Login

russian armor

Major Too overpriced

25 Mar 2021, 20:52 PM

You think the 50cal is useless, dont know what a free unit is and ignored most arguments so far... thats enough for me to ignore your opinion but keep it coming, it really makes me giggle :D

Previou balance patch discussion for usf had over 350posts and 2.5k posts with all factiosn combined, the balance team does listen.
25 Mar 2021, 20:52 PM

i know im right and im not gonna back down until you refute my points with a legit argument you said everyone requested the 50 cal nerf which one are you speaking for them too you are doing the same thing that you accuse me of doing

I hate to break it to you, but your individual opinion is not as important as you think it is.
25 Mar 2021, 21:54 PM

in what world 50 cal nerf is a requested change its already a weak MG now its worthless

Yes, because everybody wasn't just A-moving .50 Cals around and abusing the fast set up time like it was the second coming of maxim spam. Nevermind the fact that it's a soft counter to light vehicles. Totally useless.
25 Mar 2021, 22:31 PM

The more I've played, the more I've grown to love the Major.

In 1v1 its another place to put a Bazooka or 1919, has shared vet so it hits that ever important vet 2 mark quickly, and gives you another capper. The recon is really important, and the arty barrage is actually pretty decent.

In team games, the forward retreat point is very good, as is the Recon. (especially if you get it to vet 2 first)
26 Mar 2021, 04:41 AM

Major is just too overpriced and offer too little in terms of tier offering yes USF tanks are very powerful in right hands and major's abalites can offer good ultility but its simply not enough

but perhaps there can be an alternative solution

1 reduce the major's cost to 90 fuel but add a side teching called chrysler defense aresnal it already exists too. so you see when im not sweating in 1 vs 1 and raging i hop into a all units 180 mod and a bridge map when you first activate the major you can only bulid M10 M8 and Veichle crews to get anything more powerful chrysler defense arsenal needed to be upgraded

2 add a tier 4 elite infantry squad to USF this is something they despeartely need in order to remain compettive in late game im thinking of removing the rangers from the doctrine and add them to BCP then the side tech to upgrade the tanks

same way OKW flak HQ has to while i understand the circumstances are different that OKW flak upgrade to give players a chance to kill it so it cant lock a cut off point down but Major is simply not worth paying 300 MP and 55 fuel or 500 MP and 70 fuel just to enable and then 190 MP to 120 fuel

your kinda right in the point major is to expensive with all the important things hiding behind it. like usa have no tanks no mediums nothing till that 120f is spent. no retreat poit. no radar. no mortar carriage. atleast make major cheap then u have to unlock jackson and carriage on a side tier
26 Mar 2021, 05:01 AM

officer is not free you pay for the officer

You're right. The Battalion Command post unlock should no longer give the player a Major unit, instead it should only unlock the vehicles for 190mp and 120fuel which is comparable in price to other faction tech unlocks. For example, British company command post is 280mp and 115fuel.

Then make the major a separate purchase that costs an additional 150mp-which would make it the cheapest infantry squad in the game. Now the major costs 0 fuel to build.
26 Mar 2021, 05:05 AM

Major is just too overpriced and offer too little in terms of tier offering yes USF tanks are very powerful in right hands and major's abalites can offer good ultility but its simply not enough

but perhaps there can be an alternative solution

1 reduce the major's cost to 90 fuel but add a side teching called chrysler defense aresnal it already exists too. so you see when im not sweating in 1 vs 1 and raging i hop into a all units 180 mod and a bridge map when you first activate the major you can only bulid M10 M8 and Veichle crews to get anything more powerful chrysler defense arsenal needed to be upgraded

2 add a tier 4 elite infantry squad to USF this is something they despeartely need in order to remain compettive in late game im thinking of removing the rangers from the doctrine and add them to BCP then the side tech to upgrade the tanks

same way OKW flak HQ has to while i understand the circumstances are different that OKW flak upgrade to give players a chance to kill it so it cant lock a cut off point down but Major is simply not worth paying 300 MP and 55 fuel or 500 MP and 70 fuel just to enable and then 190 MP to 120 fuel

USF are in a very good spot in 1v1 a actually , and they are fine as they are
26 Mar 2021, 17:53 PM

Yes, because everybody wasn't just A-moving .50 Cals around and abusing the fast set up time like it was the second coming of maxim spam. Nevermind the fact that it's a soft counter to light vehicles. Totally useless.
this is your argument ? maxims maxim spam was and is a dead meme left from 2014 when allied player complain about MG 42 spam your answer would be smoke and flank but for whatever reason its not applied for axis players
27 Mar 2021, 06:49 AM

this is your argument ? maxims maxim spam was and is a dead meme left from 2014 when allied player complain about MG 42 spam your answer would be smoke and flank but for whatever reason its not applied for axis players

Man...I wish every Ost Battlephase give me a PzGren squad.
Do you consider those 3 PzGren squad free or not?
27 Mar 2021, 12:59 PM

Well hes supposed to be a major investment since he also gives major benefits
27 Mar 2021, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2021, 12:59 PMBaba

Eyyyyyyyyyy
27 Mar 2021, 13:44 PM

Major is a balls out unit. 3 man squad of doom.

Can act as a forward retreat point: Big plus
Has smoke nade: Big plus in any game mode
Has a barrage: Great in both defensive and offensive plays
Has a recon plane: Great in offensive plays
Can carry two zooks: Great in any scenario

Major is a majorly underestimated unit. I only play USF in competitive 3v3 and I've never ever been let down by it. Sometimes it does die quickly to a random shell but you know... fuck it, build another one. Heck, when I play some leisure OKW in standard 3v3 with whoever joins my game, I know that I have to find the major later on to kill it's forward retreat.
Don't talk shit about the major.
27 Mar 2021, 13:50 PM

Not a single person agreed with OP "voice of the people"

If only the balance team would listens to more than only top10 players FeelsBadMan
27 Mar 2021, 13:56 PM

> Major Too overpriced

Literally 0 cost. What do you want? The game to give you 150mp if you unlock him? LUL
27 Mar 2021, 15:27 PM

Not a single person agreed with OP "voice of the people"

If only the balance team would listens to more than only top10 players FeelsBadMan

Balance team should most definitely not listen to a specific group of people exclusively.

Top players in a game are usually the most biased ones and as such will always, consciously or not, advocate for their favourite faction.

The people in the mod team must do what they feel like is the best course of action and use the top players as a general guideline as to whether they are going in the right direction.
Forums are also good, but the biggest problem is that some people have no life outside of some forums and as such spam nonsense 24/7, therefore "polluting" and drowning out good ideas...

but yeah, this whole thread is nonsensical.
27 Mar 2021, 18:53 PM

Major timing is fine. USF tanks come at like the same time as other factions'
28 Mar 2021, 01:48 AM

Top players in a game are usually the most biased ones and as such will always, consciously or not, advocate for their favourite faction.

Honestly this is the same no matter what skill level you're at. The difference is that top players know better how to maximize a factions potential so biased balance suggestions from them at least come from a place of knowledge.
Bias is not particular to nor even emphasized by greater skill.
28 Mar 2021, 04:07 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2021, 12:59 PMBaba

Dude, that pun, made the thread even better
28 Mar 2021, 04:19 AM

> Major Too overpriced

Literally 0 cost. What do you want? The game to give you 150mp if you unlock him? LUL

Get rid of the squad and put the major in a free sherman. Retains all support abilities. Sherman is towing crates of fuel/muni as well
29 Mar 2021, 00:40 AM

Get rid of the squad and put the major in a free sherman. Retains all support abilities. Sherman is towing crates of fuel/muni as well

Great for retreating past their front line
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS