Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Soviet Feedback

PAGES (40)down
21 Apr 2021, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 10:04 AMVipper

Maybe because the commander already combines good abilities like the T-34/85 (top main battle tank) /Shock troops (top doctrinal infatry)/Strong off map (very cost efficient thought a bit inconstant)/120mm mortar so the remaining ability should be less potent else it would run the risk of overshadowing other T-34/85 commander reducing the number of meta commanders.

The aim of commander patch should not be to create the commander with best abilities but to bring as many commander as possible to similar power levels.

I do think he meant that Vehicle detection has absolutely no thematic fit in Shock Army. There are other less powerful abilities which could have been taken instead of Vehicle detection.
21 Apr 2021, 13:59 PM

I do think he meant that Vehicle detection has absolutely no thematic fit in Shock Army. There are other less powerful abilities which could have been taken instead of Vehicle detection.

It fit the theme as much as it fit the theme of "Shock Motor Heavy Tactics" the only other commander that is is available in which also happens to be a "Shock" commander.

If you have another suggestion for a more suited ability that is of equal power and fit the commander better, feel free to provide.

If you have a commander in mind where VD fits better thematically also feel free to provide your suggestion.
21 Apr 2021, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 13:59 PMVipper

It fit the theme as much as it fit the theme of "Shock Motor Heavy Tactics" the only other commander that is is available in which also happens to be a "Shock" commander.

If you have another suggestion feel free to provide although and if you have a commander where VD fits better thematically also feel free to provide it.

Imo thematically it would fit Tank Hunter of course and Mechanized Support too.
ATG-Ambush is a powerless ability for one commander ability slot that fits the meaning of the word "Shock". But that is just one example.

I posted because I just wanted to remark that he was arguing thematically on his second post while you were answering about balance.

21 Apr 2021, 14:16 PM

ATG-Ambush is a powerless ability for one commander ability slot that fits the meaning of the word "Shock". But that is just one example.

I posted because I just wanted to remark that he was arguing thematically on his second post while you were answering about balance.

"Shock" term means to assault rapidly, not being surprised by pikaboo unit when you assault.

Any kind of defensive or reactive option is as opposed to the theme of shock doctrine as it can possibly get.
21 Apr 2021, 14:21 PM

Vehicle detection does fit tank hunters commander but it would be a nerf since it is already available to PTRS conscripts.

Imo ATG ambush is not actually powerless, it is potent with the first strike bonuses.

It is one of my favorite Soviet abilities, it also already available to 5 commanders in the patch (if not mistaken).

21 Apr 2021, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 14:21 PMVipper

Vehicle detection does fit tank hunters commander but it would be a nerf since it is already available to PTRS conscripts.

Something could be bundled at Tank hunter to make place for Vehicle detection. Cons ability could be removed since it is obviously better to have the ability as a global one instead of beeing bound to an unit. Looking at loadout picking rates (200+ and Top200 across all game modes) Tank hunter still could get a buff after all.
21 Apr 2021, 16:26 PM

Something could be bundled at Tank hunter to make place for Vehicle detection. Cons ability could be removed since it is obviously better to have the ability as a global one instead of beeing bound to an unit. Looking at loadout picking rates (200+ and Top200 across all game modes) Tank hunter still could get a buff after all.

It already has been buffed, it got ML-20 replaced by B4 and PTRS a CP earlier.

The problem with commander has little to VC and imo there are other abilities that should be looked at (PTRB/camo).

I personally would rather see "mark target" in TH thanks VD.
21 Apr 2021, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 16:26 PMVipper

It already has been buffed, it got ML-20 replaced by B4 and PTRS a CP earlier.
Depends on current B4 balance decisions wether B4 replacement of ML-20 turns out as a buff. The new smoke ability of ML-20 would have been interesting for Tank Hunter too (smoke large area) since its has no offmap vs fortifications.

The problem with commander has little to VC and imo there are other abilities that should be looked at (PTRB/camo).
Thats true.

I personally would rather see "mark target" in TH thanks VD.
Yeah, mark target would be a buff, it is a strong ability.
21 Apr 2021, 17:42 PM

I've conducted some tests on guard paratroopers with DPs. They are absolutely inferior to obers, at both maximum and minimum veterancy levels, which is quite odd considering the fact that both their costs and battlefield roles are comparable. It would also be neat to add the PPSH paras the ability to cease fire, just like for every other ambush style troops.
21 Apr 2021, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 10:04 AMVipper

Maybe because the commander already combines good abilities like the T-34/85 (top main battle tank) /Shock troops (top doctrinal infatry)/Strong off map (very cost efficient thought a bit inconstant)/120mm mortar so the remaining ability should be less potent else it would run the risk of overshadowing other T-34/85 commander reducing the number of meta commanders.

The aim of commander patch should not be to create the commander with best abilities but to bring as many commander as possible to similar power levels.

I doubt it can overshadow other T34/85 commanders.
The only commander this can overshadow is Advanced Warfare.
21 Apr 2021, 17:57 PM

I've conducted some tests on guard paratroopers with DPs. They are absolutely inferior to obers, at both maximum and minimum veterancy levels, which is quite odd considering the fact that both their costs and battlefield roles are comparable. It would also be neat to add the PPSH paras the ability to cease fire, just like for every other ambush style troops.

I'm doubt full.
3x dp guards always beat Obers. Both in my tests and in practice. they have pretty similar veterancy aswell.
21 Apr 2021, 22:29 PM

Guards can outlast most other infantry and can be merged into so them being "less" outright than obers is fine. Obers are supposed to be the elite infantry counter infantry. Their only job is to slap infantry and its all they can do.
22 Apr 2021, 01:02 AM

Here's an idea for Partisans maybe as they still need a lot of help.
They start with x2 mosin nagants and x2 PPSHs alongside a shorter range AT grenade. They can then upgrade like currently in the test server.

This would allow them to retain some of the previous ambush values by being able to have some close range fire power and some form of AT but then specialize if you have time.
PAGES (40)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS