Login

russian armor

Commanders Exploit/bug

• This thread is locked
26 Mar 2021, 07:32 AM

There is an exploit/bug with the commanders that let the players manipulate the commanders, thus using the other faction commanders in-game. Now we reached another level of this chaos.

Unfortunately, in the new phase of commanders' manipulation exploit, players, mix various factions commanders and use them as their loadout in-game. Not only one player, 3 OUT OF 4 PLAYERS IN A SINGLE TEAM. This is an absolute disgrace.

Now let me tell you who and what

This is the screenshot of the loading screen, demonstrating, 3 players are using the allied commanders.
https://imgur.com/65Ig4XC

Guiltytoot - 1 British and 2 OKW commanders
https://imgur.com/xyPlPh9
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198799310286

Grey - 2 British and 1 Soviet comamnders
https://imgur.com/rIiRCj0
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046118794

Andresov - 2 British and 1 OKW commander
https://imgur.com/Yd1t7ZQ
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020766200

The proof of using the commanders in-game:
https://imgur.com/q9MTBbM
https://imgur.com/Gn79Ce0

Now, let's put the alt accounts issue on top of that. Cheating is cheap. People make multiple accounts on Steam and benefit from the library sharing feature to use what they purchase on their main account. They can create new accounts and cheat as long as they want. If they can't stop the exploit, at least they can disable the family library sharing feature, just like COH1. They can't fix the exploits in COH1, so they disable this feature to not let the cheaters enjoy their cheap alt account business. The main account is always safe.

This is frustrating. No one can even calculate and process a proper strategy in such an unprecedented situation. Faction balance has no meaning in this way. I would like to request immediate action against all this chaos.

Thanks
26 Mar 2021, 07:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Best is to save the replay to secure it, then report the players to Relic. This is an old bug that some unfortunately exploit.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/246442/player-reporting-guidelines
26 Mar 2021, 07:37 AM

Best is to save the replay to secure it, then report the players to Relic. This is an old bug that some unfortunately exploit.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/246442/player-reporting-guidelines

It doesn't matter as long as they can create alt accounts based on their main account, thus benefiting their family library share. Just look how many times they changed names.
26 Mar 2021, 08:04 AM

He's right.
What he's saying is that it's irrelevant that they be reported.
With that, cheating, unfortunately, now pays :p

And he's saying, if it can't be fixed, then family sharing ought to
be turned off, as they can get away with it easily and risk-free.
26 Mar 2021, 08:17 AM

He's right.
What he's saying is that it's irrelevant that they be reported.
With that, cheating, unfortunately, now pays :p

And he's saying, if it can't be fixed, then family sharing ought to
be turned off, as they can get away with it easily and risk-free.

Exactly.
26 Mar 2021, 08:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It doesn't matter as long as they can create alt accounts based on their main account, thus benefiting their family library share. Just look how many times they changed names.

But then what is the point of posting?
It's not like that is a hidden hack so that players find out 30 min into the game that they never had a chance. Everyone can see on the loading screen already and then drop from the game. Knowing about their steam ID before hand does not help.

I thought you wanted to report them and that's why you posted.
26 Mar 2021, 09:03 AM

But then what is the point of posting?
It's not like that is a hidden hack so that players find out 30 min into the game that they never had a chance. Everyone can see on the loading screen already and then drop from the game. Knowing about their steam ID before hand does not help.

I thought you wanted to report them and that's why you posted.

Really? So the players should drop and drop and drop and drop and drop and drop and drop and...
3 days later.
To finally find someone who doesn't cheat in-game?!

What is the point of the competitive aspect of the game then?
With your logic then why do have automatic when fair fight and ranks have no meaning?

Report? I've already reported them beforehand. BUT the problem is they can create another account and CHEAT FOR FREE.

COH2 is not a F2P game like CSGO, people pay in CASH to play this nice game with all their passion. Therefore, there must be a severe punishment for the people who actively try to ruin the true experience of the game. It's super easy to stop the cycle. DISABLE THE FAMILY LIBRARY SHARING.
26 Mar 2021, 09:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

snip

I thought your main point was that you wanted to post exploiters here because you think reporting does not help. So by posting them you could at least make people aware if they get matched with them. And in that case it really does not help because everyone can see they are exploiting on the loading screen already (in contrast to a maphack or other cheat that you won't find out about until long into the game).

It wasn't clear to me that your main issue is the family sharing, I assumed you just wanted to give an explanation how they do it. But yes, I am with you on this one. The free give aways that CoH2 had certainly did not help either.
MMX
26 Mar 2021, 11:24 AM

welp, i assumed any bans accrued on a family-shared account would automatically transfer over to all associated accounts? that's disappointing indeed
26 Mar 2021, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 11:24 AMMMX
welp, i assumed any bans accrued on a family-shared account would automatically transfer over to all associated accounts? that's disappointing indeed

Family shared accounts are still independent accounts.
Its not possible for relic to identify shared accounts anyway, only steam can do that(and they themselves took action against smurfing in dota using this method and ban shared accounts as well).
26 Mar 2021, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 11:30 AMKatitof

Its not possible for relic to identify shared accounts anyway, only steam can do that(and they themselves took action against smurfing in dota using this method and ban shared accounts as well).

I am 95% sure that CoH2 bans cannot be bypassed with family share, only through buying the game again
26 Mar 2021, 11:49 AM

I am 95% sure that CoH2 bans cannot be bypassed with family share, only through buying the game again

I'd say the exact opposite as family shared accounts are completely independent accounts, steam sharing doesn't like the two in any other way then shared library.

Shared accounts do not use "online account" from the source library and have their very own, just library and dlc content is shared and relic has no way to know which accounts are shared or of its genuine shared account or smurf.
Only Relic postRelic 26 Mar 2021, 17:47 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey all. Just to prevent this thread from debating what can and can't be done to accounts.... we have tools at our disposal to handle this. So if you encounter players breaking the Code of Conduct, please report them following these steps. The more you report and the more you can show us patterns, the more we can do about this.
26 Mar 2021, 18:29 PM

I thought your main point was that you wanted to post exploiters here because you think reporting does not help. So by posting them you could at least make people aware if they get matched with them. And in that case it really does not help because everyone can see they are exploiting on the loading screen already (in contrast to a maphack or other cheat that you won't find out about until long into the game).

It wasn't clear to me that your main issue is the family sharing, I assumed you just wanted to give an explanation how they do it. But yes, I am with you on this one. The free give aways that CoH2 had certainly did not help either.

Try reading what someone writes next time. He made his point abundantly clear, you just wanted to ram in whatever talking point you had in mind to tell him to sit down and shut up.
26 Mar 2021, 19:31 PM

Hey all. Just to prevent this thread from debating what can and can't be done to accounts.... we have tools at our disposal to handle this. So if you encounter players breaking the Code of Conduct, please report them following these steps. The more you report and the more you can show us patterns, the more we can do about this.

I've already reported them, please check your e-mail, buddy.

Of course, you can disable family library sharing just like how you did with COH1. At least they can't benefit alt accounts in this way.
26 Mar 2021, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2021, 11:30 AMKatitof

This to be honest.

Neither of the other alt accounts will be affected nor the main account. The comprehensive ban only applies to Valve games or games that use the Valve anti-cheat system. Valve anti-cheat punishments appear on players' profiles and they affect the main account beside the alt account, unlike the in-game Relic punishments.
27 Mar 2021, 07:49 AM

That is *VERY* much appreciated.
Thank you tons, man ^_^
27 Mar 2021, 15:34 PM

There is an exploit/bug with the commanders that let the players manipulate the commanders, thus using the other faction commanders in-game. Now we reached another level of this chaos.
Thanks

I had this happen as a bug to me in this patch, but left the game instead of playing it. I play with a group of 3 that is usually ranked around 100 so getting even a time ban would suck. If you think cheating has become endemic, try to find a group of 4 and get to a decent rank. Even at our modest rank, we do not run into a lot of people who are obviously cheating. You'll also end up in fewer games where your teammate builds 3 Katy's.
27 Mar 2021, 16:09 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

As John posted, they're handling this at relic. Please report them via the enforcement email. We don't allow shame threads here.

/locked
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS