Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - General Feedback

PAGES (18)down
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 9 Apr 2021, 22:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2021, 18:14 PMVipper

Small correction this is Ostheer unit and not an OKW one.

Luftwaffe Officer

Suppression strafe cost from 60 to 50
Suppresion Strafe now requires veterancy 1
Recon Plane no longer requires veterancy 1
Smoke plane cooldown from 50 to 90

Fixed.
9 Apr 2021, 22:27 PM

100 hours of aimless practicing is less effective that 1 hour of focused training.

-222 is not a dedicated AA platform. Think about it like having a extra couple of pintle MG upgrades.
-Flak HQ is also not a dedicated AA platform and the OKW player needs to activate the AA mode.
-All planes are effective on their first pass.
-All planes that track units will still be effective against retreating/moving units.
-Ostwind is the less effective dedicated AA unit of all factions due to RoF.
-PvP in beta can be unreliable depending on time zone. It's generally more effective to make custom games.

SO basically F axis for existing.
9 Apr 2021, 23:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

SO basically F axis for existing.

OKW can either "passively" use Pintles + Flak HQ or get a good dedicated Flak HT.

OH is the one screwed in regards to good dedicated AA unless you have a vet2 Ostwind.
10 Apr 2021, 00:28 AM

Honestly was expecting a bigger set of changes with the second iteration. More commanders changes, more radical changes. I really hope this doesn't mean the changes currently implemented are the only really big changes coming. I think that's gonna leave out a lot of commanders that just need a little boost to be relevant.
10 Apr 2021, 05:30 AM

OH is the one screwed in regards to good dedicated AA unless you have a vet2 Ostwind.

Nah 222 does a pretty good AA job.
10 Apr 2021, 07:55 AM

Honestly was expecting a bigger set of changes with the second iteration. More commanders changes, more radical changes.

This update was primarily for bugfixes, with some changes thrown in alongside it.
I expect there will be a bigger update next week.
MMX
10 Apr 2021, 08:12 AM

This update was primarily for bugfixes, with some changes thrown in alongside it.

cool, thanks for the update on that. was about to write that i'm a bit disappointed myself, but let's see what next week's iteration brings
10 Apr 2021, 15:25 PM

I think that was previous to the last patch. I would have to test them back one by one but i'm still under the impression when considering factors like rotation as well, that the Ostwind lags behind all other dedicated AA units.

I was unaware that the majority of airborne attacks generally deliver their payload before being shot down. Also I just need to work on my awareness and like you said focus on training (pvp) if I want to get better.

Thanks
Pip
10 Apr 2021, 18:02 PM

Tantalising.

When you say "Bigger update", should we be expecting some rather major further changes/updates to commanders? Are these future updates things that'd already been planned, or is it mostly going to be in reaction to how the beta is looking in players' hands?
11 Apr 2021, 07:16 AM

Imo the change need to take a look to more commander especially utilizing the stat on commanders load out:

For instance urban assault that has calliope available is picked consistently more the tactical support across all mods and maps indicating that simply bring too much to the table and should adjusted.

Same goes for Airborne over Reckon that probably has to to with bundled Paras which mate it more difficult to field.

One should also be careful buffing very popular commander like UKF mobile assault regiment that is already one of the top preference in load out strangely across all modes
11 Apr 2021, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2021, 07:16 AMVipper
For instance urban assault that has calliope available is picked consistently more the tactical support across all mods and maps indicating that simply bring too much to the table and should adjusted.

Same goes for every leFH and Elefant commander then. Possibly Tiger.
11 Apr 2021, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2021, 12:44 PMTygrys

Same goes for every leFH and Elefant commander then. Possibly Tiger.

Spearhead does stand out a bit from other Tiger commander probably due to recon/Fragmentation bombing that it useful in large modes. I have already pointed out this and suggested that abilities should not available to Tiger commanders.
11 Apr 2021, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2021, 07:16 AMVipper
Imo the change need to take a look to more commander especially utilizing the stat on commanders load out:

Same goes for Airborne over Reckon that probably has to to with bundled Paras which mate it more difficult to field.

One should also be careful buffing very popular commander like UKF mobile assault regiment that is already one of the top preference in load out strangely across all modes

One thing to keep in mind by doing this: Factions with more holes in their roster should be allowed to stuff more holes with commander pick.

It would be better of course if the biggest holes of all factions would be stuffed nondoctrinal. Brits are the best example what happens if you have no mobile artillery piece at all. Mobile Assault or Royal Artillery Regiment get picked pretty much every multiplayer game because they have those missing artillery pieces.

I know the dev team doesn't want it, but the biggest change for UKF-commander pick would be a nondoctrinal land mattress. You would see a lot more of the other commander choices suddenly.
11 Apr 2021, 13:53 PM

One thing to keep in mind by doing this: Factions with more holes in their roster should be allowed to stuff more holes with commander pick.

It would be better of course if the biggest holes of all factions would be stuffed nondoctrinal. Brits are the best example what happens if you have no mobile artillery piece at all. Mobile Assault or Royal Artillery Regiment get picked pretty much every multiplayer game because they have those missing artillery pieces.

I know the dev team doesn't want it, but the biggest change for UKF-commander pick would be a nondoctrinal land mattress. You would see a lot more of the other commander choices suddenly.

Commander changes are less relevant to balance of the faction, any problem the faction has should not be solved a commander.

The Commander patch should aim at making as many commander as possible viable and that includes nerfing commanders that are abnormally popular instead of buffing them.

Exactly because "Mobile Assault or Royal Artillery Regiment get picked pretty much every multiplayer game because they have those missing artillery pieces" their rest of the are abilities should be inferior to other commanders to increase the meta commanders.

Mobile assault is already the most popular commander even in 1vs1 and adding raid section will make it even more popular.
11 Apr 2021, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2021, 13:53 PMVipper
Mobile assault is already the most popular commander even in 1vs1 and adding raid section will make it even more popular.

If the land mattress would be a stock unit it would be way less popular in all gamemodes. Royal Artillery would get less popular too as a bonus on top.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2021, 13:53 PMVipper
Commander changes are less relevant to balance of the faction, any problem the faction has should not be solved a commander.

Exactly. Add the land mattress to stock units. Problem solved.
12 Apr 2021, 15:49 PM

OKW can either "passively" use Pintles + Flak HQ or get a good dedicated Flak HT.

I wish the Flak HQ was as good as the 222 in AA
OST definetly doesn't need the Ostwind
12 Apr 2021, 19:05 PM

I wish the Flak HQ was as good as the 222 in AA
OST definetly doesn't need the Ostwind

Try flak HT instead, you know, the actual AA unit for OKW.
12 Apr 2021, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 19:05 PMKatitof

Try flak HT instead, you know, the actual AA unit for OKW.

That's an useful tip for mechanized build. Glad I can get useful imput from helpful and passionate coh 2 players like yourself
12 Apr 2021, 19:25 PM

That's an useful tip for mechanized build. Glad I can get useful imput from helpful and passionate coh 2 players like yourself

You're trying to tell me that regardless of how long the game is, you just refuse to get a building that heals your infantry??
ImperialDane is teaching you how to axis?
13 Apr 2021, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2021, 19:25 PMKatitof

You're trying to tell me that regardless of how long the game is, you just refuse to get a building that heals your infantry??
ImperialDane is teaching you how to axis?

I can't tell if he was being sarcastic in his response to you or not, but I agree the Flak Halftrack for OKW is a good anti-air

Also doesn't Imperial Dane not use the medical bunker as Wehrmacht because he plays German Infantry Doctrine a lot for free healing with the Grenadiere?

Also I don't see why Wehrmacht doesn't need the Ostwind. I see it used often in 1v1 matches that I watch at high level play. And it is better AA than the 222 or pintle mounted mg42s
PAGES (18)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS