Login

russian armor

Major Too overpriced

25 Mar 2021, 17:34 PM

Major is just too overpriced and offer too little in terms of tier offering yes USF tanks are very powerful in right hands and major's abalites can offer good ultility but its simply not enough

but perhaps there can be an alternative solution

1 reduce the major's cost to 90 fuel but add a side teching called chrysler defense aresnal it already exists too. so you see when im not sweating in 1 vs 1 and raging i hop into a all units 180 mod and a bridge map when you first activate the major you can only bulid M10 M8 and Veichle crews to get anything more powerful chrysler defense arsenal needed to be upgraded

2 add a tier 4 elite infantry squad to USF this is something they despeartely need in order to remain compettive in late game im thinking of removing the rangers from the doctrine and add them to BCP then the side tech to upgrade the tanks

same way OKW flak HQ has to while i understand the circumstances are different that OKW flak upgrade to give players a chance to kill it so it cant lock a cut off point down but Major is simply not worth paying 300 MP and 55 fuel or 500 MP and 70 fuel just to enable and then 190 MP to 120 fuel
25 Mar 2021, 17:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1) what should that achieve? USF armor comes at similar timings as all other factions. Resource investment is similar to OKW and Soviets.

2) USF has the strongest main line in the game, I don't see why they need a non doc elite infantry.

3) OKW T3 tech was split only to allow better timing of Obers and doctrinal units. It had nothing to do with the gun, since the cost for getting the gun stayed the same. If you want to lock down a sector with the HQ, you do it in almost the same time as before
25 Mar 2021, 18:21 PM

Why? I'd much rather not have to pay fuel when rebuilding a Major than to lower the fuel cost.
25 Mar 2021, 18:55 PM

1) what should that achieve? USF armor comes at similar timings as all other factions. Resource investment is similar to OKW and Soviets.

2) USF has the strongest main line in the game, I don't see why they need a non doc elite infantry.

3) OKW T3 tech was split only to allow better timing of Obers and doctrinal units. It had nothing to do with the gun, since the cost for getting the gun stayed the same. If you want to lock down a sector with the HQ, you do it in almost the same time as before

so how should i begin to explain this to your lecter ?

its not similar timing at all yes in a match where map control is 50:50 both players can get a medium tank around the same time but you also have to consider the scaling of the said mediums with this recent patch its clear the P4 J is alpha dog so as a counter balance allies should be able to get their own counter parts earlier i could complain about how spoon fed OKW is blah blah but im through beating a dead horse

2 Best mainline infantry ? that is debatable having the abality to upgrade whatever the hell you want is not an indication of being the best USF desperately needs an late game elite infantry that can go in and challange the elites of the other side

you can disagree with me that is fine but consider my opinon valid as well maybe i know something you dont

edit: BAH what is the use that washed out voice actor and dumb replay casters who handle community balancing will not listen to legitamate concrens instead they will just keep releasing nerfs on allies
25 Mar 2021, 19:34 PM

Honestly the timing the major comes in, if reduced anymore, would probably be busted in team games. You are spending 120 fuel for the forward retreat point as well keep that in mind, a mobile one at that. In 1v1's he's used more for backcapping and occasional utility. As of now I believe as Hannibal said the timing of the major matches german heavy vehicles so it's actually probably perfectly priced.

I will disagree with Hannibal about rifles being the strongest mainline infantry, tommies and fusiliers take that prize.
25 Mar 2021, 19:35 PM

Major is just too overpriced and offer too little in terms of tier offering yes USF tanks are very powerful in right hands and major's abalites can offer good ultility but its simply not enough

1 reduce the major's cost to 90 fuel but add a side teching called chrysler defense aresnal it already exists too. so you see when im not sweating in 1 vs 1 and raging i hop into a all units 180 mod and a bridge map when you first activate the major you can only bulid M10 M8 and Veichle crews to get anything more powerful chrysler defense arsenal needed to be upgraded

2 add a tier 4 elite infantry squad to USF this is something they despeartely need in order to remain compettive in late game im thinking of removing the rangers from the doctrine and add them to BCP then the side tech to upgrade the tanks

same way OKW flak HQ has to while i understand the circumstances are different that OKW flak upgrade to give players a chance to kill it so it cant lock a cut off point down but Major is simply not worth paying 300 MP and 55 fuel or 500 MP and 70 fuel just to enable and then 190 MP to 120 fuel

hows major tier not enough? you get a utility unit FOR FREE that can carry zooks. Thats one utility unit with zooks more than any other faction

m10 should not be a stock unit, its simply too strong for a non-doc unit
usf doesnt need non-doc elite infantry either, rifles are just fine for the most part and t4 rangers would be terrible, even worse timing than in the live version

i suggest you make the tech math for otehr factions first, come back and compare actual numbers, throwing some costs in an empty room and saying its not enough is not a argument
25 Mar 2021, 19:48 PM

hows major tier not enough? you get a utility unit FOR FREE that can carry zooks. Thats one utility unit with zooks more than any other faction

m10 should not be a stock unit, its simply too strong for a non-doc unit
usf doesnt need non-doc elite infantry either, rifles are just fine for the most part and t4 rangers would be terrible, even worse timing than in the live version

i suggest you make the tech math for otehr factions first, come back and compare actual numbers, throwing some costs in an empty room and saying its not enough is not a argument
i know the math already

300 mp and 50 fuel for unlock and 190 and 120 fuel for production its self
compared to 400 MP and 160 fuel for fast flak HQ but if you go with med and mech HQ before flak HQ thats your choice

abality to carry free zooks ? did you said that as i said to hannibal abality to carry weapons from racks dont make or break a unit its not free you still pay MP and fuel to unlock him
Pip
25 Mar 2021, 19:55 PM

abality to carry free zooks ? did you said that as i said to hannibal abality to carry weapons from racks dont make or break a unit its not free you still pay MP and fuel to unlock him

The unit is free. You're paying for your tiered tech, and getting an Officer unit as a bonus on top of that, just like with the Lieutenant and Captain. You only pay for the Officer if you purchase him for a second time, the first time you receive him you are not purchasing the Officer.

EDIT: This is why the recent change to Officers was giving USF players the ability to force them off of the field, rather than the tech levels being made cheaper, and not automatically granting the Officer units. There ostensibly isnt a "cost" involved in the Officer himself.
25 Mar 2021, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2021, 19:55 PMPip

The unit is free. You're paying for your tiered tech, and getting an Officer unit as a bonus on top of that, just like with the Lieutenant and Captain. You only pay for the Officer if you purchase him for a second time, the first time you receive him you are not purchasing the Officer.

EDIT: This is why the recent change to Officers was giving USF players the ability to force them off of the field, rather than the tech levels being made cheaper, and not automatically granting the Officer units. There ostensibly isnt a "cost" involved in the Officer himself.

officer is not free you pay for the officer he unlocks the bulidng and also the officer transfer does jack shit why in the hell people would willingly trade away an officer any transfer based abality does not fit into a multiplayer game like seriously there is no point in arguing what i ask is never gonna happen anyway

because communnity balance team dont give 2 shits about people like me they only care about the opinions of top players who only touch USF once win with it and go about their buisness with their main armies
25 Mar 2021, 20:14 PM

Ye, balance team doesnt give a shit... guess thats why there are multiple threads about each faction every patch

And yes, what you ask for will never gonna happen cause its a terrible idea. Pretty simple
Alot of community requested changes have been implemented over the last patches btw
25 Mar 2021, 20:17 PM

Ye, balance team doesnt give a shit... guess thats why there are multiple threads about each faction every patch

And yes, what you ask for will never gonna happen cause its a terrible idea. Pretty simple
Alot of community requested changes have been implemented over the last patches btw

in what world 50 cal nerf is a requested change its already a weak MG now its worthless
25 Mar 2021, 20:17 PM

On larger modes just give the Major two BARs and watch him vet up fast. Very quickly his (vetted) barrage/recon will be a serious problem if you can use him half decently. I find that people underestimate his usefulness.

And he has a smoke iirc.
25 Mar 2021, 20:20 PM

in what world 50 cal nerf is a requested change its already a weak MG now its worthless

It was requested by basically everyone, in what universe do you live? If you seriously think its worthless we have nothing to talk about, guess its my fault for falling into a troll thread. have fun playing bridge maps
25 Mar 2021, 20:26 PM

It was requested by basically everyone, in what universe do you live? If you seriously think its worthless we have nothing to talk about, guess its my fault for falling into a troll thread. have fun playing bridge maps
requested by everyone in top 10

where is our input does our opinions are worhtless to your top 10 shills grow the fuck up and listen to people from all walks of rankings in this game if you listen to anyone below 100 that 50 cal nerf is not reuqested by everyone then ? this is the problem with you once you reach that level of clout you turn a blind eye and deaf ear to everyone trying to be heard

edit this is no troll thread its very easy for you people to brush us aside as noobs and trolls

but everything i voiced here is legit stop listening to only top 10s and listen to people in 300 to 400 rankings because that is where the problems arise not in top 10s
25 Mar 2021, 20:30 PM

Dont act like youre the voice of the people
25 Mar 2021, 20:31 PM

Dont act like youre the voice of the people
never said i was but you sure are acting Like it im done arguing with you i know im right and im not gonna back down until you refute my points with a legit argument you said everyone requested the 50 cal nerf which one are you speaking for them too you are doing the same thing that you accuse me of doing
25 Mar 2021, 20:47 PM

recon, a retreat point and arty isnt good enough? what in the cinnamon toast fuck are you on about? all of his abilities get better with vet as well, extra planes for the recon, extra shells for the arty and the ability to lock down and thus prevent the enemy from capping points at vet 3.... all ion a free unit!

why? usf doesnt need more tiered teching, especially not more units in it.

again.... why? do rifles suddenly not have access to BARs? usf is designed so that vetted and armed rifles ARE your elite infantry. they wont 1v1 obers, but anything less they will make into meat. if you feel rifles are not sufficient, id sooner officers be made into an elite unit anolog than adding a very strong doctrinal unit to their core

yes, the circumstances are different. wildy different... and thats about all the sense i made out of that last line.... usf teching is roughly in line with all other factions. they have good power spikes afforded by the free officers and great vehicles as well as the crew mechanic that m4easnt hey dont have to bog themselves down with co9mbat ineffective engineers.
25 Mar 2021, 20:50 PM

and im not gonna back down until you refute my points with a legit argument

The .50cal is not worthless. If it's worthless in your hands, it's either the unit that's worthless or your hands. You pick which one it is.
Pip
25 Mar 2021, 20:51 PM

officer is not free you pay for the officer he unlocks the bulidng and also the officer transfer does jack shit why in the hell people would willingly trade away an officer any transfer based abality does not fit into a multiplayer game like seriously there is no point in arguing what i ask is never gonna happen anyway

because communnity balance team dont give 2 shits about people like me they only care about the opinions of top players who only touch USF once win with it and go about their buisness with their main armies

No, you have it entirely backwards. You are NOT paying for the Major, you are paying for the Battalion Command Post, the Major is a free bonus that you are given for researching that tech. This is rather obvious.

The transfer ability exists so that you can get rid of the free officer that you receive from teching, in order to free up population space. This ability exists because you may not want a particular officer in your army build, but because you are given them for free when you tech, you otherwise would need to suicide them.

never said i was but you sure are acting Like it im done arguing with you i know im right and im not gonna back down until you refute my points with a legit argument you said everyone requested the 50 cal nerf which one are you speaking for them too you are doing the same thing that you accuse me of doing

Here are your "legit arguments".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS