Login

russian armor

COH2stats.com match and player statistics 2.0

PAGES (13)down
1 Mar 2023, 02:36 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

CoH3 stats is out already by the way, everyone make sure to bookmark the ladders or your playercard in the browser:

https://coh3stats.com/leaderboards?race=american&type=1v1

Amazing job pagep! :thumb:

am I to understand that these leaderboards are not generated by Relic, someone in the community has to pull data from COH3 to make this visible?
1 Mar 2023, 10:34 AM

am I to understand that these leaderboards are not generated by Relic, someone in the community has to pull data from COH3 to make this visible?

I kinda get that. I doubt you get a lot of money for implementing such features which a community member can access if you just give them the API and the data. They don't spend resources on such trivialities, and the community can have what it wants, the way it wants it.
Same as how people hire mapmakers to create maps. Why draw from a pool of a couple of dozen people to design and balance the maps, when you can have potentially hundreds of people do it for you, for a couple of perks (skins, dlc maybe or stuff like that, I don't know what Relic gave you for COH2 mapmaking, if anything).
1 Mar 2023, 11:38 AM

Yes, Relic could not pull it off over the course of 5 years but PageP and crew got it going in a matter of days.
1 Mar 2023, 11:38 AM

No, Relic made their own ladders since day 1 as well

https://leaderboards.companyofheroes.com/
1 Mar 2023, 11:46 AM

Same as how people hire mapmakers to create maps. Why draw from a pool of a couple of dozen people to design and balance the maps, when you can have potentially hundreds of people do it for you, for a couple of perks (skins, dlc maybe or stuff like that, I don't know what Relic gave you for COH2 mapmaking, if anything).

Uhhhhh all I got from relic after working for 1000's of hours on updating maps for map patches was "Excuse me, I dont even know your name. Who the fook are you?"

Community members: "So what about this top secret Coh3? I guess Coh2 will be dead when this comes out?"
Me: "Coh3? What are you talking about?"
Community members: "Relic did not contact you to check it out or look at maps or anything?"
Me: " Nope."
Community members: "All I did was help them once for a couple hours, you have like 100's of hours that you worked for them and have some of the most played maps in the game?"
Me: "Well, thats Relic for you. Dont know their ass from a hole in the ground. F'ing morons."

But yeah, you new guys keep making maps for them. Enjoy.
1 Mar 2023, 13:47 PM

Uhhhhh all I got from relic after working for 1000's of hours on updating maps for map patches was "Excuse me, I dont even know your name. Who the fook are you?"

Community members: "So what about this top secret Coh3? I guess Coh2 will be dead when this comes out?"
Me: "Coh3? What are you talking about?"
Community members: "Relic did not contact you to check it out or look at maps or anything?"
Me: " Nope."
Community members: "All I did was help them once for a couple hours, you have like 100's of hours that you worked for them and have some of the most played maps in the game?"
Me: "Well, thats Relic for you. Dont know their ass from a hole in the ground. F'ing morons."

But yeah, you new guys keep making maps for them. Enjoy.

You really didn't get anything in return for making maps? Not even a thank you note? Premium unique tank skins? Free DLC?

Nothing?

That's shameful
1 Mar 2023, 17:07 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

No, Relic made their own ladders since day 1 as well

https://leaderboards.companyofheroes.com/

Why isnt there a button on the COH3 menu interface to at least go to this leaderboard...90% of people will never know it exists and laddering retains players.

1 Mar 2023, 18:06 PM

Why isnt there a button on the COH3 menu interface to at least go to this leaderboard...90% of people will never know it exists and laddering retains players.

OFF TOPIC
Because Relic does not have the slightest clue why people play their game. None.

Initial steam reviews were trash. They have been coming up a little because noobs are buying the game and dont know all of the things that are missing. Anyone who was excited to buy it on day one said "This game is not even close to being done."

There goes the one chance we, as players, had of getting a decent sized community. Previous players dont like it. New players will play for a while then leave because nothing that makes it fun for them is available to them. Relic hid or removed it all.

Sega/Relic needs its house cleaned out. Their management has to go. If I worked there I would have fired so many people by now.

ON TOPIC
If I was PageP I would not waste another minute on a stats site. This game will always be small potatoes, mickey mouse run, waste of time, etc.

Knowing how well Page and his friends are at programming, at least I can take comfort in knowing they have not wasted too much of their time.

Please send him a few bucks to let him know you appreciate his time, work, and more importantly his vision to figure out what people want to see from game stats. It really made Coh2 so much more enjoyable for me personally.
1 Mar 2023, 21:22 PM

True.
But understand that there are more people that care more about casual play. Especially at launch (when they are learning the game). Than there are players that will actually look at leaderboards.
Even among people that play ranked, there are lots of those that don't give two fu**s. (eg. me).

In the end. First few months of a newly released game, especially an RTS which has a fu**ton of moving parts, are those with a status of "BETA+".

I'll seldom blame RTS devs that fail to deliver a product on the same level as a previous installment (COH2) which had years of developement and upgrades, and on top of that a balance done by community (a step back in my book but w/e).

I can guarantee that the top brass forced the release. And I can guarantee that the devs which actually write the code and create assets/art, would have liked to been given a few more months of development.

Current players are BETA+ participants.
After a few months, you will be able to claim you are playing a "somewhat" finished game. After a year, it will be a finished game.
4 Mar 2023, 11:03 AM

I've created coh3stats topic here https://www.coh2.org/topic/111257/coh3-player-stats-leaderboards-and-more-coh3stats-com

One last update to coh2stats https://coh2stats.com/players/76561198044914223-PanzerGrenadierAngrefen

You can now open the leaderboard group and see the history

Data are only from 2023+
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment