Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - OKW Feedback

PAGES (35)down
4 Apr 2021, 00:19 AM
Donator 11

I think perhaps the worst change in the entire changelog, is making Panzer Fusiliers completely replace Volks.

Give players choice. Make the units serve different roles. Remove the Fussilier as a core combatant and make it into a specialized elite unit. I think remove STGs from Volksgrenadiers and give them G43s. Then give Fussies STGs and make them the elite close ranged units for OKW. Literally I think this is the best way to remove overlapping from these units.

I think someone can have a better idea but this comes to mind:

Remove STGs from Volks give them G43s and give 6 Sturmpio variant STGs to Fussiliers. Now you have a truly unique terminator unit. They won't replace Sturmpios because Sturmpios have repairs.

Or here is another idea. Make Panzerfusiliers a dedicated Panzer support or mechanized unit that is a dedicated AT double shrek unit.

Something needs to differentiate them. And I think removing G43 from Fussies and either going the AT or STG track is better. Or make them like Panzer Elite, they always come in a halftrack.
4 Apr 2021, 00:50 AM

Fuissilers will never replace volks.

Why?

Sandbags.
4 Apr 2021, 01:23 AM
Donator 11

Fuissilers will never replace volks.

Why?

Sandbags.

Current patch I make 1 volks for sandbags and the rest Fussies.

Next patch Volks will be relegated to sandbagger
4 Apr 2021, 02:53 AM

I think Panzerfusililers should lose the g43s and 6th model upgrade, and get a LMG42. OKW already has good close to mid range infantry, but it lacks long range infantry firepower until they get obers.
4 Apr 2021, 06:41 AM

You know, a while back people were trying to fit an Ostwind into Luftwaffe, but they couldn't decide if they liked the Flak emplacement more or the Ostwind more. I just had an idea to keep both:

Replace Valiant Assault with Ostwind and add combat bonuses to Airborne Assault, adjusting as necessary to mitigate the loss of Valiant Assault.

I gave no consideration towards balancing, but I think this brain fart idea might still be worth considering just because Ostwind really just thematically belongs in Luftwaffe.

I like this a lot.

The Valiant Assault+Airborne Assault combo also circumvents the combination of elite infantry and an infantry global buff by tying it to a late game expensive ability and adjusting its power level without making it worthless.
4 Apr 2021, 08:28 AM

You know, a while back people were trying to fit an Ostwind into Luftwaffe, but they couldn't decide if they liked the Flak emplacement more or the Ostwind more. I just had an idea to keep both:

Replace Valiant Assault with Ostwind and add combat bonuses to Airborne Assault, adjusting as necessary to mitigate the loss of Valiant Assault.

I gave no consideration towards balancing, but I think this brain fart idea might still be worth considering just because Ostwind really just thematically belongs in Luftwaffe.

I agree, but the voice lines assets of valiant assult activation should be put in other ability or the ability itself should be given to other commander, I really love this voice line lol (Bring them deaths Bring them destruction show them no mercy ).
4 Apr 2021, 10:28 AM

Current patch I make 1 volks for sandbags and the rest Fussies.

Next patch Volks will be relegated to sandbagger

Nah, just because fussilers *can* doesn't mean they will. Its still limited to two commanders, and lacks a lot of utility youd get normally. If anything it'd be 2x volks and 2x fussilers at most imo, one volk cannot sandbag that much.
4 Apr 2021, 10:33 AM

I don't know if any one suggest this before, but could we get new variant of Sturm officer for Special Operations Doctrine with new abilities , we could for example give them flare like the one for command Panzer but with less range and less cost(Similar to fussilers), this will add new flavor to the faction and players don't need to wait until they get their Command Panzer to use the flare, and of course he will need one or two additional abilities with the flare but I didn't think about them yet, so what do u think ?
5 Apr 2021, 11:23 AM

The reworked Rocket Barrage in Firestorm is a really good change!
5 Apr 2021, 14:02 PM

Zeroing does not need a buff. 105mm is lacklaster, but in the preview it is ubiquitous. Zeroing in particular is already way too toxic of an ability, especially in team games where resources are abundant.

Any buffs to 1 click screen-sized barrages and loiters are bad. Which are in most cases force retreats and you don't need to be even decent at the game to use them effectively like plane strafes or light barrages.
5 Apr 2021, 14:03 PM

105mm barrage artillery is really poor
They should remove the munition stockpile shell bonus gimmick and balance it from there
5 Apr 2021, 14:04 PM

I think perhaps the worst change in the entire changelog, is making Panzer Fusiliers completely replace Volks.

Give players choice. Make the units serve different roles. Remove the Fussilier as a core combatant and make it into a specialized elite unit. I think remove STGs from Volksgrenadiers and give them G43s. Then give Fussies STGs and make them the elite close ranged units for OKW. Literally I think this is the best way to remove overlapping from these units.

I think someone can have a better idea but this comes to mind:

Remove STGs from Volks give them G43s and give 6 Sturmpio variant STGs to Fussiliers. Now you have a truly unique terminator unit. They won't replace Sturmpios because Sturmpios have repairs.

Or here is another idea. Make Panzerfusiliers a dedicated Panzer support or mechanized unit that is a dedicated AT double shrek unit.

Something needs to differentiate them. And I think removing G43 from Fussies and either going the AT or STG track is better. Or make them like Panzer Elite, they always come in a halftrack.
but G43's are better than stg's
5 Apr 2021, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2021, 02:53 AMKT610
I think Panzerfusililers should lose the g43s and 6th model upgrade, and get a LMG42. OKW already has good close to mid range infantry, but it lacks long range infantry firepower until they get obers.
Nope, not having 5 man lmg grens.
5 Apr 2021, 14:41 PM

Remove the Fusilier buff or buff Volks at the same time. We're getting to the point of obsolescence.
5 Apr 2021, 17:21 PM

Nope, not having 5 man lmg grens.

then just make them a 4 model squad and give gren kar98ks, that way OKW players have a choice to go with Volks a more durable 5 model mid to close range squad that can build sandbags or go with Pfus a more fragile 4 model long range squad that can get access to LMG42 or Panzerschrecks
5 Apr 2021, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2021, 17:21 PMKT610

then just make them a 4 model squad and give gren kar98ks, that way OKW players have a choice to go with Volks a more durable 5 model mid to close range squad that can build sandbags or go with Pfus a more fragile 4 model long range squad that can get access to LMG42 or Panzerschrecks

OKW does have long range 4 man squad already.... 2 in fact.
5 Apr 2021, 17:32 PM
Donator 11

but G43's are better than stg's

The point isn't better or worse. The point is having a distinct role
Pip
5 Apr 2021, 17:43 PM

The point isn't better or worse. The point is having a distinct role

STGs and (non JLI/Sniper)G43s have pretty much the same role, though... It's just that G43s are better at it.
5 Apr 2021, 17:52 PM

OKW does have long range 4 man squad already.... 2 in fact.

OKW also has 4 close to mid range squads (Strums, Volks, Pfus, and Fallschirmjägers) but what OKW does lack a mainline long range combat infantry
5 Apr 2021, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2021, 17:52 PMKT610

OKW also has 4 close to mid range squads (Strums, Volks, Pfus, and Fallschirmjägers) but what OKW does lack a mainline long range combat infantry

Well rifles are also not a long range mainline.
Long range mainlines are IS, volks and grens. https://coh2.serealia.ca/#10 you can see the accuracy values for different ranges. Volks are clearly the overall losers when it comes to stats at vet 3 but considering what's backing them up, I'd say it's justified. Perhaps giving them a little of survivability on vet 5 would be nice. Shame the OKW niche of 5 veterancy levels being so underused and without ideas.
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight