Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - General Feedback

PAGES (18)down
13 Apr 2021, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2021, 11:29 AMLewka

I can't tell if he was being sarcastic in his response to you or not, but I agree the Flak Halftrack for OKW is a good anti-air

Also doesn't Imperial Dane not use the medical bunker as Wehrmacht because he plays German Infantry Doctrine a lot for free healing with the Grenadiere?

Also I don't see why Wehrmacht doesn't need the Ostwind. I see it used often in 1v1 matches that I watch at high level play. And it is better AA than the 222 or pintle mounted mg42s

It's meme based in truth. Even before that commander was introduced, he was not building medic bunker in all his games.
13 Apr 2021, 12:36 PM

It's meme based in truth. Even before that commander was introduced, he was not building medic bunker in all his games.

Really? Wow. I thought it was just because of German Infantry Doctrine XD I didn't realize he wasn't using medics in general
13 Apr 2021, 13:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2021, 12:36 PMLewka

Really? Wow. I thought it was just because of German Infantry Doctrine XD I didn't realize he wasn't using medics in general

More like in the past, dunno, haven't seen him play much nowadays. It was "common sense" that you would get temp banned from his channel if you tell him he didn't had medics built way past into the match.
13 Apr 2021, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 19:25 PMKatitof

You're trying to tell me that regardless of how long the game is, you just refuse to get a building that heals your infantry??
ImperialDane is teaching you how to axis?

You have to get the Battlegroup upgrade to unlock the flak ht
Play the damn game
13 Apr 2021, 19:21 PM

Play the damn game

Which, if you already have medics isn't an oppressively expensive ask, especially if planes are giving grief and you need that to stop...
13 Apr 2021, 19:43 PM

Play the damn game

And upgrading it AND buying flak HT is still CHEAPER then getting ostwind alone and it does the job well.
If you can't afford that, when you already get first half for medics, at stage where loiter planes appear more then once, I think you need to learn to play the damn game first, because your economy management is SHIT.

No wonder players like you see everything as "OP", when you blockheads just refuse to get proper hard counters on the basis of weak ass excuses.
13 Apr 2021, 20:32 PM

Which, if you already have medics isn't an oppressively expensive ask, especially if planes are giving grief and you need that to stop...

It's 70 fuel for a decent AA. It has become objectively an issue with loiter planes not giving a damn about covering the area directly above the flak hq

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2021, 19:43 PMKatitof

Nonsense

The Ostwind is a wonderful unit that never comes too late to scale well and be uaeful offensively, the Flak HT isn't.
I don't get why you keep ranting about the Ostwind when a 222 or a quad ht will down any plane ten times faster the flak ht or the flak hq will without forcing 20 fuel backteching or 50 fuel cost
13 Apr 2021, 20:33 PM

It's 70 fuel for a decent AA

The Ostwind is a wonderful unit that never comes too late to scale well and be uaeful offensively, the Flak HT isn't.
I don't get why you keep ranting about the Ostwind when a 222 or a quad ht will down any plane ten times faster the flak ht or the flak hq will without forcing 20 fuel backteching or 50 fuel cost

UKF ALSO pays 70ish fuel for AA, but that's a static emplacement.
13 Apr 2021, 20:34 PM

UKF ALSO pays 70ish fuel for AA, but that's a static emplacement.

That's ok, because the Centaur exists
13 Apr 2021, 20:37 PM

That's ok, because the Centaur exists

110 fuel and 11-13 pop is a lot for AA. There isn't that much pop cap in a late game UKF army for dedicated AA. And 110 fuel whenever you need to deal with planes is... steep. And its end tier. Bofors is the actual UKF dedicated AA, especially with the recent changes so it actually shoots down planes.
13 Apr 2021, 20:38 PM

110 fuel and 11-13 pop is a lot for AA.

Not when it comes with the best AI AA tank in game. It's also an high rof AA and downs planes like nothing
13 Apr 2021, 20:57 PM

It doesnt exactly have a lot of competition for AI AA tank. It isnt the best AI tank and its AT is literally okinda why the AA halftrack becomes obsolete. AA halftrack is GREAT till the AT shows up. Getting a late Centaur is a waste of pop cap. its a terrible non-doc option when you just need some AA.
13 Apr 2021, 21:16 PM

Imagine the entitlement of someone, complaining about centaur doing AA job, but being completely unwilling to pay LESS for own version that knocks planes equally good.
13 Apr 2021, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2021, 21:16 PMKatitof
Imagine the entitlement of someone, complaining about centaur doing AA job, but being completely unwilling to pay LESS for own version that knocks planes equally good.

What are you even rambling about?
15 Apr 2021, 11:02 AM

Bugs and Feedback and Questions.

--- BUGS

Normal Guards Rifle Infantry cannot be called in (They are having the same bug Assault Guards had before the hotfix with the "Population Cap Reached" message)

Obersoldoten don't fire picked up Brens on the move sometimes? It seems quite arbitrary when and why it happens but it seemed to always work in cheat mod so maybe it has something to do with the Brens being dropped from a killed Infantry Section? I really don't know but something is funky.

--- FEEDBACK

Slowing down the elite armored emergency repair speed makes the ability feel significantly worse and that doctrine was already pretty underwhelming compared to existing OKW doctrines. Maybe a touch back 1 or 2 seconds. Compared to the new OST one (Which is great) OKW has a lot more trouble late game due to prohibitively expensive vehicles, poor mainline infantry, and the worst practical reparability of all the factions at the moment. It makes sense for their vehicle crew repairs to be a little above par compared to other factions.

PPSH Cons still feel terrible. Their old vet 3 +10% accuracy shifting into a 4th PPSH really doesn't make me want to use them since even back then they were underwhelming. The trade off between a CQC squad that has to spend munitions to even take engagements and heavily bleeds on a faction that gobbles up manpower vs a straight buff at all ranges that incentivizes you to play defensively in cover (Which cons already want to do). This could be a hilariously terrible idea but giving PPSH Cons a 7th man (Still 4 PPSHs) to ensure they can actually keep PPSH's on target and not lose their damage as easily might be an answer. In cover the 7th man is deadly and adds so much to normal Cons but on approach in the PPSH squad he's pretty much all but irrelevant outside of eating bullets for the PPSH members to close in which increases bleed but gives the unit more staying power.

The EZ8 is still unusable (Arguably even more so now with a cost increase) and Rifle Company is still incredibly bad. Minor buffs to small irrelevant things doesn't fix the fact that the doctrine has 0 impactful things to do, especially with the EZ8 being so far out of the realm of possibility (I don't think it would be bad at 140 still, maybe even 130/135 could be pushed but at that price it should lose it's newfound buffs.)

G43 Grens feel amazing so far. I still absolutely can't stand normal Grens even with the squad formation changes so having these as a replacement is a breath of fresh air post VSL nerf. The only downside to this change is that Jaeger Infantry was the go-to post nerf doctrine for OST and it only got better in this patch which will probably end up being a bit stale very fast.

The Sturmpio (and to a lesser extent the RE) flamethrower + Minesweeper changes are a welcome change.

The Pershing Buff is a "good" change to a unit that had fallen on dark times. I still think it should have some sort of Vehicle Crew Repair ability to simulate a vehicle crew rather than goofy damage resistance changes but I'm just happy it got something.

--- QUESTIONS

I haven't used them yet, but I don't quite understand the change to Partisans. They were absolutely abysmal before and it seems like many of the reasons they were terrible haven't been changed. Yet the only benefit they had was cheesing out of a building and wiping things which has been taken away. I don't understand the methodology here. Is the 5th man that impactful here? The RA of Partisans was so bad previously that they literally couldn't win any fights on approach by a wide margin having to rely on camo first strike bonuses which a 5th man doesn't really do much more to help? They're still going to either wipe a squad in seconds or force a retreat if they land a good ambush but now they have to spend munitions and take time to upgrade and still probably lose any fights they actively seek. Kind of strange to me that they've seemingly lost more than they've gained overall.

Giving Sturmpios S-Mines seems really redundant since they already have Schu Mines. If you really want to limit Volks ability to plant S-Mines I'd much rather them have an increased Build Time similarly to how Riflemen Field Defenses has increased Build Time on all their fortifications. At that point if your opponent can slap S-Mines down everywhere you really haven't done anything to stop him in a reasonable timeframe. Am I wrong here? I haven't touched this one yet so I can only make speculations on it.
15 Apr 2021, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2021, 11:02 AMJPA32

--- FEEDBACK

Good post, Imo all of this is true.
15 Apr 2021, 15:12 PM

Actually since Elite Armor is mentioned, maybe combine the Panzer Commander with either the HEAT rounds or Crew Repairs so Hull Down can be added and it will also add something to Strategic Reserves as well?

Call it something like Advanced Panzer package, makes sense for 2 somewhat tank oriented commanders.
15 Apr 2021, 18:46 PM

Actually since Elite Armor is mentioned, maybe combine the Panzer Commander with either the HEAT rounds or Crew Repairs so Hull Down can be added and it will also add something to Strategic Reserves as well?

Call it something like Advanced Panzer package, makes sense for 2 somewhat tank oriented commanders.

Oh God no... Vetted hull downed 230 armour minimum tanks with HEAT or able to call in arty?
15 Apr 2021, 19:10 PM

Oh God no... Vetted hull downed 230 armour minimum tanks with HEAT or able to call in arty?

I'm not sure what you are playing but mobility is the name of this game from my experience.

If you're really staying in front of a bunch of static units instead of trying to flank or bombard them then there's something seriously wrong with the strategic genius behind the screen.

Same went with the British in CoH that got their Fireflies with Hull down as well as the Cromwell Command Tank that buffed their reload.

You don't stay in front of them, you either go around them or hit em with arty.
15 Apr 2021, 20:37 PM

Found a bug just now, between the first patch and the hotfix Sturmpioneer Flamethrowers became mutually exclusive with Minesweepers again.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS