Login

russian armor

King Tiger for Ostheer in the Commander update.

1 Apr 2021, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 18:08 PMPip

To my knowledge, people were already able to import models/animations/etc at one point, with or without dedicated tools. The functionality was just removed in a patch at some point.
Relic wouldn't even need to make any more tools, seemingly, they'd just need to re-enable an ability that already existed at one point

As far as I know, this was made possible due to Corsix's Mod studio and possibly due to the fact that at somepoint, coh2 archives worked differently. In other words, right now you cant make model into CoH2 not only because you cant edit archives and replace model, but because you cant make it into CoH2 format to begin with, because they are different from vCoH. I'm not sure here, but it might be the case. Because I dont think there are tools to even get existing coh2 models\animations exported from the game and used in any 3d programm.

Nothing else is really needed except Relic allowing model importing and editing as you can see here:
Everything else you just mentioned is possible otherwise.

Thats not the point. I know about this, but the point why was turned off because of possible abuse and data hacking? Well thats the most logical reason at least. What I was saying, Relic should at least allow community dev team to work with the models, allowing archive edditing for public isnt even nessesery to begin with if there is possability of hacking something.

Relic should just allow community to do all the work model vise and then just update archives themselfs and add thouse new models.
1 Apr 2021, 18:21 PM

Nothing else is really needed except Relic allowing model importing and editing as you can see here:

Holy based, give it Panzergrau RIGHT NOW
MY BODY IS READY
1 Apr 2021, 18:27 PM

Hell I also remember some guy who made realistic vCoH skins was fiddeling with CoH2 models back in the day

And inf textures are VERY easy to get, you even can export them properly. So tecnically all that Relic would requare to do is just copy-paste existing unit for what custom skin was made and just assign new material to them. Boom, you have new inf model.

Also on top of that, I belive coh2 works in a way that it allow to share models and assign them to game entities. In other words, you have grenadeirs models have lets officer cap, if you made some minor editing to the model file. Like you can see on one of the pictures, where grenadeirs use officer winter coat + helmet.
1 Apr 2021, 18:53 PM

I would love to hear a response from the community manager about all of this. Because the addition of new models has been necessary for the game for a long time to keep it fresh and inspire more life into the game.
1 Apr 2021, 19:48 PM

Would have been cool to put this in Festung Armor or something. But alas, Relic doesn't want any more unit swaps between factions because of missing skins and voice lines etc. The Tiger swap was only possible because OKW happened to have some unused voice lines for it.

Isn't it possible to just use the original Ostheer Tiger or OKW Tiger II voicelines? OKW Jaeger Light Infantry and Ostheer Jaeger Command Squad both use the same voicelines don't they? I think Stormtroopers might as well, but I don't use them enough to be sure. The only problem is skins, which can be solved by the community with some effort, or the vehicle can just be given a single custom skin like the Command Panther or Tiger Ace.
1 Apr 2021, 20:52 PM

As far as I know, this was made possible due to Corsix's Mod studio and possibly due to the fact that at somepoint, coh2 archives worked differently. In other words, right now you cant make model into CoH2 not only because you cant edit archives and replace model, but because you cant make it into CoH2 format to begin with, because they are different from vCoH. I'm not sure here, but it might be the case. Because I dont think there are tools to even get existing coh2 models\animations exported from the game and used in any 3d programm.

Thats not the point. I know about this, but the point why was turned off because of possible abuse and data hacking? Well thats the most logical reason at least. What I was saying, Relic should at least allow community dev team to work with the models, allowing archive edditing for public isnt even nessesery to begin with if there is possability of hacking something.

Relic should just allow community to do all the work model vise and then just update archives themselfs and add thouse new models.
~

Nope.

Model editing and importing is also possible in CoH but there's no cheats or abuse related to it, it's mostly just map hacks and the sort.

Models and textures are just mostly visual, aesthetic stuff.

They just disabled it in CoH2 because they wanted to sell their DLC, which they're not doing anymore and as you can see the date on that video it says 2013 so yeah...

There's basically no point in why we can't mod how the game looks right now.
1 Apr 2021, 21:00 PM

There's basically no point in why we can't mod how the game looks right now.

From what I understood this isn't a simple option to turn from off to on. The issue is that all the tools (except the AE) are completely outdated and would require a hell of a lot of work to get working. Most of the original devs have moved on so it's likely nobody even knows how these tools were coded. It would be great if Relic could update them, but it's understandable if they won't because it'd be a big investment and they wouldn't get much back from it at this point.
1 Apr 2021, 21:06 PM

From what I understood this isn't a simple option to turn from off to on. The issue is that all the tools (except the AE) are completely outdated and would require a hell of a lot of work to get working. Most of the original devs have moved on so it's likely nobody even knows how these tools were coded. It would be great if Relic could update them, but it's understandable if they won't because it'd be a big investment and they wouldn't get much back from it at this point.

Its undestandable that it might be not relevant to do it for public, but relic themselfs could edit their own SGA files which are containing skins\entity data and so on.

You guys really should just contact John and ask him if this is possible for dev team to just prepare at least custom textures for units and sent them to relic, and relic on their end could just pack them to SGA. Maybe even add a new SGA which will contain all the new stuff (this is possible). I doubt relic used the same Mod Tools to upgrade and edit game SGAs.

If there is ppl around capable of updating anti-cheat, I'm pretty sure they will be capable of packing SGA using Relic tools they used to make them.
1 Apr 2021, 21:12 PM

Well, I mean how did Corsix do it for the original CoH then?

The tools were made by the community, not the developers, and you could basically do a complete overhaul of the game turning it into Star Wars or whatever else you want, options are almost limitless with the exception of a few hardcoded things like reinforcing and so forth, and still can do so.

So yeah I don't think the question is so much for the tools but Relic's willingness and ability to reenable all of this functionality and if they could bring the game to 64bit I'm guessing that they can also do this as well.
1 Apr 2021, 21:15 PM

If there is ppl around capable of updating anti-cheat, I'm pretty sure they will be capable of packing SGA using Relic tools they used to make them.

Afaik the game hasn't received any content updates for over 6 years. For all we know Relic simply switched operating systems since then and none of the older tools work anymore. I don't know any of the details, hell I don't really know anything about modding, I just heard that there's a lot more going on in regards to why Relic won't/can't allow mods at this stage than them being unwilling to flip a switch. I think the work the community team, mappers and UI modders have been allowed to do for the live game in the past few years definitely hints or even proves that Relic has changed its stance on community contributions. But they're still a company and not a charity, so if the costs outweigh the benefits, it's only logical that they're hesitant to go with it.
1 Apr 2021, 21:35 PM

Would have been cool to put this in Festung Armor or something. But alas, Relic doesn't want any more unit swaps between factions because of missing skins and voice lines etc. The Tiger swap was only possible because OKW happened to have some unused voice lines for it.

I heard OKW had stug voicelines, is that true? Also, Ive seen somewhere that the reason Obers has generic voicelines is because they had voicelines for Honor Guards? Someone confirm?
1 Apr 2021, 21:39 PM

I heard OKW had stug voicelines, is that true? Also, Ive seen somewhere that the reason Obers has generic voicelines is because they had voicelines for Honor Guards? Someone confirm?

Both are true, there are voices for deploying a StuG III (I'm not sure if there's voices for a StuG III unit), and the Announcer and Obersoldaten voices both have cut lines that refer to them as the "Honor Guard". Sometimes if you have Volksgrenadiers near Obersoldaten, they will say (paraphrased) "Stay away from those honor guard guys, they are crazy, fanatical."
1 Apr 2021, 21:41 PM

Damn man, I would love to hear them all :S
1 Apr 2021, 21:43 PM

Damn man, I would love to hear them all :S

This contains call in voice lines for the StuG and 251 Halftrack as well which are still unused.

And the Tiger one is there as well before it was put in the actual game like Sander said.

Otherwise that channel should also have other videos with the rest of the voices.
1 Apr 2021, 21:48 PM

Sometimes if you have Volksgrenadiers near Obersoldaten, they will say (paraphrased) "Stay away from those honor guard guys, they are crazy, fanatical."

They can't handle Erika's drip
https://images.app.goo.gl/bXYnunuUbkN3TBH6A
1 Apr 2021, 21:53 PM

This contains call in voice lines for the StuG and 251 Halftrack as well which are still unused.

And the Tiger one is there as well before it was put in the actual game like Sander said.

Otherwise that channel should also have other videos with the rest of the voices.

10:20 Holy shit its true! Honor guard units!

Also 12:50
1 Apr 2021, 22:12 PM

10:20 Holy shit its true! Honor guard units!

Also 12:50

Yep, I also forgot there's unused forward HQ voice lines as well.

And all infantry also have speech for mounting and dismounting from halftracks too.
2 Apr 2021, 04:34 AM

Hell I also remember some guy who made realistic vCoH skins was fiddeling with CoH2 models back in the day

And inf textures are VERY easy to get, you even can export them properly. So tecnically all that Relic would requare to do is just copy-paste existing unit for what custom skin was made and just assign new material to them. Boom, you have new inf model.

Also on top of that, I belive coh2 works in a way that it allow to share models and assign them to game entities. In other words, you have grenadeirs models have lets officer cap, if you made some minor editing to the model file. Like you can see on one of the pictures, where grenadeirs use officer winter coat + helmet.

Why Relic didn't make OST infantry look like this in the first place is beyond me. I always thought the official version was off.

As for the visual, auditory and aesthetic argument against cross-faction units, I'm much more bothered by the insane amount of typos, downright errors and wrong tooltips than any ill-fitting or generic voice line.
2 Apr 2021, 11:34 AM

I would agree if there is a real support for the game but it doesn't have this support.

Every exchange between units doesn't look right because it will make both factions less unique, even if u made some changes to the unit, I mean KT is one of the key units that make OKW unique, adding it to Ostheer or maybe adding a better version of it to Ostheer will only make OKW less unique and will make both factions more similar because as I said their is no big support and no new units will be added to differentiate the factions.
MMX
2 Apr 2021, 11:37 AM

forget the (cmnd) king tiger, i'd rather have this beast back in coh2 again!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★