Login

russian armor

Newbie help on Heavy Cavalry tech choices

30 Mar 2021, 06:34 AM

But doesn't that make it incredibly easy to pull 'Close the pocket' off? The commander also has

"Break Supply Line"
Send in a Stuka bomber to neutralize a targeted point with a precision strike, causing the territory to shift in a neutral state.

- which can just cut you off. Then 'Close the pocket' and boom, opponent's army is gone. What am I missing? This would be terribly overpowered and everybody would use it ...
30 Mar 2021, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2021, 16:57 PMredfox
Quick update, I seem to be getting better (thanks to your tips!),

I also appreciate general feedback, if someone actually wants to watch the replay. :D

Cheers!

I could try to look at it at some point later when I'm free. Blobbing as USF should be used "Tactically". Blobbing isn't inherently a bad tactic, concentrating all of your firepower instantly in one spot, you just have to be smart on when to use it and when to stop. If you pull off a flank on a retreating army, blob all you want you want to attempt to wipe squads. If you are defending, staying close but slightly spread out in cover is the best way to concentrate your firepower. Because the reality of it is that if your opponent blobs at you, if successful he will scare off one squad at a time and can win engagements that way. (2v2+ disclaimer).

About close the pocket, it's only good if you didn't know what it did. You have to think about the conditions for it to succeed.
A. He has to, at best, spend 280 munitions to nuke your cut off, then close the pocket.
B. You had to not know he was going to do it (The stuka bomb being the que, not noticing his storm troopers)
C. You had to fallback your army late(From not knowing, not reacting to the cues).

Counter point to that is
A. He is not spending his munitions to win engagements(grenades, abilities)
B. He is not spending his munitions on weapon upgrades (Win infantry engagements, less bleed)
C. He is not spending his munitions on mines or vehicle upgradesA

A cutoff point is basically a point that when taken, denies you or your opponent resources. As USF it's often critical to attack these points because if your opponent is smart, they will turtle up on a fuel point and create a death zone to assault(even if you are good at the game). Cut off points force your opponent to move and engage you or lose all their resources. Most of the time these are closest to you or your opponents base. Look at the minimap when a point is taken and it will be flashing as to what you are gaining/losing as far as nodes. If there is no connection, anything past the point of no connection will be blinking implying it is cut off and will not provide resources.A
30 Mar 2021, 20:02 PM

Thanks for the explanation, that helps! So I guess I just need to keep an eye on this, since if the ability is denied, the opponent is practically playing without a commander and has limited munitions. Makes sense! This just really caught me offguard.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
United Kingdom 10
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak