Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
6 May 2021, 19:21 PM

I've been experimenting with Raid Sections, so far I've been having success with this build:

UC
RS
RS
RS
T1
AssOfficer
Medics
Air Resupply (if cannot deal with LV)
T2
Cromwell (or Centaur if ahead)
Wep Racks

Since you dont need Bolster you can just straight rush for T2 and still have enough to upgun RS. AO is there for his buff and nade. Weakness is double LV. 2 Vickers RS absolutely steamroll everyone except elites.
6 May 2021, 20:15 PM

snip

How is the RS/AO synergy. It looks so good...
8 May 2021, 06:06 AM

I think the model for the Raid Section should be swapped to the Commando model, since the role and weaponry seem thematically appropriate, not to mention the high reinforcement cost.
8 May 2021, 07:51 AM

I think the model for the Raid Section should be swapped to the Commando model, since the role and weaponry seem thematically appropriate, not to mention the high reinforcement cost.

or give them a better name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Scots_Fusiliers
8 May 2021, 07:52 AM

And change their name to Rifle Commando or Raid Commando or something, there is no such thing as Raid Section irl.
8 May 2021, 21:07 PM

or give them a better name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Scots_Fusiliers

Give them the Ro. E models without backpacks, change to Royal Fusiliers, maybe see if there's some voice lines laying around. Anyone know if any of the other Commonwealth countries have voicelines leftover?
8 May 2021, 22:34 PM

Give them the Ro. E models without backpacks, change to Royal Fusiliers, maybe see if there's some voice lines laying around. Anyone know if any of the other Commonwealth countries have voicelines leftover?

The community balance team can't edit models, and as far as I know there's no unused voice acting. I don't know if one of the existing Scottish voices would work out in a fitting manner.

Also an alternate skin would be to use the Airlanding Officer's model. That guy is just wearing the Paratrooper uniform, and the squad could be passed off as British Paratroopers.
9 May 2021, 02:38 AM

The community balance team can't edit models, and as far as I know there's no unused voice acting. I don't know if one of the existing Scottish voices would work out in a fitting manner.

Also an alternate skin would be to use the Airlanding Officer's model. That guy is just wearing the Paratrooper uniform, and the squad could be passed off as British Paratroopers.

British paras using officer model will be better fit in vanguard. For the raid section, Royal fusilier will better reflect them as mainline replacement. They can use a mix like 3 tommy and 2 sapper models, along with a proper custom icon set, and will look good.
24 May 2021, 15:44 PM

how'bout reducing advanced emplacement regiment's Precision Barrage's cooltime(120Secs->60~90secs) and Munies?(200~140~160)

I know it uses same data with IR Pathfinders and WC51 dodge truck.
but Brit one drops the latest and The most expensive. I think this should get some reduce.

and Churchill Tank's POP reducing can be happened.
Normal churchill tank's Pop is 19. but Specilaized only one deployable AVRE is 18. it is weird.
how'bout flattening with AVRE. reducing Churchill's Pop to 18.
and Comet can be also reduced to 16~17.
24 May 2021, 18:55 PM

how'bout reducing advanced emplacement regiment's Precision Barrage's cooltime(120Secs->60~90secs) and Munies?(200~140~160)

I know it uses same data with IR Pathfinders and WC51 dodge truck.
but Brit one drops the latest and The most expensive. I think this should get some reduce.

Precision Barrage kills a howitzer to 100% anywhere on the map in combination with Recon Plane of Vet1 AO. Its already one of the cheaper howitzer destruction commander abilities. Since Howitzer are the doom of Advanced Emplacements Regiment it is a pretty perfect combination that is worth its cost.

and Churchill Tank's POP reducing can be happened.
Normal churchill tank's Pop is 19. but Specilaized only one deployable AVRE is 18. it is weird.
how'bout flattening with AVRE. reducing Churchill's Pop to 18.
and Comet can be also reduced to 16~17.

Yeah, I do think 19pop for a damage sponge and AI tank is pretty much in lategame, where its AT capabilities are just not enough to deal with axis armor. A pop reduction wouldn't hurt. Comet pop is more about okay, since it is more of an allrounder.
25 May 2021, 00:53 AM

Precision Barrage kills a howitzer to 100% anywhere on the map in combination with Recon Plane of Vet1 AO. Its already one of the cheaper howitzer destruction commander abilities. Since Howitzer are the doom of Advanced Emplacements Regiment it is a pretty perfect combination that is worth its cost.

the only reason PB werent widely used is that it being in the advance emplacement regiment, such an ability in any other ukf commander will be hot pick any day. I can see more of it will show up with the rework of the emplacement regiment.
7 Jun 2021, 19:46 PM

Next Winter patch, removing the cover requirement for Ro.E Vet 1 bonuses would really help with reducing reliance on IS power, even if the numbers need to come down.
7 Jun 2021, 21:49 PM
8 Jun 2021, 05:19 AM

The 25 pounder emplacement was discussed for this patch internally but rejected.

(cross quoted from the ostheer thread)

First of all I'm glad to hear it was considered.
May I know what was the reason it was rejected in the end? I mean is it a game issue, a bug that makes it unfit for vanila or was it just a balance issue? Is there a chance we may see it in one of the future patches?
8 Jun 2021, 15:13 PM

May I know what was the reason it was rejected in the end? I mean is it a game issue, a bug that makes it unfit for vanila or was it just a balance issue? Is there a chance we may see it in one of the future patches?

Good luck with getting an explanation.

It took me a few days just to get to what was said there at all and then only to again be left with half an answer.

I guess we're just not important enough or at the most we will get told to go find the answer buried in years of other topics instead of getting a simple and straight such.
8 Jun 2021, 15:58 PM

Next Winter patch, removing the cover requirement for Ro.E Vet 1 bonuses would really help with reducing reliance on IS power, even if the numbers need to come down.

I completely agree. The cover bonus is awkward on an SMG squad.
Vet 1 and 2 are pretty weak, but vet 3 has a huge RA bonus. I think some of that power could be moved earlier.
8 Jun 2021, 17:33 PM

Mainly Balance reasons. We discuss it and we couldn't agree of how would it work and it was a big concern that this unit will turn into overpower unit. It would require a lot of time and more than 1 patch to balance it proparely. For example as british emplacement it sohuld have brace for consistency. Brace in emplacement that can fire from half of the map would make it almost impossible to counter. It was consider as an alternative unit in advantance emplacement regiment. I guess we end with conclusion that it's bigger risk than reward.

As for the future we will have to see, but sadly i doubt that we gonna see a new unit.

I may not replay a lot on this forum but i can assure you that we do read most of those posts and yes, we discuss many of those topics in the meetings.
8 Jun 2021, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2021, 17:33 PMStark

Mainly Balance reasons. We discuss it and we couldn't agree of how would it work and it was a big concern that this unit will turn into overpower unit. It would require a lot of time and more than 1 patch to balance it proparely. For example as british emplacement it sohuld have brace for consistency. Brace in emplacement that can fire from half of the map would make it almost impossible to counter. It was consider as an alternative unit in advantance emplacement regiment. I guess we end with conclusion that it's bigger risk than reward.

As for the future we will have to see, but sadly i doubt that we gonna see a new unit.

I may not replay a lot on this forum but i can assure you that we do read most of those posts and yes, we discuss many of those topics in the meetings.

So it couldn't just be an exception to the brace rule like other doctrinal units, such as for example the OKW Tiger not having the Panzer Commander or now the Ferdinand the spotting scopes?

That seems a bit counter-intuitive but okay.
Pip
8 Jun 2021, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2021, 17:33 PMStark

Really, it would either need to only fire utility munitions (Smoke, some sort of airburst suppression shell that does minimal damage, WP shells), or it would want to be tied to another unit(s), in a similar fashion to the base howitzers.

Or specifically tie it to the assault officer. Perhaps it could only fire within a certain AOE of the officer unit, or something similar? These seem like harsh downsides, but a very durable Howitzer is rather difficult to find a niche for.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS