was initially confused as I, it's W for Ostheer (Wehrmacht) and O for OKW.

OKW iz ze wurst germany.
19 May 2021, 18:22 PM

THAT'S way cool. Quick takeaways, USF is incredible at 3v3, UKF is... bad, and somehow a balanced mixed comp is the best in 4v4 for both Allies and Axis. Its pretty significant.

Jesus, 2v2 looks problematic. All matchups with UKF are 45% or less, more UKF more bad. Soviets look pretty close, if still weak. The exception is double USF, which seems to hard counter homogenous axis teams.

The 1v1 stats look amazingly balanced, with UKF in front. Has some top UKF mains gone crazy lately? Normally UKF is 45% or less 1v1.

Yeah the 2v2 looks heavily for Axis but if you look at previous week the USF didn't have such good results. Will know more from month stats.

Yes it's extremely confusing because Relic wasn't set on the name either. In the API/Source Code/Game they are mixing all these names together ... :S
24 May 2021, 12:51 PM

how about some win rates on maps? that would be interesting I think.
5 Jul 2021, 21:22 PM

Hello guys

I am happy to announce new features/changes on the site.

Custom Range Analysis
- You can now select any date range you like
- In case the analysis spans across multiple patches, you will be notified

This feature required re-work of the URL path which now looks completely different.
All the old links to the stats should be automatically redirect to the new format but make sure that from now on you share only the new links.

And now finally:
Stats for the Winter Balance Patch 2021:
(we are missing ~10 days of stats, we started logging in March)
https://coh2stats.com/stats?range=range&statsSource=all&type=4v4&race=wermacht&fromTimeStamp=1615161600&toTimeStamp=1623715200

Stats for the Commander Update 2021:
https://coh2stats.com/stats?range=range&statsSource=all&type=4v4&race=wermacht&fromTimeStamp=1623801600&toTimeStamp=1625356800
6 Jul 2021, 09:43 AM

6 Jul 2021, 10:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2021, 21:22 PMpagep

This feature required re-work of the URL path which now looks completely different.
All the old links to the stats should be automatically redirect to the new format but make sure that from now on you share only the new links.

Thanks especially for going the extra mile to not make old discussions look idiotic because non of the links work anymore!

Great addition, being able to select data for a whole patch is really, really cool.
6 Jul 2021, 21:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As always, kudos for the effort put into this project.
7 Jul 2021, 19:08 PM

Nice update, seems like post patch win ratios are heading in the right direction across pretty much all modes.
17 Jul 2021, 19:29 PM

Nice update, seems like post patch win ratios are heading in the right direction across pretty much all modes.

Balance in 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 seems okay. However:

21-07-04 to 21-07-17
Top 200 4v4 win ratios

UKF 29.2%
Soviet 33.2%
USF 38.8%
Ost 62.7%
OKW 69.1%

According to the bulk of the posts here, the Sturmtiger is trash, B4 has been buffed to the high heavens, and the Easy 8 is fine. In short, most people agree with you that the ratios are heading in the right direction.
17 Jul 2021, 19:37 PM

i knew i wasnt imagining that axis are abit harder to deal with this patch in team games.
18 Jul 2021, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2021, 19:37 PMDAZ187
i knew i wasnt imagining that axis are abit harder to deal with this patch in team games.

It's mostly in 4v4's where the problem exists. A single Sturmtiger on a map where you can flank isn't a big deal. However, double Sturmtigers that can back into an AT wall is really difficult. I've had several games as a random where I see the other side collapse, then see the double Sturmtigers. I've had it happen to me a couple times. The extra range means that it will wipe squads from the fog of war with no chance to react. Maps with lots of sight blockers become unplayable and their isn't enough vetoes.

Also, the Walking Stuka scales too well also, but that is unchanged. The all-or-nothing nature caused them to balance it so that it hits really hard, when it hits. That's fine in a 2v2 or 3v3. It never seems to bother me in those games, but in a 4v4, units are so clumped that they always seem to hit something. It will often wipe a full health Vet 3 7-man con, then the game starts going downhill fast.

18 Jul 2021, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2021, 19:29 PMGrumpy
However:

21-07-04 to 21-07-17
Top 200 4v4 win ratios

UKF 29.2%
Soviet 33.2%
USF 38.8%
Ost 62.7%
OKW 69.1%

You're looking at a super small sample size of 150 games here, which is not conclusive data at all. The data from these small numbers of games swings wildly. For example 3v3 top 200 with 277 games from 16-06 to 18-07 shows the complete opposite with Allies on 60-64% wr. The data only starts being reliable at sample sizes of like 3000-5000 games minimum.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS