Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - OKW Feedback

PAGES (35)down
22 Apr 2021, 15:49 PM

I would honestly take a StuG III E over a Sturmtiger at this point.

There's also voice lines for it as well.

And an addition of a 250/251 to a more infantry focused doc would use the rest of the unique voice lines that the OKW has for units.

Agreed.
Sturmtiger CAN wipe an entire squad and feel OP on the receiving end, or can miss the target and do chip damage after you were relying on it to get rid of a nasty vet 3 MG. I really don't get what is wrong with it and why the Avre works.
22 Apr 2021, 18:08 PM

Agreed.
Sturmtiger CAN wipe an entire squad and feel OP on the receiving end, or can miss the target and do chip damage after you were relying on it to get rid of a nasty vet 3 MG. I really don't get what is wrong with it and why the Avre works.

It was effective when it pierced world objects and had longer range. Not sure what happened between then and now but it's as unreliable as they come.

I'd lower its cost and pop, return the old performance and give it a munitions cost per shot. Then it's competing with HEAT shells and commander arty enough to actually warrant being good as its a choice that takes away other high impact options. A non stop wipe machine is one thing, but impacting your economy to be able to do so is another entirely. Less mines and snares means over use makes it easier to counter.
I wish something similar would be in place for the B4 as well instead of the new unreliable railway design.

These types of units shouldn't really ne in a game about unit preservation but if they are they shouldn't be balanced by the se metrics of other units. Let their impact on enemy vet be paid for by your own economy.
22 Apr 2021, 18:20 PM

Besides Scavenge, I don't really see what other OKW commanders would need. OKW has the biggest set of viable commanders in the game imo. Apart from Scavenge (that is getting 2 buffs already, although I don't think that's enough) all commanders are popular across the different modes.

The goal of this patch is not to create more top tier commanders, it's to bring as many commanders to the middle tier as possible (definition of middle tier being good/great but not blatantly overpowered or overpopular). And the majority of OKW commanders is already at that middle tier.

Apart from Scavenge, OKW seems to have one of the healthiest commander popularity diversity of all the factions: https://coh2stats.com/stats/month/1614556800/4v4/wgerman?statsSource=all

Yeah really I think scavenge is about the only "weak" commander in OKW. Most of the others have at least something going for them and for some reason this doctrine always seems like one of the least played. The volks repair kit is actually really cool and could actually help give a way to focus the commander. I've brought this up before and others have also but the 221 could actually go really well in the doctrine. It's an early vehicle that could benefit from volks being able to repair it and keep it healthy in a very flexible way and then later on helps to boost your resources which works well in either rushing out an ostwind or feeding more munitions into the 105mm strike. I hope something can at least be tried out instead of leaving it so meh.
22 Apr 2021, 18:24 PM

It was effective when it pierced world objects and had longer range. Not sure what happened between then and now but it's as unreliable as they come.

I'd lower its cost and pop, return the old performance and give it a munitions cost per shot. Then it's competing with HEAT shells and commander arty enough to actually warrant being good as its a choice that takes away other high impact options. A non stop wipe machine is one thing, but impacting your economy to be able to do so is another entirely. Less mines and snares means over use makes it easier to counter.
I wish something similar would be in place for the B4 as well instead of the new unreliable railway design.

These types of units shouldn't really ne in a game about unit preservation but if they are they shouldn't be balanced by the se metrics of other units. Let their impact on enemy vet be paid for by your own economy.

I think they would be better if this was hardcoded similarly to mines to kill 75% of the models of every squad involved by the hit within 8 meters (far range for the explosion) and suppress them, but destroy team weapons/emplacements right at the center and inner part of the aoe (so 1 per shot). The remaining members of the squad should receive no damage. It would be essentially a mine on steroids
This keeps the anti blobber/breakthrough role of unit but doesn't just delete any vetted squad.
22 Apr 2021, 19:45 PM

meh, trying not to cry too hard in unrelated threads.
22 Apr 2021, 20:05 PM

Agreed.

It's a 50/50 chance that it fails so why even bother getting it in the first place then if it's so RNG dependent to do anything when there's far better alternatives available for that job and especially at that price?

I mean it doesn't even benefit from it's own doctrine's abilities lol.

Now if something like the Tiger would replace it and they transferred the Sturmtiger to Grand Offensive it would make more sense.

I still don't see what the big deal of making it into a longer ranged Self-propelled artillery vehicle would be, even if it had to lock down or have a slight cost to it's firing ability like you said since neither of the Axis Armies have anything like that and the Lefh just gets deleted instantly just like anything else that's static.

It'd be something unique new and not so unreliable and a waste of resources like it is right now.
22 Apr 2021, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2021, 09:37 AMVipper

Special Op

Reduce cost of flares

Reason:
too expensive compared to similar abilities

Replace ST44 Vamp with an infiltration unit
Reason:
fits the theme give Okw an infiltration unit.

No no, I agree with your earlier post about flares. They should all be removed from the game because theyre uncounterable.
22 Apr 2021, 22:42 PM

I still don't see what the big deal of making it into a longer ranged Self-propelled artillery vehicle would be, even if it had to lock down or have a slight cost to it's firing ability like you said since neither of the Axis Armies have anything like that and the Lefh just gets deleted instantly just like anything else that's static.

It'd be something unique new and not so unreliable and a waste of resources like it is right now.

it would need a complete redesign, and even then im not sure a armoured mobile B4 would be good for balance, look at how much a struggle it is to get the calliope into a good place is, then you up the reward considerably.... would be brutal
22 Apr 2021, 22:50 PM

it would need a complete redesign, and even then im not sure a armoured mobile B4 would be good for balance, look at how much a struggle it is to get the calliope into a good place is, then you up the reward considerably.... would be brutal

Well unlike the Calliope in my mind at least it would need to lock down, similar to the CoH PE Hummels and given a long delay before it can be moved it would be mobile yes, but the enemy would also have plenty of time to take it out if they find it as well unless it's extremely well protected and basically surrounded by an Army of other units, AA and so on which I doubt many people would do.

Plus you'll only ever have 1 of them, unlike the B4s of which you can have multiple.

I just don't see any other options for it to be actually useful and not a meme unit like right now just wasting a slot in Elite Armor.
22 Apr 2021, 23:04 PM

Well unlike the Calliope in my mind at least it would need to lock down, similar to the CoH PE Hummels and given a long delay before it can be moved it would be mobile yes, but the enemy would also have plenty of time to take it out if they find it as well unless it's extremely well protected and basically surrounded by an Army of other units, AA and so on which I doubt many people would do.

Plus you'll only ever have 1 of them, unlike the B4s of which you can have multiple.

I just don't see any other options for it to be actually useful and not a meme unit like right now just wasting a slot in Elite Armor.

i liked the idea of capping model deaths and adding suppression tbh, because okw doesnt have a hard time protecting their shit. the free utility of the shcwere combined with the high durability of the ST would be a recipe for hellish memes
22 Apr 2021, 23:07 PM

i liked the idea of capping model deaths and adding suppression tbh, because okw doesnt have a hard time protecting their shit. the free utility of the shcwere combined with the high durability of the ST would be a recipe for hellish memes

You mean like with their Pak 43s and Lefhs that get instantly deleted by off map artillery once spotted?

Sure.
22 Apr 2021, 23:30 PM

You mean like with their Pak 43s and Lefhs that get instantly deleted by off map artillery once spotted?

Sure.

not sure what you are getting at here.
all 3 factions that have em have their static arty nuked by abilities. there are changes in place to make that very thing more consistent even.

im talking more about armoured and mobile units. the sturmtiiger being both. even if it has to lock down, it wont be disappeared like a slefh or ml-20 will. itll require a dive and the scwere can protect against that.
the thing that popped into my head was actually leigs and cut offs. being able to stop infantry requires a more commited push which means more risk involved from the enemy, which means a greater reward if you manage to fight it off.
the ST currently has 220/110 armour and 1280 hp. that means even if a "cheap" t34 rolls up on it, it needs to get behind it AND point blank to reliably pen, then it needs 8 shots to pen thereafter. i assume with the rework it would be made squishier but even brough ddown to the level of the calliope who with a chance to bounce and being a 2 shot kill has proved problematic. hell the walking stuka when it required multiple hits was problematic because even 2 hits in enemy territory can prove that RNG hates you and wants your bloodline to end...
22 Apr 2021, 23:53 PM

not sure what you are getting at here.
all 3 factions that have em have their static arty nuked by abilities. there are changes in place to make that very thing more consistent even.

im talking more about armoured and mobile units. the sturmtiiger being both. even if it has to lock down, it wont be disappeared like a slefh or ml-20 will. itll require a dive and the scwere can protect against that.
the thing that popped into my head was actually leigs and cut offs. being able to stop infantry requires a more commited push which means more risk involved from the enemy, which means a greater reward if you manage to fight it off.
the ST currently has 220/110 armour and 1280 hp. that means even if a "cheap" t34 rolls up on it, it needs to get behind it AND point blank to reliably pen, then it needs 8 shots to pen thereafter. i assume with the rework it would be made squishier but even brough ddown to the level of the calliope who with a chance to bounce and being a 2 shot kill has proved problematic. hell the walking stuka when it required multiple hits was problematic because even 2 hits in enemy territory can prove that RNG hates you and wants your bloodline to end...

Both the USF and UKF have self-propelled mobile artillery and the USF even has the Calliope as you mentioned, they have no static pieces and no I don't count the British emplacements as such because they're not as useful or practical, especially on urban maps.

Regardless, this is the point of the preview no? To test out ideas and see whether they work or not.

I doubt the Sturmtiger can't be balanced much like the Calliope is, again with the added benefit of only being limited to 1 I think would be a bit easier even.
24 Apr 2021, 15:07 PM

I know that this had been said before, but is there a chance that Airborne Assault will have a rework, it is really a bad ability and don't worth using it.
24 Apr 2021, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2021, 15:07 PMOlfin
I know that this had been said before, but is there a chance that Airborne Assault will have a rework, it is really a bad ability and don't worth using it.

They should just change it to a CAS loiter with the falls reinforce gimmick
The suppression run is really TIGHT and limited to a small area and delays the actual CAS which is the reason you pay the muni price anyway
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS