48%
Naval battle mix with land Battle ?
Option Distribution Votes
24%
76%
Total votes: 84
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Mar 2021, 11:29 AM

Japanese with naval battlefield !!!! and islands !!!!!

Please :*(
29 Mar 2021, 11:31 AM

Why islands specifically?
29 Mar 2021, 12:23 PM

islands for mix naval and land
29 Mar 2021, 12:26 PM

Vote no because it's the idiot feel memory acceptance who propose this. ;)
29 Mar 2021, 12:38 PM

Vote no because it's the idiot feel memory acceptance who propose this. ;)

Oh

I was gonna vote yes, but if you say so. Alright. No it is.
29 Mar 2021, 12:38 PM

Well, why not? Back in CoH1, when there was a Volkswagen Typ 166 (Schwimmwagen). I always thought - hey, there is a river but I can't swim across it in a floating car. It may not be an island system, but rivers or individual islands with valuable resources to get on to which you can either build a new bridge, or cross on amphibious transport or paratroopers.
29 Mar 2021, 12:40 PM

Well, why not? Back in CoH1, when there was a Volkswagen Typ 166 (Schwimmwagen). I always thought - hey, there is a river but I can't swim across it in a floating car. It may not be an island system, but rivers or individual islands with valuable resources to get on to which you can either build a new bridge, or cross on amphibious transport or paratroopers.

:thumbsup:
30 Mar 2021, 00:17 AM

Sorry, voted no on both. I want COH3 and will buy it if Relic makes it. It won't really be able to scale to mixed land/sea. Japan didn't really have much for tanks so it would be hard to incorporate them into a COH2-style game with any sort of realism.
30 Mar 2021, 00:51 AM

All we need is the addition of Italy and the African front.
30 Mar 2021, 02:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2021, 00:51 AMQmotion

+1

In a game about unit preservation, why include the Japanese? They have an even worse reputation than the Soviets!

They also couldn't really match other modern armies on land. They will be even more special snowflake-y than OKW if you count their experimental units (which were still worse compared to other nations for the most part) that never saw combat. Their army, navy, and airforce were all eventually outclassed by the Americans, so what would their strength even be?

Finally, I don't think naval would translate well into CoH. Does anyone else like swimming Sturmtigers that can hit half the map? Because that's exactly what a battleship might be. That sounds unfun to play against - howitizers are frustrating enough.

Now, if it was China vs Japan, that would be a much more interesting matchup.
30 Mar 2021, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2021, 00:51 AMQmotion
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2021, 02:38 AMKasarov

+1

In a game about unit preservation, why include the Japanese? They have an even worse reputation than the Soviets!

They also couldn't really match other modern armies on land. They will be even more special snowflake-y than OKW if you count their experimental units (which were still worse compared to other nations for the most part) that never saw combat. Their army, navy, and airforce were all eventually outclassed by the Americans, so what would their strength even be?

Finally, I don't think naval would translate well into CoH. Does anyone else like swimming Sturmtigers that can hit half the map? Because that's exactly what a battleship might be. That sounds unfun to play against - howitizers are frustrating enough.

Now, if it was China vs Japan, that would be a much more interesting matchup.

Hell yeah give me that 1942 Eastern Europe and North Africa war, I want a battlefield where the M4 Sherman tank and the Panzer IV Ausf F2 are the baddest motherfuckers around, and the T-34-76 is a damn good tank.
30 Mar 2021, 03:53 AM

30 Mar 2021, 05:05 AM

The river system has the right to be in the game. Many do not realize but forcing rivers was a huge part and problem in WW2. What can we say, the Allies organized three airborne operations to preserve bridges or cross the river (partly Overlord operation, Market Garden, Varsity). On the Eastern Front, there was one airborne operation to cross the river - the Dnieper airborne operation and one canceled - an airborne operation to cross the Danube. There may be more valuable resources or a better position across the river.
MMX
30 Mar 2021, 05:26 AM

The river system has the right to be in the game. Many do not realize but forcing rivers was a huge part and problem in WW2. What can we say, the Allies organized three airborne operations to preserve bridges or cross the river (partly Overlord operation, Market Garden, Varsity). On the Eastern Front, there was one airborne operation to cross the river - the Dnieper airborne operation and one canceled - an airborne operation to cross the Danube. There may be more valuable resources or a better position across the river.

while that may all be true, historical significance doesn't automatically translate into good gameplay elements. for example, there are already a couple of maps with an overabundance of choke points in the form of bridges in the game, and i guess you'd agree those are not exactly fun to play on (outside of compstomps maybe).
30 Mar 2021, 05:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2021, 05:26 AMMMX

while that may all be true, historical significance doesn't automatically translate into good gameplay elements. for example, there are already a couple of maps with an overabundance of choke points in the form of bridges in the game, and i guess you'd agree those are not exactly fun to play on (outside of compstomps maybe).

I personally have always loved summer Rzhev with its narrow passages, for the bloodiness and stubbornness of the battles in this map. Blizzard, dirt system I really liked in the game and I think it makes no sense to add something really changing gameplay, some kind of uniqueness of the game that would then cut it out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 52
unknown 18
Germany 15
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %