Login

russian armor

Some Talks For USF's Armors.

2 Apr 2021, 14:25 PM

Regarding exploit, if you mean USF player X leaves his m4 Sherman and then player Y enters the Sherman to upgrade it so player X can have an upgraded Sherman, then I think teamwork should be rewarded. I have the same opinion for the Vickers K drop. I think intentionally blocking teamwork for Vickers K drop and M4 Sherman upgrade is babysitting players too much and limiting creativity. If players have enough coordination to do such things, I think it is a great feature of the game and not a bug.

Well the mod team does not seem to think so think and thus has removed vickers drop in the patch.

I think trying so hard to figure out all the exploits and try to block it so players don't use it takes too much time and is too much babysitting. Things like multiple sturmtiger exploit, or giving WC51 to Assault Sections. There are 1 million "exploits", and I think it is silly to go after all of them. They are rare and unintended features that require exceptional effort and coordination to accomplish.

I think starting production of a weaker default version of a unit to later upgrade
it is the point of an upgrade. Upgrades are for improving the stats of a unit after its default version has been purchased. We purchase a Obersoldaten and then upgrade it with STG44s to make them better. We purchase a Panzer IVJ to upgrade them with commander ability. I think it is intentional.

And you would be able purchase a 75mm dozer Sherman and upgrade it with HMG.

You have not seen a single argument explaining why the Dozer should be an upgrade and not a separate unit.
2 Apr 2021, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2021, 14:25 PMVipper

You have not seen a single argument explaining why the Dozer should be an upgrade and not a separate unit.

We haven't seen a single argument from you why the dozer shouldn't be an upgrade.
2 Apr 2021, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2021, 16:55 PMTygrys

We haven't seen a single argument from you why the dozer shouldn't be an upgrade.

And you won't. He makes a claim and when someone says "explain pls" he asks you to explain why you think it isnt.

But I'll take a crack at explaining why it should be retained. Diversity. USF doesnt have the amount of armor to choose from that other factions do, why should we be removing more armor choices, doctrinal ones at that, from a faction that already has the smallest lineup of mediums.
2 Apr 2021, 18:43 PM

And you won't. He makes a claim and when someone says "explain pls" he asks you to explain why you think it isnt.

But I'll take a crack at explaining why it should be retained. Diversity. USF doesnt have the amount of armor to choose from that other factions do, why should we be removing more armor choices, doctrinal ones at that, from a faction that already has the smallest lineup of mediums.

I know how he "argues" on these forums. I'm just waiting for what stupid shit he'll come up with this time.

And of course the dozer should stay. US has exactly one tank which isn't paper thin and it's doctrinal and stuck in a singular doctrine. If anyone wants to get rid of dozer blades then they need to be replaced with a dedicated damage sponge tank like a Jumbo, which obviously isn't happening because there will be no new models added to this game.
2 Apr 2021, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2021, 18:43 PMTygrys

I know how he "argues" on these forums. I'm just waiting for what stupid shit he'll come up with this time.

And of course the dozer should stay. US has exactly one tank which isn't paper thin and it's doctrinal and stuck in a singular doctrine. If anyone wants to get rid of dozer blades then they need to be replaced with a dedicated damage sponge tank like a Jumbo, which obviously isn't happening because there will be no new models added to this game.

Idt Vipper is arguing against Dozer. He is against it being an upgrade. He rather purchase a full Dozer tank that spawns with a dozer instead of upgrading it.

He is arguing that upgrade is bad vs. Buying a dozer tank because:

1. Upgrade can be exploited by vehicle crew hopping/switching
2. Paying less fuel for a tank that is actually more powerful than m4 Sherman
3. Bundled 2 abilities in 1 is bad
2 Apr 2021, 19:49 PM

1. Upgrade can be exploited by vehicle crew hopping/switching

That's just beyond dumb. If teamplay is considered exploitation then I guess all sources of healing should be locked to the player who built them and teammates should not be able to recrew abandoned stationary weapons if they don't belong to them.

2. Paying less fuel for a tank that is actually more powerful than m4 Sherman

It's not free, it still costs fuel so this argument doesn't even make any sense.

3. Bundled 2 abilities in 1 is bad

I don't see how this is bad especially since one of those abilities isn't a new unit.
2 Apr 2021, 20:20 PM

Getting an excellent premium medium is already a good deal for a doctrine slot. But for mechanized ontop of that they get a buff to one of the best stock medium tanks in the game as well. Seems to be way too much for a single doctrine slot imo.
3 Apr 2021, 12:36 PM

Getting an excellent premium medium is already a good deal for a doctrine slot. But for mechanized ontop of that they get a buff to one of the best stock medium tanks in the game as well. Seems to be way too much for a single doctrine slot imo.

Without the dozer blades, the doctrine is limited to 640 hit point tanks. You're acting like the blades turn it into a Panther or something.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS